Which decade do you love??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which decade are you??

• 1960's

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • 1970's

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • 1980's

Votes: 60 44.1%
  • 1990's

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Today

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • None of the above,im not stuck in a time warp!!!

Votes: 12 8.8%

• Total voters
You've got the same Avatar as Mrs Geek.. who I thought was older than me and grew up in the 80's.... no wonder I thought that post was strange :lol:

I had to double check... then I saw the Emo bit!

Glad i wasn't the only one to get confused....lol.:o I was thinking, i'm sure she is around my age??? 30 something......

I was an 80's child and have fond memories of it but it has to be the 90's for me. I loved it when dance music really came into it's own and went to my first and only outdoor rave when I went to Gatecrasher!

I bought my own flat and lived by myself and had my first girle holiday and had a great career going. At the time I probably didn't realise how lucky I was and although I wouln't change my life now some times I would give my right arm to be back there!!

Does anybody remeber the puff ball skirt...you couldnt walk in that properly!

And as for the hair you wouldnt dare light a cigarette for fear of your hair frying for all the hairspray...LOL

So far the 80 s are winning....but where is evryone who loved the 70 s????

Abba,flares,platform shoes,Wonder Woman,starsky and hutch...

Dont be afraid to show your age...:green:

its the 90s for me

No I was not tucked up in bed, I was out gadding about !!

I ticked the 60s because its when I really got into music and there was so much to choose from. My favourite decade I suppose really though is the 70's I think that when you are young, footloose and fancy free is always the time you look back on as the best.

:lol::lol:
YAY Kim!! A girl after my own heart......I LOVE THE 90S all I want to know is when will a 90s bar or club open???!! Can you imagine non stop 90s music all night .....WICKED!!!!!!!!!!

There is a 90's bar near where I live and too be honest its vile!! :rolleyes:

But I voted 90's all the way!

There is a 90's bar near where I live and too be honest its vile!! :rolleyes:quote]

OO I'll have to check it out nexttime I'm in Brum, wont be until September though.

Was talking about this to my mum today and she said really I should have put 80'2 seen as I was the first person in my school to have a mullet in 1988...it was my first ever day at school:lol:

Gonna be a spoil sport here, can't say I'm stuck in a decade.

Although I do like to reminisce and listen to old stuff, but try my hardest to forget what the hell I was waring in the 80's!

I like to move on.

(This doesn't mean I'm clued up on fashion or music of this decade may I add!:lol::lol::lol:)

We were planning our hen night theme to be 80s tv , my gf wants to go as Marmalade Atkins!! Our friend has a longing to go out dressed as a SMURF!!!! I was going to go a Rainbow Bright!!!!Not sure what everyone else would go as....... How funny would we all look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry could n't resist :lol: obviously showing my age :rolleyes:

BUT

It's just a jump to the left. And then a step to the right. With your hands on your hips. You bring your knees in tight. But it's the pelvic thrust That really drives you insane. Let's do the time-warp again. Let's do the time-warp again yay.............

I love Rocky Horror. Sad but true..I know all the songs by heart:eek: shoot me now.

I loved the 80's. I was young, free, single worked all week for £45 an always had money to go clubbing Thursday, Friday & Saturday night & taxi home and was never skint...What happened....and why is everyone now wearing 80's clothes? They don't look as appealing as they did the first time round.

Mind you I take great delight in pointing out to my students...'I had a top like that'...they hate it. I can see them cringe at the thought of them wearing the same thing as their crusty, fat,old teacher :lol:

I was a teenager in the 80s and all though it was fun I voted for the 90s for the following reasons:

Fab music - the whole re-invention of rock and punk thanks to "grunge" (hate that expression). We used to go and see bands every weekend in the early 90s. The Lemonheads, Frank Black, Pearl Jam, Green Day, NOFX, Chilli Peppers, etc. Happy days! First saw Take That in '94. We were the oldest there!:eek::lol:

Went travelling alone in '96 to Oz. Totally changed me for the better. Then went to Asia and back to Australia '97-'98. It was an amazing experience and the best fun! Having no responsibilties or worries for months on end. Bliss!:green:

Met my hubby and some of the best friends in the world in '98-'99.:hug:

90's for me - there is no better dance decade than 90's thats why they are rehashing a lot of the dance music.

Did you know Butlins do party weekends with special decade weekends - for adults?

I did love 80's music but does any of the disco divas of the 80's remember these little gems?

YouTube - Man 2 Man - male stripper

YouTube - Miquel Brown - So Many Men So Little Time

YouTube - SINITTA - Cruising ©1984

Dont look if your in your 20's - you will hate them but I was a teen then and I loved all this stuff.

O M G !!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I havent heard that song by Miquel Brown in years!!

I remeberhearing it in a club when i was in France back in my teens....its a real gem...if you like that:green:

Ha ha Im so glad you appreciate it - it was only played in clubs mid 80's Miquel Brown is in fact Sinittas mother.

I used to love that one....so many men...how the hell did she get that one on the bike then?? pmsl

He must have been well paid!!!

Some right funny blokes on there!

As a teen I had no idea this was a gay anthem (or any of them for that matter) but it all makes perfect sense now!

I was a teen in the 80's, and still love the early 80's music

Latest posts

Back