What's everyone buying at the beauty show?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Briliant day, but it was manic. There seemed to be loads of men there this year too...lots of pack mules haha. Most stalls seemed really good, but the positioning of the minx queue was a nightmare. Also one girl asked behind the CND counter, do you know what are the new shellac colours and the man responded, yes but i don't have time to tell you. It did make me laugh...poor bloke was so harrassed and it was only 10:10.

I went with my mum and definitely spent more than i planned, but no regrets. I got the new shellac, (One of the first in haha) eve taylor men's pro and retail range, eve taylor advanced range pro and retail, sienna x, lumos, holographic top coat, cuticle knippers, some nail art bits, a hairbrush, 2 scarfs and a couple of bits and bobs.

At least it was all in cash...no scary bills awaiting my attention. I don't think i noticed anybody, i was so focused on moving to where i wanted without tripping over anybody.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow! xx

Good shellac deals? X

Got the new shellac colours plus some extra ones we needed. Got some PR wax and bits, and some new varnishes for my other salon.
Also got Clarins goody bags and a bottle of nouvatan. Not a bad haul considering I had hubby with me with his scowl every time I got my purse out!

Hi im off tomo cant wait! straight to the harmony stand! i work for Clarins, is this a free goody bag or purchased? i'll see lots of management there tomo no doubt :eek:

Today was faaaabulous :) topped up on some nsi nail bits and bobs got some new spray tan a waxing kit and lots of other things i didnt actually need! Wanted to stay longer but it was getting so packed by lunchtime it was unreal!

Was a free goody bag at their champagne reception. Very nice too.

Have been thinking of taking on Clarins in the salon, so it was a good opportunity to talk to reps etc. will be arranging a meeting next week.

Good shellac deals? X

Not sure about the other colours, but the new 6, if bought together were cheaper than usual and you also got a free tropix xx

Were there many lashes?!

Bet you can't wait to try out your new shellac x

Were there many lashes?!

Bet you can't wait to try out your new shellac x

Yeah...can't wait for tomorrow so i can have a play haha.

There were a lot of lashes, i thought, but i don't do lashes, so i wasn't paying that much attention xx

Lol, yes, that was us, oooo it's a bit freaky that everyone knew who I was but I didn't know who you were!! Lol! You should have said Hi! :) Yes, he quite likes that T-Shirt himself, so many people laughing at it, was quite funny!

Well at the time I thought that might have seemed a bit stalkerish :D particularly since my pic isn't on here and so u wouldn't have a clue who I was...but now I'm thinking maybe not saying hi is even more stalkerish lol!

So jealous of you all who went yesterday! Getting ready to go now!! :D x

Well at the time I thought that might have seemed a bit stalkerish :D particularly since my pic isn't on here and so u wouldn't have a clue who I was...but now I'm thinking maybe not saying hi is even more stalkerish lol!

Lol......maybe just a little ;) hahaha, kidding! If you see me at the next one say Hi next time. It's nice to put faces to names x

Just got back. Arrived at 10.30, not too busy so went straight to the S2 stand where there was no queue and got the new colours, then went to Nail Harmony and spent an absolute fortune, new LED light, Magneto and a load of colours!! It was really busy in their bit.

Had a good look round and just bought some of the Christian Eyebrow product to try out.

It was fairly busy but not too bad, lots of students today obviously, S2 had a big queue by the time we left and the Minx stand looked like a bit of a bun fight, so gave that a miss today.

All in all, a painless experience (apart from financially) and home by just after 2pm.

I overspent! -massive big cheesy grin- hahaha I'm still buzzing :) x

New spray tan machine for me and some Gelish, S2 was manic, I couldn't get close and the amount of students who went crazy when they spotted The Only Way Is Essex stars or Kati Price was just mad, hundreds of girls running to catch a glimpse of a celeb, I'm a wheel chair user and there are quiet a few girls who must have the worst bruises from running into the chair.
There was more stuff that I didn't get than I did get, I ran out of time, so I'll be going on a Sunday next year.

Oh yeah, forgot to say what I bought.
Got:
Shellac Colours Chrome & Rubble,
(Now also desperate for Hot Lava!)
100 Shellac Remover Wraps
Lumos double pack.
6 false lashes,
Nail art pens,
Natural Elements Skincare Small Salon starter kit.
Wish 4 Beauty Salt Scrub & Hand Lotion. (Smells AMAZING!!)
Footsie bath, varnish stand, manicure oil baths from Beauty Express.
Bolster, manicure towels, head rest covers from Majestic Towels.

Really, really wanted Glitzy Lips demoed on me but there was a big queue.
Also wanted Gelish tested on me but was also a big queue!
Did however have a CND EA do two of my nails in Rubble and had a chat about my nails not taking to Shellac for more than 8 days and she said that she wasn't surprised as my nails are very bendy and peely! She said she herself has to wear enhancements as she has the same nails as mine and wears Shellac over the top. Was SOOO relieved as was convinced, despite following Geegs tutorial to the T, that I was doing something wrong and it was getting me mega upset!
Know I know better! Yeah!! I just have crappy nails!

Great haul hun!! :)

Oh yeah, forgot to say what I bought.
Got:
Shellac Colours Chrome & Rubble,
(Now also desperate for Hot Lava!)
100 Shellac Remover Wraps
Lumos double pack.
6 false lashes,
Nail art pens,
Natural Elements Skincare Small Salon starter kit.
Wish 4 Beauty Salt Scrub & Hand Lotion. (Smells AMAZING!!)
Footsie bath, varnish stand, manicure oil baths from Beauty Express.
Bolster, manicure towels, head rest covers from Majestic Towels.

Really, really wanted Glitzy Lips demoed on me but there was a big queue.
Also wanted Gelish tested on me but was also a big queue!
Did however have a CND EA do two of my nails in Rubble and had a chat about my nails not taking to Shellac for more than 8 days and she said that she wasn't surprised as my nails are very bendy and peely! She said she herself has to wear enhancements as she has the same nails as mine and wears Shellac over the top. Was SOOO relieved as was convinced, despite following Geegs tutorial to the T, that I was doing something wrong and it was getting me mega upset!
Know I know better! Yeah!! I just have crappy nails!

So heres my little experience!
I went on the Sunday got there at 10 there was already loads of people there LOL.

I went over to nouvatan and my mum had to convince me to get a free spray tan (abit body consious) which i have to say, the colour is absolutely gorgeous! So im debating nouvatan vs sienna x.

I purchased my footsie bath/spa and 25 liners as iv heard such amazing things about it, i cant wait to try it.

I got callus peel as it looks fab and will be a great money maker, so i think clients will love this.

I unfortunately didnt get the REM manicure station as being practical i dont really have the space to set it up anymore :sad: Maybe next year my circumsdances would of changed :).

What callus peel did you get??

Its actually named Callus peel sweetie. You get it from a company called Beauty Select. This is the website http://www.beauty-select.co.uk/ you have to register as its only for trade professionals, but its such a great product, theres loads of threads about it on here so just do a search x

What callus peel did you get??

Did anybody else see all those people on those vibrating thingies? I kept getting the giggles everytime i walked past them! It just looked mega random! Lol.

Latest posts

Back