Where to find a boyfriend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samantha1981

Reaction score
I hope I don't sound sad and desperate, but I've been single for two years, haven't really ventured out and met anyone else. I've been happy whilst single but I'm a bit bored of it now.

So, I wanted to ask you lot, where are the best places to find a man? And how do you approach someone if you like them?

Just concentrate on going out and having fun and he'll find you hun x x

holliejayne said:

I agree, it's better to get on and have a great time. Being happy is an attractive quality and the men will come flocking in.
Concentrate on enjoying yourself.

try the internet!!! a gorgeous guy at work told me to try it. I've always ripped it out of him because he's never short of a date! turned out he gets them off the internet! (thought he met them in a pub) couldn't believe someone like him goes on there. turned out there about 5 blokes i know on it! so they're not all weirdo's after all. he said it works for him because only the people that likes the stuff he likes contact him, and when he goes to the pub he never meets anyone he actually really likes or has common interests.

so anyway, he told me to have a butchers (bcoz i was well sceptical) and there is 140 blokes on there that live within a 5 mile radius of me!!! and that was only one site! i can see why he does it but i haven't got the guts to put my photo on there. He said it works best to put your photo on (pick the best one you've got) and just wait for the replies to come in. he said it never worked out with girls when he emailed them, so now he just sits and waits. i'm not joking, his email is always beeping! also, he says it doesn't work unless you put a photo on, so you have to bite the bullet.

maybe sam could set up a "dating" forum on here ha ha.

i agree with the above just go out and have fun with your friends.
i've been single a year now and in the past 6 month all i have done is forget about looking for someone and just gone out to have a good time now i have 3 guys taking me out on dates at the moment and its great.
they will all come at once when your not going out looking.

I met my other half on the internet and we've been together for 5 years......

I too met my gorgeous husband on the interet. Its a great place for initially meeting someone and there is absolutely no stigma attached to it nowadays...in fact most of my friends think it is the smart thing to do , as you ensure that when you find someone, they are looking to meet someone too.

When I first registered on the site I met him on, I had over 200 mails in my first day from guys wanting to meet me!!! OK, they weren't all 100% suitable, but it sure makes a girl feel good!

i have a freind a single mum with 2 boys she hasent had sex for nearly a decade poor thing she is 40 no sex in her 30s.The trouble is myself and the bunch of girls that go out all have partners so were not on the pull so to speak although i do like a good look at the talent when im out.I agree it is really difficult for her as all the times we have gone out i have never seen her get and male attention she says she is happy but she must get frustrated and lonly.I know not everyone needs a man in there life all the time but now and again would be nice.I have told her to put an add in the lonly hearts but she wont she hasent got a computor so wot else can she do shes not ugly or anything shes got a lovely little house but no man.

Maybe she doesn't want a man if you know what i mean......

kay welch said:
i have a freind a single mum with 2 boys she hasent had sex for nearly a decade poor thing she is 40 no sex in her 30s.The trouble is myself and the bunch of girls that go out all have partners so were not on the pull so to speak although i do like a good look at the talent when im out.I agree it is really difficult for her as all the times we have gone out i have never seen her get and male attention she says she is happy but she must get frustrated and lonly.I know not everyone needs a man in there life all the time but now and again would be nice.I have told her to put an add in the lonly hearts but she wont she hasent got a computor so wot else can she do shes not ugly or anything shes got a lovely little house but no man.

Rightio I'll try internet dating and I'll let you all know how I get on!

yeah she does shes not gay ??

I know people who have met over the internet, but when I met my fella, I wasnt online then. I met him on the phone when I worked at the local cab office!! :lol:

I met my boyfriend when i started working in a Spa (he worked in the gym) so i would advise getting a gym membership, just think of all the guys working out....:wink2: your bound to meet someone

Don't look for him.

You'll meet him when the time is right.

That is how I met Chris and six months on we have bought a house and are expecting our first child.

Fingertips ND said:
Don't look for him.

You'll meet him when the time is right.

That is how I met Chris and six months on we have bought a house and are expecting our first child.

Yes Vicky, you don't let the grass grow under your feet ! :lol:

River

Well the internet thing seems to working for a number of people. There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving it a go.

Goodluck and let us know who, when and where, lol! x

River said:
Yes Vicky, you don't let the grass grow under your feet ! :lol:

River

cheeky bugger

Buggy said:
try the internet!!! a gorgeous guy at work told me to try it. I've always ripped it out of him because he's never short of a date! turned out he gets them off the internet! (thought he met them in a pub) couldn't believe someone like him goes on there. turned out there about 5 blokes i know on it! so they're not all weirdo's after all. he said it works for him because only the people that likes the stuff he likes contact him, and when he goes to the pub he never meets anyone he actually really likes or has common interests.

so anyway, he told me to have a butchers (bcoz i was well sceptical) and there is 140 blokes on there that live within a 5 mile radius of me!!! and that was only one site! i can see why he does it but i haven't got the guts to put my photo on there. He said it works best to put your photo on (pick the best one you've got) and just wait for the replies to come in. he said it never worked out with girls when he emailed them, so now he just sits and waits. i'm not joking, his email is always beeping! also, he says it doesn't work unless you put a photo on, so you have to bite the bullet.

Dont you hear some horror stories through internet dating?
Ive neva done it just going on feedback thats all not bin rude just general q

holliejayne said:
Itll happen when you least expect it x

Latest posts

Back