Which eyelash extensions to buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgie Babe

Reaction score
Hi I have a full set of Nouveau Lashes extensions Volume up (0.15mm) & the sleeker lashes (0.10mm) however I've been looking at the following:
1 - Mink Lashes
2 - Y Lashes
3 - Coloured lashes
Are any of these other extensionsworth buying, my budget is very tight at the moment & I don't want to waste my money.
Can you charge more for these other lashes rather than the regular extensions?:confused:

I have flirties lashes, but have also got the 3 you have mentioned as I think it pays to have a wide range so you can offer your clients the full package, as you never know what look they are wanting to have.
Secret lashes are a great place to buy lashes from and not too expensive.
hth's

i have a full selction of lengths, curls and thicknesses. but i haven't and wouldn't buy the coloured ones as i don't feel my clients would be interested.. xx

£14 for a multi set of coloured lashes is pretty cheap and worth having in your kit just in case.
x

What about the mink lashes are they really so much nicer?
And the Y lashes?
Any views would be really appreciated before I part with my money!
Thanks

To me the mink lashes eeem much more luxurious and silkier.
The Y lashes (as im sure you know) give the effect of 2 lashes in one application, I find them slightly tricky to put on but they do speed up application.

So do you charge more for the mink lashes than regular extensions?

no, as they dont cost me anymore to buy

I personally don't care for the y lashes. They don't seem to stay on as well and the ones that do tend to flop--but, I think it's good to have them in case you get a client with a big gap in their natural lashes that you may need to cover. Or, you could just piggyback two lashes to help bridge the gap and save the money.
I really like the colored lashes. They aren't for everyone, every time, but adding 10 or 20 to a set gives a very subtle hint of color that some love for certain occasions, but still good for everyday. You can also purchase Pearlex pigment powders and make your own, although they aren't quite as subtle.
You didn't mention whether the lashes you had were J's or something else, but I definitely think you should get some B's and C's. I don't even use j's anymore...the b's are so much more beautiful and I also sprinkle in some C's to most of my sets.

yeah the c curl is fab!!

I have almost every kind of lash , length and curl available except for the authentic minks (which I don't plan on getting anyhow).

In the beginning I wasted a lot of $$ on the J curl but very rarely do I ever use them. Next I moved on to the B curls but now my lash sets and fill are a dynamite combo of B curls and C curls.

I have now recently added the Faux Minx that come in the trays and they are da bomb!! They are lighter, blacker and glossier than the individual lashes in the pots. These trays are very handy to work from. I am actually going to charge about 30.00 - 50.00 more per set if someone wants the Faux Minx. I only have the Faux Minx in C curls. Once you use them you won't go back!!!

:Grope:
I personally don't care for the y lashes. They don't seem to stay on as well and the ones that do tend to flop--but, I think it's good to have them in case you get a client with a big gap in their natural lashes that you may need to cover. Or, you could just piggyback two lashes to help bridge the gap and save the money.
I really like the colored lashes. They aren't for everyone, every time, but adding 10 or 20 to a set gives a very subtle hint of color that some love for certain occasions, but still good for everyday. You can also purchase Pearlex pigment powders and make your own, although they aren't quite as subtle.
You didn't mention whether the lashes you had were J's or something else, but I definitely think you should get some B's and C's. I don't even use j's anymore...the b's are so much more beautiful and I also sprinkle in some C's to most of my sets.
Hi there sorry to hijack this thread but just wanted to know a bit more about the B and C curls. I have been using J,s for a the most part with some C's and i have been thinking about getting B,s and C's for a more of a lift to the end result, am I on the right track?
Any advice would be great, thanks

Yep you're on the right track. Keep in mind when you're styling that your lashes are all at different lengths naturally. Using a combination of B and C you will get "fluffier' lashes. I don't use the Cs on the inner corner though.
With the Cs you really notice how much it opens the eyes up. You won't regret the decision to order the Cs!!

Where do you buy the B's C's and Mink lashes from? Are the Minks the same sort of thing as silk?

We have 10 lash techs working across two salons and one lash bar
You can see some of our work on the Lash Out! Lashes group on facebook

We offer a range of sets using all curls - J,B,C,D various lenghts between 10- 14 but always 0.20

For an extra umph and if the own lashes can take it will use a 0.25 .

We use only Lash Out Lashes .

Very soon we will be providing training and supplying these beautiful products in the UK

Hey Bellab13 are you referring to Tammi's products? I've heard alot of +++++ things about her products.

Congratulations on your salons and lash bar!!

Hi PM me and I will send you some free samples to try.

Latest posts

Back