Ghosts in my house

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mum has had lots of things happen to her when she was younger her and my dad had a really old cottage she absolutely loved but never felt settled, her little dog would never leave her side and press herself against her. My dad used to work away a lot and she used to feel really scared but not know why, she even tied skipping ropes to the windows thinking it was because she was scared of people coming in. She realised it was inside the house itself.
Along the long corridor upstairs she said u could always feel something watching you. In the mornings they would go down stairs an smell cigars when neither smoked. They both woke once to the sound of an organ playing in the bedroom! During that time in the cottage my mum had three miscarriages, throughout this time she visited an old lady who was a psychic, the woman knew each time she was pregnant when only my mum knew and would know when she miscarried, she told her should wouldn't have a baby until she left that house as something in there didnt want her there! As soon as she left she had my brother. She would dream of a man dressed all in black and when her nephew of three came round would scream that a man was standing up the stairs. My mum still creeps me out when we talk about it!!

Yes there is. Of course they don't exist!
I love to hear both sides of view. Can you explain to us how you know that they don't exist and why they couldn't exist?

Just re-reading this thread, as it's so interesting.

The pre-dominant feeling that people seem to have is one of fear, but when I've had experiences in our very old house I've felt entirely comfortable with them. I don't know why this would be.

The thread has also brought to mind an old memory of my father seeing "people" standing at the bottom of his hospital bed, shortly before he died. I'd forgotten about this.

I had several contacts with the souls of dead friends and people I knew. Also it happened to me to have unknown souls coming and talking to me. I am not mad :)

Few times I had to call an exorcist who sent the lost souls back "home"

When they talk I reply, when I catch a glimpse of them I just ignore. I usually get annoyed by those intrusive ones whose presence I feel too much.

I have seen the death in people's eyes and trust me- death angels do exist. And there is nothing bad about them.

X

I had several contacts with the souls of dead friends and people I knew. Also it happened to me to have unknown souls coming and talking to me. I am not mad :)

When they talk I reply, when I catch a glimpse of them I just ignore. I usually get annoyed by those intrusive ones whose presence I feel too much.

I have seen the death in people's eyes and trust me- death angels do exist. And there is nothing bad about them.

X

I agree totally with the death angel thing I truly believe they come to you.A very close family friends wife of our family had terminal cancer and she had days to live,she told her husband that an angel had come to her and it was a sighn she was going to die the angel was holding my son who had passed.

She wrote a letter to me that night saying that I should pit a teddy in with her and she would make sure he got it.

I went to the funeral directors when she had passed and went and pit a teddy in with her.xx

Crystal Colleen your story is heart breaking! So so sad xxxxxx Thank you for sharingx

Last edited:
How lucky 4 some of u 2 be visited by loved 1's :) As long as these spirits are friendly and purely mischievous without causing harm or upset to you or your family I think it's a privilege 2 have these experiences. I'm a huge believer but like many others I would b sooooo scared if anything happened 2 me. My son use to say he had a friend called Maggie in his room. I use to think
It was an imaginary friend until he use 2 say he didnt like her and then I thought to myself - what 2yr old has a friend with a name like Maggie?!! He doesn't speak of her these days though.

Ghosts/spirits HAVE 2 b true! This topic proves the amount of people who have experiences so why would they lie when it comes to family or lost loved 1's? I do think programmes such as 'Most Haunted' are a load of tosh sometimes but these posts are Real Life not Tv!!

God bless you all and good luck :)

X

Crystal Colleen your story is heart breaking!
So so sad xxxxxx Thank you for sharingx
Ahh that's ok it's nice to know my sons about mined you he tends to move things in our house and when I say out loud sunny put my hair Clip back or face creams and so on they will turn up and turn up in different rooms lol.

We also have a little gal that goes bump in the night lol she was playing silly buggers the other day turning on light switches and running around lol.

Thank you for your reply xxxxx I hope my boy got his teddy well actually I know he got his teddy.

Last edited:
This thread is great, thanks to everyone sharing their stories x

Great thread...

I've actually been haunted all my life!

Turns out its not the houses, it's me.

Earliest memories is 5ish, I was always a sick child. Plenty of high temperatures and no explanation.

Used to hallucinate a lot, to this day, I swear I was stroking a Siberian Tiger cub on my bed but dad walked in and saw me stroking air!

I could tell you all tales that'd bend your bones.

Watch this space...

Thank you for your reply xxxxx I hope my boy got his teddy well actually I know he got his teddy.

Oh surely he must have got it! I think it is a relief knowing that he's still there in spirit with you and he's a playful little chap xxxxxx

Great thread...

Earliest memories is 5ish, I was always a sick child. Plenty of high temperatures and no explanation.

Used to hallucinate a lot, to this day, I swear I was stroking a Siberian Tiger cub on my bed but dad walked in and saw me stroking air!

Watch this space...

Helen, I'm always happy to hear your stories x

Great thread...

Watch this space...

Tell us more!!

My daughter always has orbs around her in pictures even ones taken outside.
When she was 3 she used to play with her imaginary friends, who she said were peter pan, tinkabell, Harry potter ect then she was playing with Amy, when I asked who Amy was she said "Amy's dead & lives in heaven"
Then one day she was having a tea party with Amy & spent ages getting the empty chair in the right place & set up her toy ironing board as a table. She looked so sweet I took a pic of it & later when I uploaded it I saw above the empty chair!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329904724.697345.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329904724.697345.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 146
In ma old house when i first got a cassete player i only had 1 casseste that id always listen to for months, one day i was listenin to a song and midway it stopped, then from the casseste i heard howling wind, i can hear leaves blowing around really fast and a little boy, he was asking for help saying he was stuck in the shed and was really cold. Then it stopped and the song carried on playing. For days i listened to that casseste i never heard anythin else. The song that stopped midway played fully to. My sister was little and was always scared in her room so we swapped, once i woke up and found a women on top of me, she had long black wavy hair and was in white, she actually had her hands around my throat, now not on my neck i felt her hands further in, i couldnt breathe properly or shout for my mum o dad. Then she disappeared. And then some nights later, dont know if it was weeks or months i woke up to find a little boy stood by my bed and a women behind him with her hand on his shoulder. My brother had one experience of a women coming into his room at night, he assumed it was my mum but it wasnt, he had the attic so a women walked up to the top of the stairs n stood there. And also once he was in the shower and something started to touch him and he blacked out. (must have fancied him) in my grandmas house when my mum was newly married my dad would be at work and my mum would wake up and there was a women sat on her bed, it took my mum a lot to get out of the room, sometimes my mum would be downstairs and look up the stairs (as you would do as you just walk past to another room) the same women would be there looking over the bannister at my mum (thats really scary for me, id die) sometimes she would sit on the stairs and a few times a women would be at the bottom of the stairs in a wheelchair. My mum is scared of wheelchairs now. In our last house my daughter was playing on our bed (i had a habit of sleeping with blinds and curtains open) she jamp on my lap with her back to the window and was really scared, i had never seen her so scared. I contacted someone and apparently something/somebody was passing by the window, saw my daughter playing and came up to the window because they wanted to play with her and found my daughter sweet.
Sorry for blabbing on!
Sent from my HTC Legend using SalonGeek

Oooh gone all goose pimply...

I'm going to do a ghost blog later this evening, way too long to post on here x

Oh no I always forget to read blogs! Haha.

But spoken words your stories are SCARY! I would freak. X

My daughter always has orbs around her in pictures even ones taken outside.
When she was 3 she used to play with her imaginary friends, who she said were peter pan, tinkabell, Harry potter ect then she was playing with Amy, when I asked who Amy was she said "Amy's dead & lives in heaven"
Then one day she was having a tea party with Amy & spent ages getting the empty chair in the right place & set up her toy ironing board as a table. She looked so sweet I took a pic of it & later when I uploaded it I saw above the empty chair!!

In ma old house when i first got a cassete player i only had 1 casseste that id always listen to for months, one day i was listenin to a song and midway it stopped, then from the casseste i heard howling wind, i can hear leaves blowing around really fast and a little boy, he was asking for help saying he was stuck in the shed and was really cold. Then it stopped and the song carried on playing. For days i listened to that casseste i never heard anythin else. The song that stopped midway played fully to. My sister was little and was always scared in her room so we swapped, once i woke up and found a women on top of me, she had long black wavy hair and was in white, she actually had her hands around my throat, now not on my neck i felt her hands further in, i couldnt breathe properly or shout for my mum o dad. Then she disappeared. And then some nights later, dont know if it was weeks or months i woke up to find a little boy stood by my bed and a women behind him with her hand on his shoulder. My brother had one experience of a women coming into his room at night, he assumed it was my mum but it wasnt, he had the attic so a women walked up to the top of the stairs n stood there. And also once he was in the shower and something started to touch him and he blacked out. (must have fancied him) in my grandmas house when my mum was newly married my dad would be at work and my mum would wake up and there was a women sat on her bed, it took my mum a lot to get out of the room, sometimes my mum would be downstairs and look up the stairs (as you would do as you just walk past to another room) the same women would be there looking over the bannister at my mum (thats really scary for me, id die) sometimes she would sit on the stairs and a few times a women would be at the bottom of the stairs in a wheelchair. My mum is scared of wheelchairs now. In our last house my daughter was playing on our bed (i had a habit of sleeping with blinds and curtains open) she jamp on my lap with her back to the window and was really scared, i had never seen her so scared. I contacted someone and apparently something/somebody was passing by the window, saw my daughter playing and came up to the window because they wanted to play with her and found my daughter sweet.
Sorry for blabbing on!
Sent from my HTC Legend using SalonGeek

I've just read lucyboo's story and the first pharagraph of spoken-words post and I had to stop... I'm on my own in the house and nearly jumped a mile when my phone beeped... don't think I'll be reading any more of these posts!

I'm such a chicken!! :Scared:

I am realy interested in all of your stories and im half and half as to what i believe. I would like to share some scientific reasons why people do not believe in ghosts. When there is a constant vibration going through the brain eg. A fan, cars driving past, sat in a car for a while then getting out etc it is scientificaly proven that it stimulates your brain to see object still or moving that are not actualy there. Dejavu is actualy a moment that goes through your brain and flips going through again if a person is tired or working making u think u have experienced this before.
I dont know any to explain why people see people at the bottom of their bed and stuff and i would love to know more info as i have never had an experience with anything.
I used to feel scared in my old house that was old and big, once when i was ill (aged about 8 and was always scared of bed time) i couldnt take my eyes off something moving my door but i honestly now believe it was just my eyes. And i think i was always scared coz my sister would tel me ghost stories not because the house was haunted.

What we've experienced is the usual thing of noises, the feeling of a presence etc, which I realise could be construed as fanciful, but more specifically:

Spinning of bottles and spoons on the kitchen worktops.
Tugging of trouser legs....both the sensation and actually seeing the material move.
We, (hubby and myself) had experienced this separately but didn't admit it to each other till months later.

We are both very matter of fact about it. There is no fear involved. We've guessed that the presence is either a child or maybe a dog? The spinning suggests a child, though.

Latest posts

Back