Where is the professionalism?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
It must be New Year again! Has half the world and his dog got a Rio kit this Crimbo or something? The site suddenly seems full of people who seem to be using it as a substitute for training, asking questions that the most basic of training should cover.

Well let me give you a wake up call :Grope: There is no substitute for good ongoing professional training, backed up with plenty of good practice and reading to increase your knowledge further. Whilst a Rio kit is often a good way to get you hooked into the industry, it is not professional and therefore a little reminder is in order that this site is for professionals, and students who are going through good professional training. Advice on how to use your Over The Counter (OTC) products and kits is not given.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but it happens every New Year. Enjoy your kits ... and then come to us in a week or so and we'll look forward to sorting out the total destruction you've caused to your hair, skin and nails for you. And for those of you who actually did okay with them and suddenly have the bug for the industry ... choose your Pro training course wisely, there's a lot to choose from.

It must be New Year again! Has half the world and his dog got a Rio kit this Crimbo or something? The site suddenly seems full of people who seem to be using it as a substitute for training, asking questions that the most basic of training should cover.

Well let me give you a wake up call :Grope: There is no substitute for good ongoing professional training, backed up with plenty of good practice and reading to increase your knowledge further. Whilst a Rio kit is often a good way to get you hooked into the industry, it is not professional and therefore a little reminder is in order that this site is for professionals, and students who are going through good professional training. Advice on how to use your Over The Counter (OTC) products and kits is not given.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but it happens every New Year. Enjoy your kits ... and then come to us in a week or so and we'll look forward to sorting out the total destruction you've caused to your hair, skin and nails for you. And for those of you who actually did okay with them and suddenly have the bug for the industry ... choose your Pro training course wisely, there's a lot to choose from.
Here bloody here...we didnt train for nothing,and then be used,and then some people get a OTC product and diy themselves...:eek::irked:

I hate it when someone thinks they can just "do it themselves"....and WILL NOT listen to professionals who give a damn about thier work....too damn right Sarah:hug::!:

Argos do a 14 day money back guarantee so you have a few days left to change that useless gift for something nice..like a new dinner service...:lol:

well said Sassy..xx

shes back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nicely put sass!

Argos do a 14 day money back guarantee so you have a few days left to change that useless gift for something nice..like a new dinner service...:lol:

well said Sassy..xx

pmsl thats so funny angie

and sassy that was so well said hun, hopefully it will get the message through to someone hun

xxxxx

i remember just before i began my training someone bought me the rio uv gel kit

oh my god it was horrid

i was tempted not to do my course but luckily my mum persuaded me that college was the best route to take

i think the problem with otc products is that people think they are easy to use, will save them money and they are so easily available

i remember just before i began my training someone bought me the rio uv gel kit

oh my god it was horrid

i was tempted not to do my course but luckily my mum persuaded me that college was the best route to take

i think the problem with otc products is that people think they are easy to use, will save them money and they are so easily available

You know what? I've been a nail tech for seven years now, and I still struggle to do my own nails well. I don't know whether I admire or pity someone who buys/ is given an OTC kit and attempts to do their own with no previous practice or training.

I'm sure people don't buy these kits out of malice or spite for pro's! The packaging, bumf and advertising on these silly things are very misleading, but I'm sure most people who got given one of these as a gift will bang them on ebay by the end of the week anyway!

erm... wtf is a RIO kit?

erm... wtf is a RIO kit?
Believe me Chels... you don't want to know:lol:
Home kits for non pros etc...
You buy them in supermarkets etc?

its a kit put together buy a company (rio) who like to think they are proffesionals :rolleyes: then sell them in our local shops in the high street for people to try an diy things that should be taken care of by someone who knows what they are doing.(us)

They do anythink from waxing kits, gel nail kits, tanning machines and even laser machines for as little as £100

Well said!

I still wonder if that Rio company is the same one that got sued up the :eek: here in the states over their hair care products?

it is new yr and it seems everyone gets a bit of the training bug , i know i do , i want to do a fair few things :green:, which if i read a book on the required subject could probably bumble my way through and start offering it :eek: would i dare though??
errr no chance !! anything that you are not properly trained in , is an invite for disaster ,
jmo xx

as sassy said i was bought a rio kit for xmsa a few years ago now and i used it once then decided i wanted to do nails professionally and i threw it out before i had even started.i do admit that i kept the lamp and sold it on ebay as i saw that they all seemed to be selling.so it had one good use :lol:.
and angie (bagpuss) you cracked me up about the dinner plates:lol:

I would'nt dream of trying to do my own nails, it would be like someone who is not an electrician rewiring your house for you.

People who train to do nails, or skin, waxing, whatever, are professionals and have done loads of training and have worked hard for their qualifications. I worked blimin hard for mine for three years.

You go to a professional for a reason - you want a good job done properly.

I get so mad when I see nail enhancement kits or even those non-surgical face-lift machines in catalogues, I mean you could permanently and very seriously damage your skin if its not used properly the same with those nail kits, its madness.

Trish :hug:

The trouble is every second person thinks they are different and they CAN do it

Some people talk so much **** too.

I was at a house doing a set of nails...

the clients son was there and he said his girlfriend had bought 'all the gear' - cost her a fortune -

'£300' he said

(I assumed she had gone to a wholesaler and kitted herself out) - he then went on and said ' yeah she got it from Argos'

£300 !!!! My arse!!! I was too embarrassed to get on my soap box about it - I just said 'my products were professional - and cant be bought in Argos - and that the stuff is a waste of hard earned cash.

But its not just the nail kits - its spray tanning - laser - face lifts - microdermabrasion, airbrush...bags of ****e for your money.

Latest posts

Back