Which polish to purchase?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to really like opi but now dont like their new wide brushes, yes you can paint quickly but if you do it too quick it has no time to set inbetween coats and takes ages to dry so whats the point.I mostly do french and the brush is too wide for the white.I think the brushes are also harder anyway im not happy.
I like the little orly minis which i buy in the snazzy colours that not many people have like bright blue,orange etc.so i have a few of those.
Am using creative now and so far so good no probs at all.

Creative and Opi are my favourites and a great retail line too. xx

I love the range of colours from cnd

But find OPI stay on better :)

If geeg reads this could she answer why even tho o use cnd top and base coat the polish stays on extentions but no the naturel nail?

Well I have never had a problem with the wearability of either OPI or CND. But I do prepare the natural nail well and make sure I use ScrubFresh/NailFresh to 'squeak' the natural nail before application of the polish. I think it is more down to how the client uses her hands than the enamel actually.

I use OPI lacquers. I definately prefer CND Super Shiney top coat and Stickey base coat to OPI's. I used to get through several of the OPI topcoats, not cost effective and they got thick too quickly. Love the fact that im able to purchase larger size base and top coats from CND. Clients always comment on their lovely 'bubble appearance' x

Well I have never had a problem with the wearability of either OPI or CND. But I do prepare the natural nail well and make sure I use ScrubFresh/NailFresh to 'squeak' the natural nail before application of the polish. I think it is more down to how the client uses her hands than the enamel actually.

Definately.I give the same advise to clients i manicure and polish as i do enhance, so wearing gloves,no using to open cans, oil etc .Whether they take that advise is up to them but the ones that do can keep a polish for nearly two weeks.

Thanks geeg and gill

it wasn't a client complant it was on myself suppose im not the most carefull with my hands i have to admit i dont practise what i preach xx:lol:

Thanks geeg and gill

it wasn't a client complant it was on myself suppose im not the most carefull with my hands i have to admit i dont practise what i preach xx:lol:

Well ... there you go!! :lol:

I cant fault the Jessica range,my sister gave me aload last year that shes had for about three years and they are all still fine.x:)

I must say, although I dont have a lot of Jessica polishes, the ones I have are fab. At college last year, my tutor came scross some old stock from years previous (they hadn't used Jessica products for at least 2 years) and she sold them to us students at v. cost price so who could say no? I thought they would be ruined but still work fine and that was a year ago.

Saying that, I am an OPI girl but have never tried creative - REALLY want to though.

Debs x

I'm an O.P.I. girl too!

I honestly believe you get what you pay for with polish and it's worth investing in good quality. It's much easier to use, gives a better finish, and makes a manicure last longer which keeps your clients coming back to you!

I too only have problems with my white! I always thought it was because I use it more often so is exposed to the air for longer which would thicken it? I'll be holding it upright from now on!! :)

And not wanting to contradict anyone... I used Creative polishes in my last salon and I did have a few that went thick. No more so than any other brand, but it did happen :hug:

I must say, although I dont have a lot of Jessica polishes, the ones I have are fab. At college last year, my tutor came scross some old stock from years previous (they hadn't used Jessica products for at least 2 years) and she sold them to us students at v. cost price so who could say no? I thought they would be ruined but still work fine and that was a year ago.

Saying that, I am an OPI girl but have never tried creative - REALLY want to though.

Debs x

ANY good brand of polish should last in the bottle if it hasn't been opened ... I don't think Jessica is any better at that than any quality polish. I have some CND polishes that are still in the old bottles and are perfectly good and they are 3-4 years old!! :eek:

Only my opinion but I actually think Jessica polishes thicken faster than any other brand which is why they always urge you to buy 2 bottles of each colour so that you can top one up with the other to avoid them going thick ... brilliant marketing trick ... as they sell 2 bottles to everyone elses one!! :irked:

Thanks 4 the great advise! :) Now I have something to go off of...
Victoria*

I would have to join the many others and say that I totally prefer OPI. The pro wide brush is fantastic, and yes it is a pain that the whites have the prowide brush, but i trimmed mine into a 'V' shape and has combated that problem.

I have also tried Creative and can not fault them, but do prefer OPI.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back