Which Famous People have you met?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbk4894

Reaction score
I was just thinking has anyone ever met any TV star's and they where really nice and has anyone met any that are not so nice?

My Mate met Clare and Sarah of Hollyoaks and they seemed nice

Lee stafford and Andrew Barton many times at redken shows, gok wan on a night out in birmingham.

Me and my oh have met jimmy carr and lee evans who were both lovely!

I served Ruby Wax, john & justin Fashanu, bruce forsyth, Rosemary conley,nick faldo at a hotel i worked in years ago.

We are very lucky to have Billy Connolly living close by and he has friends staying when there is a Scottish gathering near his house they also venture into Ballater shopping to, and as my daughters play in a pipe band they often play for him, so far we have met Dame Judy Dench, Robin Williams, Eric Idle, Anna Friel and a few more I can't remember their names but for me my husband and myself were lucky enough to be invited to a champagne reception with The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay who were so nice :biggrin:

I have been very privileged in my life due to my dad being a Farrier/Blacksmith to have been in close contact to many of the Royal family since I was a wee girl, I even managed to get nipped by a Corgi and a plaster applied by a very important Grannie :wink2:haha

Being a complete Strictly Come Dancing fanatic I was thrilled to stay at same hotel as them, Malmaison, in Manchester, when we were there for their show a couple of years ago.
I, with shameless and relentless pursuit, cornered them. I not only ended up with tons of autographs, but also was sung to by Craig - a totally charming and friendly guy.
Len was lovely - but was wearing A CARDIE!
Vincent and Flavia are so beautiful and TINY.
Darren (who was absolutely unspoiled by fame), Lilia, Camilla, et al were propping up the bar and were extremely welcoming and great fun. Saw them at breakfast too!

Have also had long, lovely,but excruciating, conversation with Peter Tork, from 60s group The Monkees, about 4 years ago. For some reason I tried to talk music and that's why it was excruciating for him! With hindsight I can see he probably didn't want to hear about my struggles to play the alto sax. Oh dear....

Famous folks, I have actually met, let me see.

Sylvester Stallone
Jean Claude Van Damme
Steven Segal
Arnold Schwarzenegger
The Rock!

Industry wise quite a few but notably

Tabitha Coffey
Lydia Sarfati

A few Royals, nicest one was Princess Anne

A few footballers and lots of politicians and z listers I cant even remember

My Dad knew Rod Stewart if that counts and also Billy Connolly, they drank in the same pub for years in Glasgow. Carol Smille went to the same school although she was a few years above me.

Bumped into Nicholas Cage in Glastonbury a few years ago. He was very nice and polite and asked if I was ok. In fact he said, in that lovely voice of his 'I'm sorry, are you ok mam'. I went very weak at the knees.

When I was training I worked in a very exclusive west end salon,, so met princess Anne and Alexandra,, fergie,,duchess of Kent,, Julie Andrews,, Harry conick jnr,. Michael Crawford,, jemima khan,, twiggy,, iman,, Kate moss,, Naomi,, best of the lot David Bowie.

Met Chris Evans when Sonia and I were on the One Show back in March... he's such a lovely guy to speak to in real life.

When I was training I worked in a very exclusive west end salon,, so met princess Anne and Alexandra,, fergie,,duchess of Kent,, Julie Andrews,, Harry conick jnr,. Michael Crawford,, jemima khan,, twiggy,, iman,, Kate moss,, Naomi,, best of the lot David Bowie.

David Bowie I am seriously jealous xxx

He was absolutely stunning,, and a real gentleman I was only about 17,, and was probably talking a load of crap as I was washing his hair,,, if only I had of been a bit more worldly!!!

He was absolutely stunning,, and a real gentleman I was only about 17,, and was probably talking a load of crap as I was washing his hair,,, if only I had of been a bit more worldly!!!

Bet he was xxx I am drooling at the thought lol

My young cousins best friend is Amy MacDonald

I worked with Michelle McManus who won Pop Idol

And also Jason from Big Brother who came 2nd to Nadia.

Lots of footballers I worked in a hotel that Celtic and Scotland used to stay in the 80's

I have been very fortunate in my life to have met some amazing people. For the benefit of those who may not have heard of some of them, I've attached a link about them in anyone is interested
John Thirkle - puppeteer responsible for Button Moon, had the most beautiful funeral I have ever attended Obituary: John Thirtle - People, News - The Independent
Miriam Stoppard - Dr. Miriam Stoppard - Official Website
Frankie Howerd - Frankie Howerd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (my father-in-laws brother in law!!)
Princess Diana - sure link won't be needed!
Elton John - a/a
John Leguizamo - John Leguizamo - IMDb
Patrick Swayze - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Swayze (met both at the premiere of Too Wong Foo)
Martin Freeman - Martin Freeman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Toby Whithouse - we were mates at school Toby Whithouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rupert Everett - Rupert Everett - IMDb - phwoooar!
Rifat Ozbek - Rifat Ozbek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dursley McLinden - a beautiful man OBITUARY: Dursley McLinden - Obituaries, News - The Independent
Paul Eden My son won fame as a Chippendale and slept with hundreds of women.Why had he to pay such a price for his promiscuity. | Goliath Business News
Frank Skinner - Frank Skinner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there are more but I think I've said enough... :rolleyes:

Ive met a lot of royals, Princess Annes ex-mother in law lived in the same village I grew up in so we played with Zara and Peter occasionally. The Duchess of Westminster (queens cousin) also lived in the village and we were invited to her Christmas services where lots of the royals went too; Diana, fergie, princess Margaret, duke & duchess of Kent, etc. But I was only young and didn't think they were very cool so didn't take much notice of them! I met the queen, prince Phillip, prince Charles and Camilla when I worked in politics, where I also met tony Blair, ian dunkin donuts, Mary mcaleese, and loads more who thought they were famous and important but really weren't! my friend grew up with Charlotte church and I've met her a few times, she lives near me too so I see her about.
Ive also met Colin Jackson, ioan gruffudd (hornblower), Rhys ifans, grotbags, Kate omara, Ross kemp, Adam rickitt, Craig Charles, Kate o'mara and robert carslise. And I've seen the casts of dr who, torchwood, gavin & stacy and being human about a lot!

And I'm somehow related to Danny la rue!!

The actor who plays Michael Moon in eastenders was at college the same time as me.

The actress who plays Billy mitchels girlfriend (I cant remember the character name), I bathed her baby.

I have briefly spoken to the actor who plays Cain dingle from Emerdale when he came to where I worked.

I cant think of anyone else that I have actually spoken to, although I have walked past a few other famous people.

Bumped into Nicholas Cage in Glastonbury a few years ago. He was very nice and polite and asked if I was ok. In fact he said, in that lovely voice of his 'I'm sorry, are you ok mam'. I went very weak at the knees.

I love his voice, I could listen tonic all night!!
When I was about 6 I swam with Geoff capes for some sort of charity thing for our swimming club & when I worked at a supermarket when I was a student I served leticha Dean, Sharon from eastenders!! her parents live near me x

Who is grotbags??

http://www.grotbags.net/

Did you know the 80's kids programme Emu and the pink windmill?

Theres somebody at the door! There's somebody at the door!

Latest posts

Back