What should I reply?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treasure99

Reaction score
Hi guys, bit cheesed off with a client and not sure what to say when I call her. Can u help.
Had a call to for a voucher for a mums birthday, sold voucher and booked in at 2pm today for a back, neck and shoulder massage.
1:55 call from son in law, mum running 15 mins late. I asked him to let her know if she was any later than 2:15 I wouldn't be able to see her as I have another client straight after. He calls me at 2:15 and says he rang her to see if she was here and she told him she'd knocked and didn't get a reply!
1. I would of heard my door plus I have a bell.
2.my number is on the voucher, do could have called, she has and must have her phone as son
In law was calling her!!
Got a text 5 mins ago from her saying sorry, will be in touch to re-book!
Soooo, how do I reply? I have a £10 charge for late cancellations/no show.
That means she'll have to pay extra when coming to use her voucher!?!
Thanks in advance.

M

"HI,
Sorry you missed your appointment.

I do charge a £10 fee for missed appointments and late cancellations. Once you've paid that I can get you rebooked at a time that suits.

If she doesn't pay the £10, don't re-book her.

Personally, I charge the full amount for a missed appointment so she is very lucky that you are only charging £10

Thank you Elibee😃

I hate it when this happens I get all uncomfortable and panic, I had a lady in yesterday for full body massage and express facial she came 15 mins late and then said I only want a bns now as I have to be somewhere at 7.
Grrrr I then stupidly just charged her for the bns and was grinding my teeth whilst I sat an hour loosing money waiting for my next client!!
I think I need to grow a pair xx

No answer, message left and no reply!!

No answer, message left and no reply!!

Phew!

You are very brave. I think I would need to 'grow a pair' in that situation. I let a no show off as I felt sorry for them.

Must get business head on! xx

Just an update.
Daughter re-booked for her mum for this mon eve. I told her I'd need £10 before securing appt 48 he's before.
Agreed to dropping in fri, then sat, then no show. I messaged today to tell them appt cancelled as did not rec money.
She's getting all nasty now, insisting her mother knocked and got no reply. Demanding back full amount. Shes coming to my house! Her BF then called me shouting down the phone. I hung up.
I've said I'd refund the amount minus £10.
Is this fair enough? I'm actually really
Worried as they sound very nasty people.

Just an update.
Daughter re-booked for her mum for this mon eve. I told her I'd need £10 before securing appt 48 he's before.
Agreed to dropping in fri, then sat, then no show. I messaged today to tell them appt cancelled as did not rec money.
She's getting all nasty now, insisting her mother knocked and got no reply. Demanding back full amount. Shes coming to my house! Her BF then called me shouting down the phone. I hung up.
I've said I'd refund the amount minus £10.
Is this fair enough? I'm actually really
Worried as they sound very nasty people.

Aw huni, please try not to worry, I've had very nasty client before who nearly caused me nervous breakdown., she texted me and called me at all hours and I was pooping myself however geeks on here advised me to stand my ground which I did eventually!

If you set out your cancelation policy and they were aware of it then tough. If they didn't turn up or refused to pay cancelation fee then it's their problem not yours. Keep the money for the voucher. They only bully you because they can see you are scared. Send them an email or text saying what happened (no show, no cancelation monies paid) and that now you are unable to allocate them as they breached your policy and you can't help them any further. If they keep insisting, say you will have to seek further assistance and PLEASE ignore their nonsense!!! After my incident I even put my prices up so I don't attract the
Wrong type of client anymore!!

Hugs

Xx

I know this is difficult but try to take yourself out of this situation personally and think of it purely as business.

If your policy is to charge £10 for a missed appointment then yes, refund the cost of the voucher less £10. Put a letter in with refund stating that this payment is made in full and final settlement.

Don't get into any personal statements. Just keep it professional. If you feel they are beginning to harrass you, tell them you will take it further (and mean it).

You have dealt with it extemely generously so far. Pity they don't realise that. Good luck xx

Thanks guys. Will keep u updated.

Shy does everybody insist on communicating via text?

Phone them!

I had tried before, but she replied to me via text saying she's at work and Can only text.

Her BF called me today and was shouting down the phone. I don't really want to hear that!

I had tried before, but she replied to me via text saying she's at work and Can only text.

Her BF called me today and was shouting down the phone. I don't really want to hear that!

She's clearly too much of a chicken to even talk to you. Hiding behind the texts and nasty BF. x

Just refund her minus £10 it's only fair that you get the money for the wasted slot and her bf is giving it the big mouth to scare and bully you so stand your ground and take it further if they continue to harass and scream at you xx

Txs guys for your comments, it's made me feel certain! I was wobbling, thinking oh maybe I should.
I've sent money, minus £10, by bank transfer, it should be there by now.

Still annoys me they're lying by saying she knocked on my door!! It's my fault apparently, I ignored the door!

Latest posts

Back