Which decade do you love??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which decade are you??

• 1960's

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • 1970's

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • 1980's

Votes: 60 44.1%
  • 1990's

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Today

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • None of the above,im not stuck in a time warp!!!

Votes: 12 8.8%

• Total voters
that has gotta be the funniest video i have seen!

Does anyone remember the two-tone era? music waslike ska/ reggeaand the bands were the specials madness bad manners the selecter the bodysnatchers and the beat?? 1979-1981

the girls had their hair short cut in a feathercut style and wore black and white loafers and black minis. the boys had a crew cut and wore sta-press trousers, ben sherman shirts and harrington jackets.
carriexx

80's for the cloths I had the perfect figure for those shoulder pads and elasticated belts but music, well I start with Glen miller and work my way all the way through to the present day, in fact the only music I have never found a single track that i cant say hey thats good is Jazz:Scared: in fact I know all the words to a truly frightening amount of songs which is probably why my memory is so bad, stuffed full of music:lol:

I love Rocky Horror. Sad but true..I know all the songs by heart:eek: shoot me now.
I love Rocky horror, lets do the time warp again:lol::green:

Although I love my life now.......

I picked the 80's ...was good times........
I was a teenager in the early 80's then had all my kids in the mid to late 80's

good music ....loved the fashion.......shows ..........good memories then...

This was my favorite song at the time ...:)

YouTube - Men at work: Land down under!!!! (One of their best songs!!)

have no idea just how to put a link....if mods want to fix it that would be great !

Im defently an 80 s chick still often listen to the music now a dys you can sing along to the songs word by word unlike the tunes now adays,fashion was cool,loved leg warmers,n ra ra skirts ,shoulder pads,freaky hair cuts,id relive the 80s any day,(but i wouldnt wanna be back at school doe lol).

Does anyone remember the two-tone era? music waslike ska/ reggeaand the bands were the specials madness bad manners the selecter the bodysnatchers and the beat?? 1979-1981

the girls had their hair short cut in a feathercut style and wore black and white loafers and black minis. the boys had a crew cut and wore sta-press trousers, ben sherman shirts and harrington jackets.
carriexx

And a No 6 or No 10 cigarette coupon in the rim of your hat ....... No I don't remember that at all :):):)

for me it would deffinately be the 80's:) but when i hear some of the music now i still love it but boy does it make me feel old:green:

still the best music imo though:lol:

YouTube - Olivia Newton John & ELO - Xanadu

check this out guys...its camp,kitsch,and she was every boys fantasy,and the girls wanted to be her.The film was rubbish,but the song was ACE...well i think so...
takes me back to when i was 8 years old,and roller skating was the rage:eek::lol::green:

Anyone else got any "gems" of thier favourite decade???:green:

I was an 80's teen.

I had the blonde permed, curled and teased hair. The bigger the better
jan1hair.jpg
(not me by the way LOL)

I wore black spandex under torn and skin tight jeans that I had to lay on the bed and struggle to get the zipper up. High heeled granny boots. Jean jackets, tight mini-jean skirts. Black eyeliner in the eyelid and not under the lashes (know what I mean?). The bigger the earrings and the heavier, the better. etc
( I really oughta dig up a picture for giggles LOL)
Or, the "pretty in pink" phase that I QUICKLY grew to detest (tube skirts, long blouses with huge belts and pearl necklaces UGH) and reverted back to my beloved skin tight jeans.:lol:

Music of choice was: Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, White lion, Corey Hart, Madonna, ACDC, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Twisted Sister, Beastie Boys, Boyz2men, Luba, Pat Benatar, Belinda Carlisle, Phil Collins etc etc... the list goes on.. (a great list of reminder's here: Ultimate '80s Songs - Reliving the Best Songs of the 1980s - Lyrics)

OMG
feeling old and nostalgiac right about now:lol:

I voted 80's... but I love all the decades for different reasons..... ( I was born Dec 69 )

70's because my parents were still together...I had lots of friends, freedom and fun. Loved the music ( well my parents choice but I still loved it )... The Carpenters, Queen, ELO, Bee Gees. Then there was the films...Grease, Saturday Night Fever. The t.v programmes...Starsky and Hutch...oh and David Soul, my first love...well Leif Garret, Andy Gibb and Alan Parkinson ( schoolmate ) aswell..:lol: Holidays in Tenby, South Wales...my wonderful primary school...

80's because I got to go to High School which I loved...The Kids From Fame tv show ( Leroy..Mmmm ), Flashdance, ra-ra skirts and legwarmers, music...too numerous to mention...loved it all. 1984...met my hubby when I just turned 14...oh yeah my fave all time song came from 1981 <I think it was>...Tainted Love by Soft Cell. Electric blue mascara, twilight teaser no.17 lippy, 5 colours of eyeshadows on the eyelids at one time...all practically neon...big hair...1987 for the birth of my eldest child...

90's for reaching adulthood...two more children being born...for the best group in the world TAKE THAT...for getting my own house...Spice Girls...for passing my driving test ( after two lessons :lol: )...nothing else is springing to mind so maybe it wasn't that great lol ...oh yeah my fave film The Full Monty...oh and the internet...

00's for TAKE THAT re-uniting...two more children being born...getting married, moving to Spain and having a baby ( within 3 months! )....for losing weight but definately not for gaining it... Shameless tv series...Daniel Craig as James Bond...

well we are still in 00's so hopefully I will have more fond memories to come...

I have loved reading all the posts...it has been great to be reminded of things long forgotton...it takes me back..ahhhhh :hug:

xxx

gotta be the eighties....
mum playin beach boys, kate bush, t,pau and annie lennox....
dad rollin stones, police and u2
leading on to the beloved nineties.....
genesis, fleetwood mac and simply red

dunno what ure parents partyed to,
but these give me big time flash backs xxx:hug: :cry: xxx

90's for me - there is no better dance decade than 90's thats why they are rehashing a lot of the dance music.

Did you know Butlins do party weekends with special decade weekends - for adults?

I did love 80's music but does any of the disco divas of the 80's remember these little gems?

YouTube - Man 2 Man - male stripper

YouTube - Miquel Brown - So Many Men So Little Time

YouTube - SINITTA - Cruising ©1984

Dont look if your in your 20's - you will hate them but I was a teen then and I loved all this stuff.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Man2Man - Male Stripper

How Embarrassing I actually went out with a Male stripper:eek:

Can't believe I have just admitted that:eek:

I *love* the music of Fifties America! For me, that's when the foundations of the music we have today began. The simple yet effective sounds of That'll Be The Day and Peggy Sue by Buddy Holly, Wake Up Little Susie by The Everly Brothers - all great stuff! And, I hasten to add, I wasn't around then!!! :)

80's all the way! Some of the best days of my life happened in the 80's! ;)

Loving this thread!

Since watching Ashes to Ashes I love the 80's!!

Fire up the quattro bollinger knickers!! :lol:

I've always had a facination with the 70's & 80's. I loved growing up as a teenager in the 90's but I feel that I was too young to enjoy the 80's as much as I could have, roller skating & blue light discos were pretty much it for me.

If an alternate universe was possible, I would LOVE have go back as a teen in the 70's and in my 20's in the 80's. Bell bottoms, hustling @ discos, competitive roller skating, marrying Erik Estrada - I see it all LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back