What to call an anal wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

if this has been done before please may someone point me in the direction of the thread, i have searched but nothing came up.

Firstly what can i call a bum cheek and anal wax on my price list that isn't so obvious, like a hollywood sounds quite nice to my elderly clients (i live in an elderly area) who don't know what it is, but an anal wax sounds crude to me :lol:

Also I am sorting out my new price list for next month and have decided to change a few things. I currently offer a brazilian, hollywood and playboy, this is what i got trained in, brazilian and hollywood everything you can get to from the front (except brazilian leaving a landing strip) and a playboy is everything off the front and then get the client on all fours and wax around the hole, all the way up the crack to the top and cheeks if needed.

Now after reading a few threads on here over the past year i have noticed some people call what i call a playboy a hollywood. Alot of my hollywood clients are happy to have what i do as a hollywood and i always say 'would you like to upgrade to a playboy for X amount' to which they reply no. but should i just offer brazilian and hollywood and then give the option to add an anal wax for X amount to save confusion?

hope this makes sense because i kept changing my mind on what to say, and i have read through it a few times but sometimes i have a dopey few minutes :lol: thank you in advance!

if it were me, I would leave it the way you've got it. Once a client calls in to inquire it is easy enough to explain the difference. That would be way easier than to redo all your price lists and advert.

but if you want to change it, I'm sure more geeks with some ideas will be by soon :)

Been a bloke, not really my area 'excuse the pun'

But how about an 'a' wax

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

if it were me, I would leave it the way you've got it. Once a client calls in to inquire it is easy enough to explain the difference. That would be way easier than to redo all your price lists and advert.

but if you want to change it, I'm sure more geeks with some ideas will be by soon :)

thank you :) i think alot of my clients have a playboy because they like the sound of it too lol. That's what i was also supposed to ask, i had a client for a high rise bikini line wax and she wanted an anal wax too, but because it's not on my price list i didn't no what to do about charging so i just added on an extra few pounds, this is another reason i want an anal wax price, would you do a price for just an anal wax or two prices, one for an anal wax and another for an anal wax when added to a bikini wax?

Personally I would think that a Hollywood is everything off front and back, and a playboy is what you think is a Hollywood. I know there's a lot of confusion and a lot of people don't know what's what.

If a client rings to book just explain where the hair is taken from so they know they are booking in for te correct treatment.

Do you fin people want there bum waxed separately? If not I wouldn't bother having it except for saying your playboy includes all hair removed from front and back. :)

Been a bloke, not really my area 'excuse the pun'

But how about an 'a' wax

well you never know, alot of my clients cringed at the thought of an anal wax, but now they love it! :lol:

oooo i like the sound of that! sounds quite classy for what it is. thank you :) how much should i charge? sorry i'm a question asking machine today!

Personally I would think that a Hollywood is everything off front and back, and a playboy is what you think is a Hollywood. I know there's a lot of confusion and a lot of people don't know what's what.

If a client rings to book just explain where the hair is taken from so they know they are booking in for te correct treatment.

Do you fin people want there bum waxed separately? If not I wouldn't bother having it except for saying your playboy includes all hair removed from front and back. :)

in the 3 years i've been doing it only 2 people have asked for it when having a highrise or basic bikini line and also a lady who was having a full leg tried to tell me her anal was part of her full leg wax... lol... then it's tricky on how to price it, i like to be prepared so i can say 'its on my pricelist, it's X amount' i always think if i make a price up at the top of my head people might think i'm ripping them off :o

thank you :) i think alot of my clients have a playboy because they like the sound of it too lol. That's what i was also supposed to ask, i had a client for a high rise bikini line wax and she wanted an anal wax too, but because it's not on my price list i didn't no what to do about charging so i just added on an extra few pounds, this is another reason i want an anal wax price, would you do a price for just an anal wax or two prices, one for an anal wax and another for an anal wax when added to a bikini wax?

what I do with waxes is have a set price, and then let the client judge how much hair they like removed. So if the want a bikini wax with their bum as well, then charge the playboy and let them decide how much to remove from the front.

for me there are sooooo many ways to do a intimate wax that you could come up with so many names. so that's why I do it this way.
I offer bikini and brazillian. for me the bikini is the traditional wax but I allow them to take everything off the front (except the lips) and brazillian is front and back with however much they want off the front. keeps it easy for me and the client.

in the 3 years i've been doing it only 2 people have asked for it when having a highrise or basic bikini line and also a lady who was having a full leg tried to tell me her anal was part of her full leg wax... lol... then it's tricky on how to price it, i like to be prepared so i can say 'its on my pricelist, it's X amount' i always think if i make a price up at the top of my head people might think i'm ripping them off :o

Yeah I can understand that! And tbh people might want it just not ask and assume people don't do it separately if it's not on a price list. I'dwork out how much time it takes you to do compared to doing a playboy and go for a price like that.

I also think the 'a' wax is a good name, assuming people understand what it is standing for! Lol

It does get confusing but I would take a brazillian to be everything except a strip right the way through form a landing strip including a strip through the lips and round the backside removing all hair outside of the strip.

A hollywood is everything although I do have some clients requesting a hollywood but to leave a strip at the top. So this is everything from the backside and just leaving a strip. I still charge for a hollywood.

what I do with waxes is have a set price, and then let the client judge how much hair they like removed. So if the want a bikini wax with their bum as well, then charge the playboy and let them decide how much to remove from the front.

for me there are sooooo many ways to do a intimate wax that you could come up with so many names. so that's why I do it this way.
I offer bikini and brazillian. for me the bikini is the traditional wax but I allow them to take everything off the front (except the lips) and brazillian is front and back with however much they want off the front. keeps it easy for me and the client.

ooo thats a good idea, suppose i've left it abit late to change it that much without giving my clients a headache, wish i'd thought of that before! :D

Yeah I can understand that! And tbh people might want it just not ask and assume people don't do it separately if it's not on a price list. I'dwork out how much time it takes you to do compared to doing a playboy and go for a price like that.

I also think the 'a' wax is a good name, assuming people understand what it is standing for! Lol

every 6months when i change my pricelist i end up adding another wierd wax to it because someones asked about it or i'll be doing a wax and someone will say 'ooo can you just get this bit of hair here..' and then i find it hard to think of a price, along with the A wax i will be adding 'the garden path' wax as this is my most popular wax at the moment, and i don't mind doing it if people are having a bikini wax because i think of it as being part of it, but i have people have an upper lip wax say to me 'ooo can you just get around my belly button (which is actually around their belly button and down to their pants), and i think ok but i'm using the same amount of wax as a lip wax and charging you nothing...

U implying that i need an 'a' wax lol. U would have to pay me!

well you never know, alot of my clients cringed at the thought of an anal wax, but now they love it! :lol:

oooo i like the sound of that! sounds quite classy for what it is. thank you :) how much should i charge? sorry i'm a question asking machine today!

Buttock cheeks and buttock crack... ;)

If you feel nosey have a look on my webpage - I'd describe all my wax treatments so there is no confusion :)

It does get confusing but I would take a brazillian to be everything except a strip right the way through form a landing strip including a strip through the lips and round the backside removing all hair outside of the strip.

A hollywood is everything although I do have some clients requesting a hollywood but to leave a strip at the top. So this is everything from the backside and just leaving a strip. I still charge for a hollywood.

this is what my friend who is a beautician got taught, yet my other friend got taught something else and my beautician is different to both of them, and then i'm different again, i suppose it's different areas and training places but it would be so much easier if it was all the same :lol:

U implying that i need an 'a' wax lol. U would have to pay me!

haha well you never know whats lurking, my dad always says he'd rather stick pins in his eyes than ever have anything waxed! this was after i attempted a back and chest wax for his birthday :lol:

Buttock cheeks and buttock crack... ;)

If you feel nosey have a look on my webpage - I'd describe all my wax treatments so there is no confusion :)

ooo thank you, i'll have a nosey!!! i think i need to put a better description on my website :D

every 6months when i change my pricelist i end up adding another wierd wax to it because someones asked about it or i'll be doing a wax and someone will say 'ooo can you just get this bit of hair here..' and then i find it hard to think of a price, along with the A wax i will be adding 'the garden path' wax as this is my most popular wax at the moment, and i don't mind doing it if people are having a bikini wax because i think of it as being part of it, but i have people have an upper lip wax say to me 'ooo can you just get around my belly button (which is actually around their belly button and down to their pants), and i think ok but i'm using the same amount of wax as a lip wax and charging you nothing...

you could charge $5(or pound equivalent) for every "add on". then once they get to a certain charge you could say the "blank" wax I offer would be better suited to you since it includes most of what you're asking for and would be cheaper for you than to keep adding on here and there. Or something like that.

I had a good nose on here before deciding on what treatment would be what and this seems to be the most common but as youve said everywhere is different.

I am a beauty therapist and I was taught differently too.

you could charge $5(or pound equivalent) for every "add on". then once they get to a certain charge you could say the "blank" wax I offer would be better suited to you since it includes most of what you're asking for and would be cheaper for you than to keep adding on here and there. Or something like that.

hmmm good thinking! i'm writing notes in my pad because i always forget and then i end up having to search through a million pages of my comments :lol:

I had a good nose on here before deciding on what treatment would be what and this seems to be the most common but as youve said everywhere is different.

I am a beauty therapist and I was taught differently too.

i really wish i'd known about this site when i first started, it would of saved me alot of hassle and most importantly money :lol: it's nice being able to read everyone elses mistakes and not having to make them for yourself :D

:eek: How about a "Jacksy Waxy"?

How about a calcutter? As in black hole of... ;)

Latest posts

Back