Ghosts in my house

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mum was a non believer until my step dad's mum passed away.

This is a bit sensitive, so I really hope it does not offend anyone, and I will apologize in advance if it does.

My step nan died of breast cancer, and cancer has a certain smell to it, well my step nan smelt of this and after she died, about a week later, my brother came out of lounge to tell my mum there was a horrible smell in there. My mum walked in and I was behind her and we could smell the unmistakable cancer smell that step nan had, this was followed within a minute with an over powering scent of roses and then it would go back to the smell of cancer and then roses again.

This went on for over an hour, long enough for my stepdad to call his family to our house to witness this smell and also the scent of roses. after approx an hour it stopped and we never smelt it again.

I believe that it was my step nan coming to say goodbye and also to thank my mum who nursed her while she was ill.

Yes there is. Of course they don't exist!

I appreciate that people have their own beliefs, which is great. There are plenty of things I don't believe in but others do. Fair enough, each to their own. But I'm quite sure that there is no scientific proof that ghosts/spirits don't exist, just as there is no evidence that aliens/angels/ufos/god/etc don't exist.

I love this kind of stuff too. There are always the sceptics, the ones that don't believe but please remember that a lot of people DO believe. It can almost be a comfort to them to believe that there is an afterlife, even if it can be a little scary and un-nerving sometimes. So please don't be so adamant that spirits categorically DON'T exist, these are someone's beliefs for whatever reason and that should be respected just like we would all respect the fact you don't :hug:

I do believe and have had numerous experiences. Quite a few when my son was a baby and he would stare into one corner of the room and laugh his head off (he was only 3 months old) or his car seat rocking itself when he was on a flat surface in it fast asleep and not moving so I knew it wasn't him, lots of things like that. I was freaked out and scared at first but then told myself that it was probably my maternal grandmother just looking after him and entertaining him and that made me feel happier about it.

I have heard footsteps in my current house too. We recently found out that an old man died here some time ago. But I'm not scared, he was a lovely man apparently so I'm fine with that xx

I love these stories but I should of read this during day light!! I'm alone at home and the only light on is in the room i'm in and the rest of the apartment is dark i'm scared :Scared: I'm going to watch some Greys Anatomy or something similar and come back to this thread in the morning in broad daylight :)

Yes there is. Of course they don't exist!

Well I certainly haven't made all this up and if you could explain how I Hurd a lady saying my daughters name over the monitor and hushing her back to sleep I would love to hear your theory on this.;)

I'm not scared and I don't mined it but it's been going on for quite a few years and I I think it's time for a bit of normal lol.plus as I do reasurch this quite often I know that when there this side it means they haven't crossed over and I think they need to cross over imagine being them and being stuck here not being able to speak to anyone rather than being somewhere where your all in tue same boat if you know what I mean:lol: I think they need to go to where they need to go xx

I know they exist as I've seen evidence.
From my experiences I would say it's been a very calm, matter of fact experience, so if anyone is fearful try not to be.
It's entirely OK not to believe; I think sometimes it's more comfortable to deny things, but I cannot do that, and wouldn't want to x

I know they exist as I've seen evidence.
From my experiences I would say it's been a very calm, matter of fact experience, so if anyone is fearful try not to be.
It's entirely OK not to believe; I think sometimes it's more comfortable to deny things, but I cannot do that, and wouldn't want to x

Same as me I have my evidence to and I cannot do that either and I know when I go I'm still around if you know my meaning and I love to know my sons around to very comforting for me to know that it has helped me a great deal in my healing process when it happened xx

I love these stories but I should of read this during day light!! I'm alone at home and the only light on is in the room i'm in and the rest of the apartment is dark i'm scared :Scared: I'm going to watch some Greys Anatomy or something similar and come back to this thread in the morning in broad daylight :)

It scared me reading in broad daylight :o lol x

My great aunts a medium and the first thing she said the first time she set foot in our flat was "aunt marion will keep an.eye on you" - turns out my great uncles aunt lived in the same flat! She keeps relatively quiet tho :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I've just stumbled across this thread and I'm fascinated. My Mum went to a medium when her mother was ill and the medium said her troubles would be over by Christmas. My Nan died shortly before Christmas.

Some friends of ours live in a really old house on the old Bath Road and the Mum used to tell us tales of their ghost that lived in the front spare room. It was always really cold in there even when the heating was on full blast. B, their daughter was ill one night and had come into her parents room saying Mummy, Daddy, there's a lady in my room. Dad would take her back to bed and settle her down and she'd drop off again. This happened a few times so Dad took her downstairs and settled down on the sofa with her head in his lap. When she'd dropped off to sleep, he thought about moving her back up to bed and noticed the sofa cushions next to him move as if someone had just got up from that seat, they rose....then, B's fringe was swept back from over her face and tucked behind her ear. By this time, Dad (big welsh rugby player) was beside himself and put B back to bed and told Mum all about it who snorted at him.

About half an hour later, B came back in shouting that there was a lady in her room so Dad took her back to her room and said, "now then lady, please don't disturb B again, she needs to sleep". He sat with B until she dropped off again. When he got back into bed, there was a lady standing at the bottom of their bed!!. He kicked Mum to alert her and said "what are you doing here" She said "we're looking out for her when she is poorly and we're sorry, we didn't know she could see us, we'll go now". They then recalled other times when B had been poorly and strange things had happened but they had dismissed it as them being tired, B having a high temperature etc, but all the time, she was being looked after.

After that, we stayed in that front spare room and I didn't sleep a wink all night. The fireplace grate was noisy, the windows creaked, and my overactive imagination was on overtime.

I've just stumbled across this thread and I'm fascinated. My Mum went to a medium when her mother was ill and the medium said her troubles would be over by Christmas. My Nan died shortly before Christmas.

Some friends of ours live in a really old house on the old Bath Road and the Mum used to tell us tales of their ghost that lived in the front spare room. It was always really cold in there even when the heating was on full blast. B, their daughter was ill one night and had come into her parents room saying Mummy, Daddy, there's a lady in my room. Dad would take her back to bed and settle her down and she'd drop off again. This happened a few times so Dad took her downstairs and settled down on the sofa with her head in his lap. When she'd dropped off to sleep, he thought about moving her back up to bed and noticed the sofa cushions next to him move as if someone had just got up from that seat, they rose....then, B's fringe was swept back from over her face and tucked behind her ear. By this time, Dad (big welsh rugby player) was beside himself and put B back to bed and told Mum all about it who snorted at him.

About half an hour later, B came back in shouting that there was a lady in her room so Dad took her back to her room and said, "now then lady, please don't disturb B again, she needs to sleep". He sat with B until she dropped off again. When he got back into bed, there was a lady standing at the bottom of their bed!!. He kicked Mum to alert her and said "what are you doing here" She said "we're looking out for her when she is poorly and we're sorry, we didn't know she could see us, we'll go now". They then recalled other times when B had been poorly and strange things had happened but they had dismissed it as them being tired, B having a high temperature etc, but all the time, she was being looked after.

After that, we stayed in that front spare room and I didn't sleep a wink all night. The fireplace grate was noisy, the windows creaked, and my overactive imagination was on overtime.

Am literally covered in goosebumps and it also made me a bit teary (in a good way) so lovely they were looking after her. Love this stuff!! :biggrin:

My family home is a large, grade 2 listed hall and the original house is over 800 years old, James 1st used to stop there on his way to London as a resting stop.

Anyway we've had A LOT of ghostly happenings and sightings in that house and still do all the time.
I used to share a bedroom with my older sister and our chest of drawers always used to be pulled open and onto the floor, would happen every month or so, the bedroom light would start rocking side to side quickly then just stop dead still, kitchen chairs move, footsteps everywhere, footsteps coming towards you then would stop right in front of you and could feel a temperature change the list is endless.

The only real thing i have seen was when i was Sat in a beanbag in the hall with the lights off, a bright ball of light about waist height slowly came down the stairs, i was terrified and frozen still, it swung round the banister rail and launched at the bean bag and i could feel the force hit it and make a loud noise! A lot of old spirits that are trapped in the 800 year old house walls and wanting to show themselves.

We've lost a lot of family members, young and old and after their death we have always been able to smell their perfume or aftershave walk past us at my Grandma's house which is also a hall and very old, but where our very large family would always meet. Nice to know they are still with us though.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I love things like this although they freak me out!

I honestly think certain people can attract these spirits/energys whatever you want to call them. Whilst growing up wherever we lived strange things would happen tvs turning off lights turning off, when I went to live on my own nothing like that has ever happened since but when I go to visit my mum her house freaks me out and it is brand new! So I think things follow her around.

I grew up in a 15 century house, We moved in when I was 5 and just a couple of montHs after we moved in I remember, as clear as its yesterday, shouting for my mum because there was a man floating at the end of my bed, mum came in and I described the man as wearing a hat that was tall, a long coat that had a split at the back and a stick with a silver bit on the top, my mum asked people in the village and she found out the the house was at one time the work house and the master used to wear a top hat and tails and had a silver topped cane !

In the same house but up the other set of stairs my dad uncovered a secret little room that had been blocked off, it had a tiny little oak door, inside they found an old wedding dress, twice after that door was opened my brother had a visit from an old lady, the first time he nearly had to be pealed of the ceiling but the next time he just looked at her she smiled then just disappeared.

I loved reading this post,very interesting.
We have had quite a few things happen we cant explain
cold blasts and i mean cold like you have never felt before,hard to explain
Last week the tv turned itself on and off again and i was stood looking at the remote control as it did this so nobody was pressing it
my son has seen the back of something passing the stairs and orbs
I am sick of looking for items that mysteriously dissappear when i know they were definatly in a certain place,then sometimes you relook and they are there where you already looked.
cutlery moved into different compartments in the drawer.
packed lunch sandwiches being switched round when i had double checked which ones where which
A previous poster made me giggle about her dog barking my dog is forever barking at nothing it really makes me jump and i go crazy lol

i am not a loony lol and try to look for the most obvious reason first
there are definately things in this world you cant explain.
like someone else said on here,its not scary we take it in our stride or say oh its my mum who died 2yrs ago.

I didn't believe in them until I lived in our old house, was big and hundreds of years old on top of a hill! Loads of unexplainable things happened, it started off slow but increased to a daily basis. I would never be there alone, stayed out until I knew family would be home because it was always worse when you were there by yourself. I felt like i was being watched a lot of the time, always got the hairs standing up on the back of my neck. Lights went on and off, things always got unplugged, cushions got re-arranged to size/colour order whenever we'd left it "wrong" (and we thought it was each other doing it for a long time until it was brought up in conversation!)
Curtains opened and shut, doors slammed (horrible!), and the worst thing for me was hearing footsteps. You always heard them walking along the hallway upstairs, and coming down the stairs, a really slow and heavy walk - the study was behind the stairs and I remember being terrified to leave the room because i thought there would be someone there waiting for me!! Sometimes you'd hear running and it would suddenly stop, that really freaked me out. As time went on it got more and more extreme, i'm sure we had a pervy ghost there because whenever I was in the bath (which faced the door), the door knob used to turn really slowly, and nobody would ever be there - never left that unlocked! I also had my duvet pulled off me in the night, and my little brother and sister used to wake up crying like mad in the middle of the night and I honestly think the same thing was happening to them, when we moved they never woke during the night again. Both me and my mum saw "people" there (we both saw a man, she saw a maid too), but never admitted it until very recently because neither of us wanted to be accused of being weird and imagining things!
Sometimes it felt creepy, horrible, you felt cold and like you really didn't want to be there - but other times it was almost comforting, so hard to explain. I think there were friendly spirits and less friendly ones! We were only renting so could only stay there for a year, but although it was ridiculously creepy I got so attached to that house, would move back in a heartbeat if i had the chance, despite being scared most of the time!
I could go on forever with stories of weird things that happened but will leave it at that before i go to bed haha x

Just read through this thread again, I should know better at this time, I'm too scared to move! Haha

Like i said previously I'm convinced that something follows my mum. She never feels settled in any house, and she moved again this week for the 6th time in 10 years. I was helping her on her last day in the house, and we were taking her bed down from the top floor that used to be the attic. She'd been hoovering, took the end nozzle off and put it beside her. Literally ten minutes later went to put it back on and it was nowhere to be seen. Theres a little door type thing/square piece of wood in one of the walls and it fell off and thudded against the floor, propped it back up and It happened again once we'd got down the stairs. We wouldn't dare even look inside Incase we found the nozzle lol So she moved without it, didn't find it anywhere.

In her previous house she came home from work to find my little brother sat in the garden. He'd been watching tv and heard footsteps above him in my mums bedroom. (detached house so no neighbours to blame it on) my mum Told me she'd also heard them, but didn't tell my brother.

Too much has happened for me not to believe xxx

I am a big believerrr!! Ive never experienced anything myself though, thank god, I think i'd cack myself lol. My mums friend is a Medium and has had things like this all her life, communicating with spirits etc so after a reading from her i was amazed at the spirit life. She has written a book about her childhood and adultlife as a medium and some of the stories are incredible.

My mom's pretty superstitious. In our culture, everytime we move house, we have to invite monks over to bless the home. It's a cultural belief that there's always a spirit in the house that watches over the place. If they're not acknowledged they act up. I once asked my mom why it doesn't spook her. She said "if they know you're scared of them, they'll keep messing with you!" Sometimes, when she hears strange noises she'll say "hey stop trying to scare me! How about you make yourself useful and give me the lotto number so we can move into a bigger place? " :lol:

Latest posts

Back