Which decade do you love??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which decade are you??

• 1960's

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • 1970's

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • 1980's

Votes: 60 44.1%
  • 1990's

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Today

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • None of the above,im not stuck in a time warp!!!

Votes: 12 8.8%

• Total voters

Chameleon

Reaction score
Hi guys

The question says it all really,which decade do you love?

is it for nostalgia,do you actually remember it well?

Does it show your age??:eek:...not that you are bothered im sure,we all know what lotions and potions work on us anyway...LOL

For me it has to be the 1980 s.

Who remembersthose shoulder pads,those power dressing techniques of fashion??

The mars bar blusher on the cheeks,the scary 5 colour eyeshadows:eek:

Those "yuppies",the wine bars,the perms,the big hair....everything was big!

Poison perfume,obsession by Calvin klein....:green:...was nt my fav though i loved Coco Chanel:eek:

The tv programmes,dallas,Dynasty,and my all time fav Knots Landing:eek::eek::eek::green:

The music of Duran Duran,Spandau ballet...

So....what decade is YOU??

I'm 80's with you....twilight teaser listick, electric blue eyeliner and mascara.
Mullets, bouffant hair, relax t-shirts, men wearing Paco Rabanne aftershave.
Shannon singing "Let the musuc play"
YouTube - Shannon - Let The Music Play
Drinking Blue Bols and being sick:eek:
Ahh.. those were the days:lol:

80's music all the way.... but I was a bit young to wear make-up!

Loved the 80s. Loved wine bars,the silly dances you did in a line,(Jingo anybody) loved the night clubs,Charley Chans,Rudolphs,Middlesex and herts,Epping forest, if you lived my way you would know.
Loved Luther vandross and alexander o neil,sos band,fatback band ...ooooh i found love.
everyone seemed to have money and life was great.Or maybe thats just the way it seemed:)

Has to be the 90's, someone sent me this email last week and it is so true...

How you know you experienced the 90's:
-Gordon the Gopher!
-You owned or longed for an Adidas three stripe tracksuit
-Girls thought Blue Mascara was cool!
-Girls actually fancied Garry Barlow more than Robbie Williams
-The Racoons! (nuff said)
-You owned a pair of Nike Air Max, and wore them to death
-Mr Motivator (What ever happened to him?)
-You wore leggings/cycling shorts with long t-shirts
-You owned a Bennetton, NafNaf, sweater shop jumper or waistcoat
-You bought Smash Hits for the song lyrics and the immense amount of
stickers that you would stick everywhere!
-You could only watch the Simpson's on sky
-You taped the Pepsi Chartshow on radio one and tired in vain to
pause the tape before the annoying guy talked and ruined the whole
thing.
-Cans of Coke were 25p
-A grey Fruit of the Loom jumper was a must have
-Sharkie & George were the crimebusters of the sea
-Puffa jackets
-Hooch Alcoholic Lemonade (where's it gone?!)
-'Don't forget your toothbrush', 'TFI' and Big Breakfast with Chris Evans
-You had at least one troll
-You know the dance to Macarena and Saturday Night
-You watched Baywatch and longed for the day that Eddie & Sharni got
together!
-You watched Byker Grove and saw PJ get shot in the eye with a paintball!
-PJ and Duncan not Ant and Dec! Dodgy Pop
-Shellsuits & bumbags!
-You longed to live in Beverley Hills 90210
-Home and Away was a prime time ITV programe watched by millions
-You owned a Spice Girls album
-Fruit salads and black jacks!
-You remember Todd Landers in Neighbours
-You religiously watched Saved by the Bell on a Saturday morning!
-CK one (probably the fake one from the market)
-Going Live, then Live and Kicking was the place to be on a Saturday
Morning - you know you remember the number 0181 811 8181
-You knew every word to the theme tune from Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Bring back memories????

Sorry it was long but I had to share it.
Would of loved to remember more of the 80's but what I do remember they were fab, I've been watching the repeats of Dalas on UKGold!!

wow!!!!!!!!!!
Some memory there Kim:eek:

Blue mascara...LOL

:lol::lol:
YAY Kim!! A girl after my own heart......I LOVE THE 90S all I want to know is when will a 90s bar or club open???!! Can you imagine non stop 90s music all night .....WICKED!!!!!!!!!!

That would be amazing. Maybe we should open our own 90's club, with tv's showing the highlights of tv!!! LOl...

Oh it's got to be the 80's for me all the way, just loved the clothes then but I look back now and think omg look at my shoulder padded tops, enough room for 5 parrots to comfortably sit on each side!

Ah the music, loved Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran, house music, and my claim to fame was dating Jimmy the Hoover's brother( remember his one song Wo Wo Wee Yeah Yeah) :eek:

Got to be the 80's for me :)
The long fringes to one side, The high pointed shoes, pixie boots first time round, Relax t-shirts, Shoulder pads, Gladitor sandals again first time round lol,
footless tights, wrap around skirts, Jumper dresses.
Oh the memories.

I'm an 80's child so picked that, but after reading about all the stuff I remember from the 90's also have to say maybe that was my decade, so much I'd forgotten, definitely brought back memories!! :)

1990's for me !

early 90's for me joined the navy 91 was the best year of my life.....booze fellas, pubs and music

:lol::lol:
YAY Kim!! A girl after my own heart......I LOVE THE 90S all I want to know is when will a 90s bar or club open???!! Can you imagine non stop 90s music all night .....WICKED!!!!!!!!!!

90's music.... tell me one good song and I might reconsider when I say ... a club playing 90's music would be AWFUL!!!

That would be amazing. Maybe we should open our own 90's club, with tv's showing the highlights of tv!!! LOl...

Noooooooo you'd lose money!!!

I did love Sharkie and George though... and still buy Fruit Salad and Black Jack's when I get the paper in the morning!

90's music was fab, but saying that the cd in my car at the moment 101 80's hits!!! OOOps

90's music was fab, but saying that the cd in my car at the moment 101 80's hits!!! OOOps

One that sticks in my mind... and I always turn it up on full when I hear it on the Radio... is Rhythm is a Dancer.... and Tasmin Archers Sleeping Satellite... oh and the other song... I've got the Key... I've got the secret... :lol:

Hmmm... perhaps 90's music aint so bad after all :green:

It's the 80's for me. You can't beat the music like:

Kaja googoo
Spandau Ballet
Heaven 17
Depeche Mode
Thompson Twins
Bananarama
Madness
Fun Boy 3

Then i remember the Lady Diana haircut with the DA at the back, the rah rah skirt, the boob tube tops, satin trousers you couldn't cross your legs when wearing them...lol.
Watching Saturday morning cartoons....short commercials, The Double Deckers,
Road Runner, He-Man, Zeebedee, Tiswas or Swapshop?, and 'Why Don't You'?
Choppers and Grifters. i had a chopper with a squirrel tail! (its a bike for you youngsters out there...lol)
Basically, we were in fear for our lives but it wasn't because of drive-by
shootings, drugs, gang's etc. parents and grandparents were a much bigger
threat! - and some of us are still afraid of them!!

I loved the 80's!

I was a teenager in the 90's but I have to say that I think I was born a decade too late! I would have loved to have grown up in the 80's! Am mad about the music and the clothes weren't that bad. Sure a lot of the stuff in the shops at the mo definately has the 80's style look. Thought Madonna was at her best and Micheal Jackson was the bees knees!! Have loads of 80's compilation albums and listen to them all the time. Way better than the stuff thats out now!

Well I've picked today.

The other decades were OK but I'm happier now than ever before.

Two lovely kids and my own business. :) :) :) :)

There were good and bad songs from all the decades. I guess I don't like looking back too much, only forward . . . .

I was a teenager in the 90's but I have to say that I think I was born a decade too late! I would have loved to have grown up in the 80's! Am mad about the music and the clothes weren't that bad. Sure a lot of the stuff in the shops at the mo definately has the 80's style look. Thought Madonna was at her best and Micheal Jackson was the bees knees!! Have loads of 80's compilation albums and listen to them all the time. Way better than the stuff thats out now!

You've got the same Avatar as Mrs Geek.. who I thought was older than me and grew up in the 80's.... no wonder I thought that post was strange :lol:

I had to double check... then I saw the Emo bit!

Latest posts

Back