When is someone going to invent a lightweight nail table?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it might be, I take it you can lock the wheels in place? Can't really see from this picture.

Yes the wheels lock, it's fine to manoeuvre when it's up. It's when it's in it's bag, getting it in and out of car and into clients house while trying not to let it hit things is interesting!

I just bought one on eBay that only weighs 7kg, hope its ok. View attachment 39884

I'm after a new mobile manicure table too. Like most people in this thread, I have the kidney shaped one and it's far too heavy to carry around - I'm only small lol. I saw this one on eBay too and this one.. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376725249.184380.jpg think they're the same just different colour tables. I want to know if this is light enough and does the job? Also does it fit everything I would need to do Shellac etc.

x

nails by shakira
i have not long had this table...can`t make up my mind if i like it or not. first time i used it i got a chip in the black top...not sure how that happened. i mailed the company and they refunded me 20%. it weighs 11-12 kg and is heavy but manageable. My big problem is that i find it too low. i have an adjustable stool but i am still getting back ache. i liked the look of the camping table with the adjustable legs and will be looking at that. What i would really like is a nail table based on the ironing board principle, so that you can have it as high or low as you like. i had 3 mobile nails wednesday evening and by the 3rd (luckily it was a good friend) i had to resort to the ironing board as my back was killing me & i don`t usually get bad backs

can i ask what stools you guys are using with your fixed height table as changing that may be an option

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376726603.287998.jpg it's not the biggest, here is a pic of it with just the lamp on it. It's a bit of a squeeze!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376727139.647483.jpg
This is the stool I got from eBay too, very happy with it :)

nails by shakira
i have not long had this table...can`t make up my mind if i like it or not. first time i used it i got a chip in the black top...not sure how that happened. i mailed the company and they refunded me 20%. it weighs 11-12 kg and is heavy but manageable. My big problem is that i find it too low. i have an adjustable stool but i am still getting back ache. i liked the look of the camping table with the adjustable legs and will be looking at that. What i would really like is a nail table based on the ironing board principle, so that you can have it as high or low as you like. i had 3 mobile nails wednesday evening and by the 3rd (luckily it was a good friend) i had to resort to the ironing board as my back was killing me & i don`t usually get bad backs

can i ask what stools you guys are using with your fixed height table as changing that may be an option

The one I'm looking at says it weights 7kg. Oh dear, you found it too low? What kind of stool are you using? I know what you mean, I don't suffer from bad backs but I only get them if I'm not sat correctly or having to lean over to do someone's nails. ATM, I just want a lightweight table (and hopefully it will be high enough to do the job lol)

Yes it does go low and high, I find it very comfortable with the table.

I'm now watching on eBay 😊😊

View attachment 40688 it's not the biggest, here is a pic of it with just the lamp on it. It's a bit of a squeeze!!

I may end up buying a new kidney shaped one again as I though this one ^^ would be too small to fit all my products/lamp etc on. Such a shame, back to the back breaking! 😓

Last edited:
Hi guys, was just wondering, do you just use the clients chairs when you take your own table or do you lug stools round too?! I would love a portable table as I know I am working in the wrong position most of the time due to perching on the corners of dining tables according to where the nearest plug is! X

Take an extension lead with you, no more perching....:biggrin:

With all the health and safety around lifting you would have thought that someone would have come up with a novel idea for a mobile nail table that is lightweight but good for the job.

I'm currently mobile and own a kidney shaped portable nail table and whilst it is fab for nails it's absolutely terrible to transport about :irked:

By the time I've got my acrylic/gel/shellac plus table light uv lamp and then table I've had it. The table is so heavy even husbands who help me says it weighs a tonne.

So come on someone please look into this I'm sure you will more than make your money back.
I use the foldable camping table light weight and it has handle to carry.

Latest posts

Back