what waxing products do you use??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all just after a bit of feedback,

Could you tells me, what kind of wax you use? (honey, creme, tea tree etc etc) and the brand if you like and more importantly WHY you have found this to be the best.

Also...fabric strips or paper strips whats your preference? any why?

Thanks peeps in advance:hug:

amb xx

Well - it is tea tree creme for me, brand doesnt matter. paper strips as I cannot get on with the fabric ones for love nor money - they just flap about too much!

tea tree for me too i use phd system but when i used pot it was tea tree as well i prefer paper strips but on sensitive skin(facial areas) i think the fabric is better

I use tea tree creme wax by australian bodycare.

I prefer this wax as i find it easier to apply and glides onto the skin at a lower temperature then when i used a honey gel type wax. I have also noticed that clients don't get as much redness and they have commented that they prefer the tea tree wax to. I also have quite a lot of interest in the retail products due to the waxing,

I have the tube system as i find this easier to use and don't get as much wastage as i did from the pot (that was probably down to my technique though lol) imo its easier to clean.

I use paper wax strips as like oey i found the fabric ones flap about to much.

I guess its down to personal preference my friend uses the pot, honey wax & fabric strips i hate it & she hates my system to ! :lol:

well i've just switched over to water soluble wax, since spilling my pot for the second time and having a monstrous smelly job trying to clean it off the floor with solvents.
i can see no difference in the performance to the regular honey wax i used before. as for clean up, i havent spilled it yet, but i'm sure it wont be long:rolleyes:

paper strips for me.

well i've just switched over to water soluble wax, since spilling my pot for the second time and having a monstrous smelly job trying to clean it off the floor with solvents.
i can see no difference in the performance to the regular honey wax i used before. as for clean up, i havent spilled it yet, but i'm sure it wont be long:rolleyes:

paper strips for me.

what make is that then?

i use hive honey and pink creme wax, might try the water soluble one though it sounds good

I use the clean and easy system, I do not like the clean and easy wax, so I buy the cartons of wax by salonsystems, just wax and its the honey wax. This is so easy I just melt the wax in the micro wave and then pour from the carton into the containers. I also use paper stripes can not get on with the fabric.

wow loads of differences !!

thanks girls keep em coming.

I cant get on with the fabric strips either - but recently bought some 'cheap' paper ones and they are REALLY PANTS.

I tend to use 'cream' wax , i have tried the honey wax.....now im going to have to try out the tea tree wax!

Is there a reason peeps dont tend to use much 'honey wax'?

amb xxx

Our salon uses tea tree cream, french lavender cream, basic honey, and we're just in the process of looking for a good quality chocolate cream to add to our range! Not all of these waxes are the same brand, as we like to try many different waxes out then decide which we like best and which gives the best result, rather than just choose a load from one product range.
My favourite has to be the french lavender cream, because it's great to work with and so relaxing.

We use both paper and fabric strips, as some therapists get on better with one rather than the other, but personally I prefer fabric as it's more pliable.

hth

I just love the honey wax and seem to get on with it really well.

I bought the egg pot heater last beauty show at the G-mex, it's a Gel wax, and smells of kiwi and grapefruit. Ive had a client who came to me once, then didn't return for sometime? then she called to say she had been to loads of different salons and found that mine had the best effect. Not sure why?

I think its fab it doesn't smell like the normal waxes, more like you've scented the room, rather than had you wax pot on all day.

They have just bought out a new attachment for it so you can use tubes of the gel.

I use paper stripes, as when I use the fabric ones they flap all over the place, plus it's easier to cut up the paper ones.
I use the fabric stripes to protect the clients underwear when doing bikini waxes, they place them along the bikini line. It's better then using tissues.

Sara

About

french lavendar creme sounds lovely

amb x

I use the fabric stripes to protect the clients underwear when doing bikini waxes, they place them along the bikini line. It's better then using tissues.

Sara

About

Now thats a good idea!

I use a water soluble wax, cos im such a messy waxer, and its so much easier to clean up off the floor and couch etc. I use paper strips, dont like the fabric ones at all.:)

i bought some of the 'moom' stuff anyone tried that before????

never heard of it hun? what is it ??

ah from what i saw it looks like sugar paste with tea tree , have you tried sugering hun ? it isnt as painful as waxing , i use it quite a bit , x

ah from what i saw it looks like sugar paste with tea tree , have you tried sugering hun ? it isnt as painful as waxing , i use it quite a bit , x

nope going to have a play with it and see how i get on .

thanks

amb xx

Latest posts

Back