Whats am I doing wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimboodee2

Reaction score
Hi there

I had two models today 1 who was fairskin and used Tantrick EOS and is a lovely colour but will wait for results tomorrow once showered.

My 2nd has darker skin so used Autumn Gold When I left it looked lovely apart from I was getting drip marks? I have the T200 and did 2 full turns on the dial and then turned it down to about 1.5 and then 1 but still seems to be coming out too much???? I was not to close and was going at a steady pace.

Obviously, I need to see what happens after they shower but tonight she said part of her belly was orange and part really dark and her face she said was very dark . I remembered from training to stand further back for the face so I was concious of this. Any help and advice much appreciated. I have done my training with Tantricks a few weeks ago so really still learning trying to pick up on my faults so your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't use EOS and AG until you have some experience under your belt because the colour guide is not easy to see and therefore it is harder to apply imho. I always recommended new techs used the traditional solutions until they were totally happy with their spraying.

Personally, I wouldn't use EOS and AG until you have some experience under your belt because the colour guide is not easy to see and therefore it is harder to apply imho. I always recommended new techs used the traditional solutions until they were totally happy with their spraying.

Hi Thanks for your reply... I have not bought any solutions yet so was trying out all the samples that were sent to me. Just so I can get my practising in.....And unable to get any solution till payday :cry: . I could see where the guide was going on I just think my gun technique possibly needs tweaky. Thanks for your help :)

Ok, I understand. I would recommend when you buy, you buy traditional solutions to begin with.

Hi, If you are using the T200 then you really only need the airflow open half a turn, close it right up and put a dot of nail polish at 12 o clock then turn it to half past if that makes sence. Then do your couch roll test to make sure you have a good flow you then hold the gun about 6 inches away from your client. You should be using inbetween 30-50ml of solution per client and you wont get too much over spray, the EOS and AG are both great but if you are having trouble with not being able to see where you are going maybe use the other Tantrick solutiions for a bit as they have more bronzer in them and you can see where your are going. I hope this helps. Claire x

Hi Denise - have emailled you....

This is exactly what we discussed on the training day - ie. start off with the traditional solutions initially - but I know you were going to be finishing off some samples before you ordered these traditional solutions.

Just remember to keep your gun in the upright position as if its not then this changes the angle of spray and too much/little may be being applied.

I know it can be frustrating at first - but honestly - you will get there - you are still getting to grips with your equipment too. Try to play around with your machine - spraying it on to bed roll (you could use water and food colouring) and try to understand the spray patterns and such like.

Any probs just shout - thats wht we're here for!

xxx

hi

i have sent u a pm.

i have also just done training with tantrick was advised eos and ag solutions as these r less complicated with regards to % and different skin types i.e eos for the lighter skin and ag for daker skin! i also have the T200 machine and was told on my training to close dial make a mark with perm pen and just do one full turn. i paid to be sprayed in my training session that i had at my home and when i was sprayed my gun leaked but it was to do with a small nut that came slightly loose!

Hi Denise - have emailled you....

This is exactly what we discussed on the training day - ie. start off with the traditional solutions initially - but I know you were going to be finishing off some samples before you ordered these traditional solutions.

Just remember to keep your gun in the upright position as if its not then this changes the angle of spray and too much/little may be being applied.

I know it can be frustrating at first - but honestly - you will get there - you are still getting to grips with your equipment too. Try to play around with your machine - spraying it on to bed roll (you could use water and food colouring) and try to understand the spray patterns and such like.

Any probs just shout - thats wht we're here for!

xxx

Just got your email. I will get there :eek:

Thanks for your help
Denisex

Hi, If you are using the T200 then you really only need the airflow open half a turn, close it right up and put a dot of nail polish at 12 o clock then turn it to half past if that makes sence. Then do your couch roll test to make sure you have a good flow you then hold the gun about 6 inches away from your client. You should be using inbetween 30-50ml of solution per client and you wont get too much over spray, the EOS and AG are both great but if you are having trouble with not being able to see where you are going maybe use the other Tantrick solutiions for a bit as they have more bronzer in them and you can see where your are going. I hope this helps. Claire x

Thanks for your help... I did put polish on the dial but I went by the instructions booklet that came with the t200 and its said to turn 1.5-2 turns so thats possible why... I did the couch roll test in training but did not do that today so need to do that to start.

Thanks again
Denise
x

one and a half turns is far to open for the needle /nossle settings on the t200 i always set machines up so that there only half a turn open if its more than that you will get overspray and waste solution i always have a buffing mitt on my left hand and if you do get overspray on the client then just blott it off always do the couch roll test when your using new solutions as they do differ in viscosity/thickness but as a rule set the gun to the mininimum opening setting that gives a steady spray pattern,and always run warm soapy water through the gun after a session as the dha is sugar based and i have had (faulty) guns from the t200 that were spitting/miss spraying sent back that were just filthy!! :mad: :mad:

one and a half turns is far to open for the needle /nossle settings on the t200 i always set machines up so that there only half a turn open if its more than that you will get overspray and waste solution i always have a buffing mitt on my left hand and if you do get overspray on the client then just blott it off always do the couch roll test when your using new solutions as they do differ in viscosity/thickness but as a rule set the gun to the mininimum opening setting that gives a steady spray pattern,and always run warm soapy water through the gun after a session as the dha is sugar based and i have had (faulty) guns from the t200 that were spitting/miss spraying sent back that were just filthy!! :mad: :mad:

Thanks steve for you advice.
:hug:x

I always take my gun to pieces and give it a good clean out once a week. After every spray i clean my cup out and leave warm water in in. I spray the warm water through to get rid of any solution in the gun and then leave the rest of the water in the cup until my next client-i am salon based though-not a good idea if you are mobile-lol.
I have sampled lots of solutions and you need to change your gun accordingly.
I use 2 solutions now-nouvatan and la tan. When i spray with la tan i have to turn my gun right down as it's a lot runnier than nouvatan so comes out much quicker.
If your solution is dripping then your gun is too high.
Try the advice given here and turn your gun right down and then turn it up a little bit at a time till you feel comfortable with the flow.
If her face was darker it may be that her face was already tanned a bit to start with and so just seemed darker than the rest of her.
The only time i've ever turned someone orange is when i've been sampling solutions. Maybe you could spray her with a different solution of the same dha and see if the same happens.

Latest posts

Back