What's everybodys opinion on gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freya3112

Reaction score
Helloo
Just wondered how people felt about gelish, like or do not like? Xx

Love!!! Love the colours, the shine, my clients love it x

i had it applied to my nails, i didnt feel it was a nice even coverage and it lasted 3 days before it started to crack, chip and peel, i wasnt even doing anything to cause this, though it could have been the medication i was on? However normal polish lasted longer whilst i was on the same medication!
i have just brought gelicure, which i like,

Fantastic stuff. Agree with kattyj, especially the bit about the shine. I have tried the competitors and the only other one that I find comparable on giving such a good shine for the clients is ManiQ.

An excellent product that wears very well when applied correctly.
I love the modern and extensive colour range and the fact the bottles are more generously sized than some similar products.

Brilliant stuff cannot fault it at all, lovely to apply and wear all good feedback from clients!

its fab & I love it

Fabulous product, good sized bottle, lasts three weeks, lots of colours, brilliant shine, most importantly the clients keep coming back for more

That's brilliant that most of you have great opinions in it! How does everyone apply it to make it last as long as it does?
I've just received my through the post today and love it already, just wondered how many coats of foundation and colour you do? Xx

We have just tried Gelish this last week and think its absolutely fabulous. So easy to apply and very easy to remove. A pleasure to use. I am so pleased we took the chance and tried it - buying more colours today!

xx

love it my business has grown wonders since I have been offering gelish treatment I am now in the process of moving to bigger premises THANKyou Gelish! As long as the product is applied correctly then the gelish usually lasts for 3-4 weeks for me and even the its not that it has chipped it just has a huge growth line! layers have to be very thin and edges capped well xxx Happy Gelishing xx:D

Love it, I am getting up to four weeks wear out for some clients ok they do not look the best when they come back but really fantastic reults. Only thing I would love to see is matching varnish colours so any gelish reps reading please :)

I had a sample nail done at olympia and I was impressed. Great shine and v. Natural looking and still on now, in tact and it is over a badly peeling nail. What more can I say :)

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

That's brilliant that most of you have great opinions in it! How does everyone apply it to make it last as long as it does?
I've just received my through the post today and love it already, just wondered how many coats of foundation and colour you do? Xx

1 x thin thin thin (get the idea:D) coat of foundation ONLY
2 x colour is usually adequate...you can do 3 IF NEEDS BE but for majority of the colours 2 is fine it has fabulous coverage.

If you need any extra strength then 'structure' can be added BEFORE or AFTER your colour application.

Gelish rocks!:D

Thank you for all your opinions, really helpful and interesting! Really do love gelish also, but need a bit or practice to make it neater! X

Is gelish just for an overlay service or is there products that you can extend with x

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

Is the structure gel self levelling or would it need to be filed?
Also is it 30 sec cure fir structure too?

Love it, love it, love it!!!!!!

Is gelish just for an overlay service or is there products that you can extend with x

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

I have extended with a tip (as an experiment) and used Structure for the overlay then polished with Gelish as normal and it worked fine. But--I would not suggest any real length as the product is very flexible, like the natural nail.

Is the structure gel self levelling or would it need to be filed?
Also is it 30 sec cure fir structure too?

Yes, it is self leveling. I use the "upside down" method to get the arch in the right place and cure. I have had to file it on the thumbs though when the client has kept their thumb at too extreme an angle in the light and the product has pooled a bit at the side.

Latest posts

Back