When is someone going to invent a lightweight nail table?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
With all the health and safety around lifting you would have thought that someone would have come up with a novel idea for a mobile nail table that is lightweight but good for the job.

I'm currently mobile and own a kidney shaped portable nail table and whilst it is fab for nails it's absolutely terrible to transport about :irked:

By the time I've got my acrylic/gel/shellac plus table light uv lamp and then table I've had it. The table is so heavy even husbands who help me says it weighs a tonne.

So come on someone please look into this I'm sure you will more than make your money back.

I'm in the process of trying to find exactly this! I can no longer work at dining tables as its ruining my back! I'd buy one for sure xx

I also have the kidney shaped portable nail table and find that's its far too heavy. I'm just in the process of looking for something that is actually portable and does not weigh a ton - I've just ordered a camping table off ebay so hoping that its going to do the job, was just difficult finding one that was the right height - eagerly awaiting its arrival so I can test it out!

Cheers girlies

Helbels the 13 kg one is the one I have and believe me 13 it's so becomes heavy.lol. However thank you and deanosana very very much because I'm just about to order the other one. At 7 kgs it's half the weight of mine. Xxxx

I'm having a custom built table made from Tivolo's choice custom made tables look them up on facebook they are on with a mobile table prototype as lots have been asking.

Cheers girlies

Helbels the 13 kg one is the one I have and believe me 13 it's so becomes heavy.lol. However thank you and deanosana very very much because I'm just about to order the other one. At 7 kgs it's half the weight of mine. Xxxx

You're welcome, hope the 7kg one turns out to be ok xx

Cazjp69 do you know how much your table will weigh when built?

Cazjp69 do you know how much your table will weigh when built?

I've just looked at the site and their static tables are lovely, wish I had a salon.

They don't have any prices yet they are about to start a prototype. Hmm I might just wait and see.

However here is some advice. I'm not a weak person I lift sacks of horse feed easily. However my table weighs in at 13kgs then the weight of my stool which is about 3 kgs I think. This is killing me to carry around.

So unless theirs comes in at 7 kgs like the other one then I won't be interested unfortunately xxxx

I have just got the portable table from HoFbeauty.co.uk - have just weighed it and it's about 8kg.

Hi I have a hi - gear adjustable camping lightweight table with carry handle and easily adjustable legs. I got it from Go Outdoors and love it - it is so easy to use and carry about.

Hi I have a hi - gear adjustable camping lightweight table with carry handle and easily adjustable legs. I got it from Go Outdoors and love it - it is so easy to use and carry about.

Hi blondie is it nice and sturdy, does it wobble about when you are filing.

Obviously when doing acrylic there is a lot of filing involved.

That's the only problem with the kidney table I have. Perfect shape, height, length and sturdy as you like but just far too heavy.

Must admit I'm swaying towards the kayline at the moment, although I might pop to go outdoors in the morning. :D. There is also a Coleman 6 in 1 table I want to look. Xxx.

Hi Hun do you know the weight of this table by any chance. Thank you so much I will see if there is a UK version xxxxxxx

It's under 20 lbs. but don't know the exact weight. HTH! :)

It's under 20 lbs. but don't know the exact weight. HTH! :)

Hi

Thanks so much for your help it weighs 7 kgs which is about 16lbs which is perfect. I'm going to order one on Wednesday. My one weighs 13 kgs which is about 29 lbs which is a great deal heavier. I've seen that one a few times and just assumed it was heavy like mine. Teach me to assume things eh lol

Xxxx

Hi guys, was just wondering, do you just use the clients chairs when you take your own table or do you lug stools round too?! I would love a portable table as I know I am working in the wrong position most of the time due to perching on the corners of dining tables according to where the nearest plug is! X

Hi guys, was just wondering, do you just use the clients chairs when you take your own table or do you lug stools round too?! I would love a portable table as I know I am working in the wrong position most of the time due to perching on the corners of dining tables according to where the nearest plug is! X

I take a stool and table because like you I tried using the clients stuff but it's not good for the back. Also I can't believe how many people don't have dining room tables or chairs. Plus if you spill anything on their table you are liable.

I will let you know how I get on with the new table xx

Yes it is very sturdy and I have no problem with any treatment. If you go onto Go Outdoors website you can see it. It is a nice size as well to hold everything on it.

This too is the only reason I've not gone for a portable Table as yet, so would be very interested in the answers ref seating!

I currently use a camping table that has benches that fold away so the table and seating become a whole unit once packed away . It does do the job but can be a wee bit 'wobbly' so I'm always on the look out for something better.

Ta claire xx
Too

Latest posts

Back