When You First Passed....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMARA_J

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Just though it would be interesting you all to share your first thoughts and actions and emotions when you passed nail/ beauty course.:wink2:

xox

I was amazed with myself and so proud that i had achieved something, if i hadnt been in the class with everyone else i would have cried with exitement

i was happy very happy becoz my dad was proud of me thats all that mattered at the time cos ive always wanted to do it

I was PSYCHED!! Actually, when I went in for my tests, I knew I would pass but wasn't sure how well I'd do. When I did really well I felt more confident about my skills somehow. Weird, I know!

when i passed my nvq at college, it didnt actually do anything..................but...when i converted to cnd, and passed each master course i felt very proud of myself, it wasnt easy, but when i gained my grandmasters, i actually cried, and hugged my educator,she told me i achieved 100% on my written exam, (spa - and i thought i was gonna fail), that to me has to be the best feeling in the world, (apart from having my kids)

when i first passed i was excited i had a million thoughts running through my head like what am i going to do now? how will i get clients? etc etc excited but also scared most of all proud that i acheived something like that..:wink2:

When I passed my CND Foundation course I felt really proud. I was the oldest in my class and was terrified of making a fool of myself. I got 100% in the written section and in the practical my educator told me I had passed with flying colours. I felt so chuffed.:biggrin:

When I passed my CND Foundation course I felt really proud. I was the oldest in my class and was terrified of making a fool of myself. I got 100% in the written section and in the practical my educator told me I had passed with flying colours. I felt so chuffed.:biggrin:

This was like me, not only the oldest, but I had to stay away from home too, but I only got one question wrong on the written, and was soooo excited I just wanted to jump up and down (I didn't!). I still feel like this when I do a good set too:D

This was like me, not only the oldest, but I had to stay away from home too, but I only got one question wrong on the written, and was soooo excited I just wanted to jump up and down (I didn't!). I still feel like this when I do a good set too:D

Ooh yes I definitely avoided the jumping up and down.:Scared::Scared::Scared:

I completed my NVQ Level 3 and passed my CND Masters at almost the same time. BOTH I worked very hard for and both have been invaluable to me. I felt a real sense of achievement, particularly since I had been away from college and studies for many moons. The nail industry is a tough one with lots of competition and you do need reassurance that you are on the right track. Achieving my NVQ and my CND Masters gave me that confirmation that, yes, I can do it - even on the wrong side of 40!

However, the slog continues cause it is a never ending learning curve in the nail industry - there is just so much to learn in an ever changing industry. Keeps me focussed and on my toes.

:lol: I'll never forget the day after I did my exam.
The teacher came & pulled me aside, & told me I hadn't passed.
:suprised:
WE organised for me to resit my exam. That's cool. No problems.
Next day, she pulls me aside again............... she made a mistake the first time & I had passed, so I did my exam twice for nothing.

So I was very relieved.:biggrin:

My school was 3 years (hair, nails and make-up), there was exams every 6 mounths. In first year i didnt know greek at all, for me everyone were speaking in chinnes lol. I was so in stress not knowing the language and not knowing to write , to read and the first exams were so near, so for 6 mounth i should know to speak and write and pass the exams:Scared: and the exams were everyday (18 exams):Scared:, i thought i would never succeed it. Everyday i was learning about 50-60 words and i passed them with 19 from 20. That was big hope for me for the next years.Finelly i finished last year my school with 18.7 from 20:D. My personal test was if i start to understand what the goverment people in the TV speak, i know everything in greek lol

Latest posts

Back