What was the silliest thing you've done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said this one before but still makes me chuckle. We moved house to the other side of town. Having had a rather long day in the office I couldn't wait to get home. .. pulled straight into the drive. . Got out. ..put my key in the lock but couldn't turn the key. . Opened the side gate walked into the back garden tried to get in the patio doors but couldn't. .. looked through the window then thought. .' Who's made that mess? '... oh. .. 'That's not my furniture'.... . I ran back to the car and drove off the drive at 90 miles an hour... yep I was trying to break into my old house. ..doh.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bet you felt really bad. I would have if I did that. It was a mistake tho

Not really, i was more upset that my day at Blackpool got ruined.

Just last week I'd left the house on my way to work and realised I'd forgotten to put any knickers on!!! Yep I had to work all day with a sweaty arse and didn't have a minute to run back home 😳 the shame x

Last edited:
Virtues post reminds me of when I was at college and sharing a room in digs. I arrived back, with my room-mate, late at night. She vaulted over the locked gate - show-off - and I climbed over. We put the key in the door and walked through the kitchen, which looked strangely unfamiliar.:confused: Yep, this was back in the day when keys could fit more than one door........we ran out and vaulted/ climbed over the gate again, and slunk into the identical bungalow next door.

Another time I was in the body shop and looked at the display which was a little old lady with a wicker basket (did not realise she was on a scooter) and I starting touching her saying oh how cute! It was not the display it was a granny I was so mortified I ran out the shop and just didn't look back!! X

When I was about 8 I got a plaster of paris crafty set for Xmas and made awful little ornaments for my entire family. One day, I was tidying up and I knocked the packet of plaster over the carpet. Being the good little girl I was I decided to clean it up myself...with water...which promptly set the plaster into the carpet 😳

Oh and when I was Mary in the nativity play I forgot to pick the baby up...understandably a pivotal part of my role...I can't for the life of me think why I only made narrator every year after that!

We returned from honeymoon. realised we had forgotton to take the house keys with us (not used to owning a house) the small toilet window was slightly open ! so my oh fed me through head first through the window !! :lol:

I was in Brussels with my friend one weekend. After getting hideously drunk one night, I decided that I was going to sleep on the floor as my knee was playing up. To stop it hurting I'd tied a T-shirt round my knee, fell asleep fully clothed and make uped and went to sleep in between the bedroom door and front door. Next thing, I heard an alarm repeatedly going off, so I shot up, looking an absolute fright, opened the door, yelled to my friend to "turn the bloody alarm off" only to suddenly focus and realise I was yelling at a family of four leaving their hotel room... Note to self: pay attention and open the bedroom door, not the front door!

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

I've said this one before but still makes me chuckle. We moved house to the other side of town. Having had a rather long day in the office I couldn't wait to get home. .. pulled straight into the drive. . Got out. ..put my key in the lock but couldn't turn the key. . Opened the side gate walked into the back garden tried to get in the patio doors but couldn't. .. looked through the window then thought. .' Who's made that mess? '... oh. .. 'That's not my furniture'.... . I ran back to the car and drove off the drive at 90 miles an hour... yep I was trying to break into my old house. ..doh.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Brilliant 😂 xx

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

I also dropped a full pot noodle on my parents 4 hour old carpet, to hide it from them, I tried hoovering it up! Pot Noddles were forbidden in their house after that, especially as I did the same thing twice to their previous carpet!

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

I was minxing my toes casually watching tv. The lamp was too far away n it was annoying leaning back n forth so I swang it round next to me on the arm of the chair. I was chuffed as it was perfect. My friend said why do I smell smoke... Your minx is smoking. Looked over n it was smoking, burnt through to the couch n crinkled up my minx packet. My mum was not happy!

A few weeks ago I drove straight into my garage door! I'm still not really sure what happened, it's an automatic car and sort of lurched forward and I slammed my foot on the accelerator! I wrecked the front of the car I was driving, wrecked the garage door and even worse, wrecked my gorgeous convertible which was parked in the garage, uninsured, waiting to be sold! It got pushed to the back of the garage (the handbrake wasn't on to stop it sticking) and ploughed into all the stuff we had stored at the back, including a massive armchair. I was mortified! I was dreading my husband seeing the carnage but he just laughed.
It cost £1000 to get the garage door fixed (and that was the cheapest!) and the other 2 cars still aren't fixed.......oops! :eek:

The silliest thing I ever did was get married. And then pregnant......twice!!! What an idiot.

When I was about 21 I was trying to impress a guy. We (gang of friends) were all at his house and when I went to the toilet I left with the loo roll stuck in my pants unravelling all the way back to the lounge room. Strangely enough I never managed to "get" that guy. :eek:

During my high school years...

Sat down to dinner with the whole family and opened my can of Coke that I had put into the freezer earlier in the day. The whole room, including the ceiling and everyone's plates covered in Coke.

Used the cooker to light a fag after freshly spraying my 80's style fringe with hairspray. It stank!

Decided one evening that I was going to give myself tramlines in my hair on both sides. They actually turned out ok, but the following day I decided the hair within them should be shorter. Well things just escalated from there and I ended up bald on each side.

A few years ago I was at home and couldn't find my mobile phone so of course I rang it from the house phone, then as I heard my mobile ring I had somehow forgotten that I was ringing it myself and sprinted around the house trying to find it to answer this call..

It was only when I answered it I realised I was ringing myself and then racing to catch my own call..from me. Oh the shame.

The silliest thing I ever did was get married. And then pregnant......twice!!! What an idiot.

When I was about 21 I was trying to impress a guy. We (gang of friends) were all at his house and when I went to the toilet I left with the loo roll stuck in my pants unravelling all the way back to the lounge room. Strangely enough I never managed to "get" that guy. :eek:

I'm pissing myself! Right funny! Hahahahaha

A few years ago I was at home and couldn't find my mobile phone so of course I rang it from the house phone, then as I heard my mobile ring I had somehow forgotten that I was ringing it myself and sprinted around the house trying to find it to answer this call..

It was only when I answered it I realised I was ringing myself and then racing to catch my own call..from me. Oh the shame.

I do this at least once every six weeks or so. I think it might be a client and panic I'm going to miss it. Duh!!

Husband and I are meant to be on a diet. He had to go out to a meeting tonight so I nipped into the kitchen and shoved three of the builders bourbons into my mouth. Argh he got the time wrong and came back through the door! Caught in the act!!!

FBI I bought an adult toy for a mate getting married. A joke for her hen night.
Anyways, the hotel had a fire alarm go off and I abandoned everything and forgot the 'toy' in my hurry to pack up and go home when we were allowed back in. The coach was waiting. I decided to call the next day and ask for them to post it on to me (I'm tight, I'd paid for it!) and the woman on the end of the phone couldn't speak much English. What a panic when she put the word out to the management that I'd left a live bloody rabbit in their hotel room!!
The manager called me and I had to explain that it wasn't a live animal. I was mortified. Still dining out on that one 15 years later :)

Last edited:
Got back from a night out and decided to make my friend and I coffee. Spilt the whole pot of dried coffee. We thought we had got it all cleaned up untill we came down in the morning to my ex husband on his hands and knees, wearing his marigolds in what looked like a a scene from the human centipede 2

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back