Which gels are not tested on animals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie28

Reaction score
I have been using Gelish up to now but have decided to stop since discovering that they test on animals :(

I have invested in Shellac which I am loving :) but would still like to offer a Gel Polish alongside this. I know Gelicure and Orly don't test from researching, but wondered if there were any others I am not aware of?

I am off to Olympia soon and want to test some out :)

Thanks guys

Jessica's GELeration is not tested on animals.

Thank you for your reply. It seems there are a few that don't, :) so I don't know why Gelish feels the need to when it is not essential :(

I checked the PETA list and pretty sure OPI don't!xx
🌸

I know for definite:

CND
Jessica
Nubar
Orly

All don't test. Technically OPI dont but I stopped buying them when they were bought by Coty, who do test.

I looked for info on Young Nails and NSI but couldnt find a definite answer. Waiting still for NSI to answer my email.

Wow-I thought we were past the age of testing cosmetics on animals. I'll definitely be keeping this in mind next time I'm buying in new supplies. Good to know.

Thank you for nall your replies. I am defninitely going to test out those on the list. Does anyone know if IBD tests?

Wow, I had no idea so many still tested!!

What about the companies who DON'T manufacture anything but who buy their products from the people who do do the testing on animals??

You don't think for instance that Jessica manufactures their own gel polish ? They don't. They lable a gel which they purchase from someone else, and so do hundreds of others. So they can claim that THEY themselves do no animal testing ... but the people they are buying from do.

So many use a gel polish from the same source but re-branded under other names. Anyone will find it pretty impossible to unravel who actually manufactures the gel or from where companies are buying.

If you really want products that are genuinely not tested on animals then buy from a company that MAKES their own products and who can really tell you, not from those who buy from others and put their own lable on and then say WE don't test our product on animals. They are hoodwinking you.

What about the companies who DON'T manufacture anything but who buy their products from the people who do do the testing on animals??

You don't think for instance that Jessica manufactures their own gel polish ? They don't. They lable a gel which they purchase from someone else, and so do hundreds of others. So they can claim that THEY themselves do no animal testing ... but the people they are buying from do.

So many use a gel polish from the same source but re-branded under other names. Anyone will find it pretty impossible to unravel who actually manufactures the gel or from where companies are buying.

If you really want products that are genuinely not tested on animals then buy from a company that MAKES their own products and who can really tell you, not from those who buy from others and put their own lable on and then say WE don't test our product on animals. They are hoodwinking you.

I know they don't because they contacted their manufacturer's, who confirmed they don't, not so impossible after all.

This is a good point. Which is why when checking I always check that the company don't test and that they don't employ anyone to test either. I also look into their parent company if they have one.

If a company can't confirm any of this I wouldn't use it as I think it's shady not to disclose procedures fully.

artistic colour gloss isnt tested on animals nor are any of the components of it nor do they get other companies to test on their behalf

Bio Sculpture Gel isnt tested on animals and it is also the ONLY gel on the market that has the 5 star safety rating...

Who is it tested on then, if not animals.. maybe poor humans??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

companies can now use something called in vitro screens

Humans have a choice whether they are tested on......animals don't.

Good question.

'Poor humans' get paid to have things tested on them...

'Poor humans' get paid to have things tested on them...

How sad that some humans are so poor that they are willing to have drugs/products etc tested on them.

Some people are so poor in some countries that they will sell a body organ to feed their families. They sell their children even.

That is very desperate and very sad indeed.

Latest posts

Back