What Tanning Technique/Order?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie99

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I wondered what everyones best tanning technique/order was, e.g Head, chest first or legs first etc?

xx:D

i'd be so interested in knowing peoples technique too! i have my training on monday :o haha everybody i know will have a lovely sunkissed glow read streaky rolling around in mud look :p

x

has a page ov photos which tell u the way from start to finish xx

i thought his pictures were just for the hand technique?

hi,

I do the back first, then back of legs, then each side (inc arms and legs, I also get them to lunge a little to get inside leg. Then front (chest and legs) and face last.

I do back first as I see it as the 'least scary' for the client and the face as 'most scary' if you know what I mean.

Have fun at training! I loved mine! :)

Fran

I do think its best to do back first just in case your guns not flowing properly the back gets it and not the face and it also gets the client used to the feel and temperature of solution before you get to more sensitive areas.

i have been looking at youtube videos and there are so many different techniques it seems! i've seen circle spraying, up and down spraying in one kind of motion, spray top to bottom then start at top again. it's all very confusing! i can't wait to get started on my training :D

i am so sorry for hi jacking your thread!

x

To be honest once you get used to it you find your own way.I doubt that any experienced sprayers spray exactly the same eventually you just do your own routine without even thinking.Also not all clients are all the same shape and size so you have to adapt to them.

I do think its best to do back first just in case your guns not flowing properly the back gets it and not the face and it also gets the client used to the feel and temperature of solution before you get to more sensitive areas.

Perfect...as usual Gillian :hug:

we do back, then sides, then front , then face and lastly arms. works well for me and i can probably spray blindfolded now using this routine ( but just to clarify, I don't!)

tigi

I am a complete nerd when it comes to working and do everything as taught :D by the book! lol
With Tanning, I test on a bit couch roll on inside tent, then just to make sure a spray on clients thigh.
Torso & arms first, front legs, then side, then back & back of legs, side, then face. Turn gun down and do feet & hands, a quick misting over back front & sides then face again xx

I think everyone has their own technique. Obviously some new clients may be nervous and its nice to be able to chat and put them at ease whilst also remembering where you've sprayed and where to go next. Once you get your own techniue into your head you'll do it the same every time without thinking. Starting with the client facing the screen I do the torso first (back - side - front - side) then because their arm is towards me I do this arm then the other one. I then have them face the screen again I sqat down and do the legs then face last of all. In other words back side front side arm arm leg leg and face last of all. I used to dream the sequence in my sleep when I first started. Im just off to work now 6 tans to do ready for school proms. We're really busy with them at present.

Good luck enjoy your training
Diane

I was taught by my trainer, and have pretty much stuck to what I was taught but changed a few things, as said above you kind of find your own way once you start doing it, I start on the face and neck, then do both arms and hands, then join the space beteen the arms on their torso iykwim, then do the front half of the legs, I ask them to turn and as I am already down there, I do the back of their legs, and them stand up to do the their back, form there, I have an overall look of the back, misting over any area's I feel needs it, and do the same at the front, I give them the hose at that point to let them dry themselves if they feel they need to and leave them to get dresses etc and wait for them on the shop floor, hth hope you enjoy your training!! x

i get them to face the back of the ten, do the back, bcks of arms and backs of legs, get them to face me, do the face, chest and tummy, and fronts of legs, then inside leg, then each side i do the side of arm,body and leg, then face me again and i do arms and hands. its so logical to me ! my bt does it so diffrent and she turns her dial and everything and my head is tangled by the time she is done lol x
Posted via Mobile Device

do what feels best for you, i dont do it the way i was trained it just wouldent lock in my head.

do what feels best for you, i dont do it the way i was trained it just wouldent lock in my head.

I think this is a very valid point.

Spray tan companies all adopt variants in which manner they feel is the best way to undertake a spray tan and of course it really is worth recognising that training is general and covers the main points....giving you the initial technique and confidence at the offset.

When were taught to drive cars were all told not to cross hands on the wheel....do we still stick to that after ten years of driving buses for the local authority :eek::lol:

A particular style or technique may not suite every individual but what initial training does do is at least takes you from someone who knows little through to someone who can at least make his/her mind up as to which routine best suits them down line.

What this means is that once initial concepts are taught it is only natural that after some usage that the technique gets "adapted" to suit specific individuals style.

Adapting techniques initially taught to suit what suits you best is indeed a good thing..provided of course the end result is also as good :hug:

back, backs of arms, backs of legs....side with arm raised, down side of leg and inside of other leg, then arm down spray front and inside.....other side the same.....front starting at chest, front of legs then the face last.

I was pretty much trained this way and have stuck to it....but company's all have there own technique....my friend who trained a few months ago does it totally different to me....i spray quicker....she sprays finer, but both tans look great in the end and we both use the same amount of solution, so Id say you get your own little routine that you are comfortable with if it works then stick to it! x

i always start at the back.... makes clients get used to you and the tan,,, and if you havent got machine setg its less noticable .... then, as like driving u will adapt to your own style xx;)

we train to only move the clients stance 3 times, i have seen some techniques where they come out of the booth dizzzy :D:D
there is no set pattern with spray tanning just because you do it different doesnt mean your doing it wrong ,
as long as you get an evenly applied tan, in a method your happy with then thats ok
I would however say its got to be top to bottom ( mens hairy legs being the exception to this rule) hth

Latest posts

Back