Which product range for facials?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
I am home based/ mobile and i am just training in doing facials at the minute to add to list of treatments that i offer and just wondered what range of products do other geeks use/recommend for facials as there as so many different makes on the market, thank you:biggrin:

I would like to ask the same question, what make would you recommend, and the best would be if its good, not extremely dear and don't need to buy for 5,000.00 at the start, as well as that - give to any salon, but not only for one in your area. Of course if its well known and clients buy it. so preferable if its nice retail packaging and nice product!

I am home based/ mobile and i am just training in doing facials at the minute to add to list of treatments that i offer and just wondered what range of products do other geeks use/recommend for facials as there as so many different makes on the market, thank you:biggrin:

I would like to ask the same question, what make would you recommend, and the best would be if its good, not extremely dear and don't need to buy for 5,000.00 at the start, as well as that - give to any salon, but not only for one in your area. Of course if its well known and clients buy it. so preferable if its nice retail packaging and nice product!

May I suggest you do a search as this question has been asked and answered a million times over on here.

HTH xx

Dear BABsann, have done search, didnt find any good advice only 2 companies as Eve Taiylor, and SwissDermyl....not shure about them, asked some of my clients, nobody heard about them. Dermalogica, Elemis, Quinot - all know these names, but impossible to get it when I just training and if I live in town where at least 30 salons, and all using something good already. So my question is about GOOD KNOWN whit GREAT RESULTS, NICE RETAIL RANGE, Suitable for ALL TYPES of skin and without the stupid limits, like "only one salon has the rights to use, or minimum order 5000,-... may be I missed something, so really ask for help, please. I don't mind to spend 1000,- but 5000,- is a bit over the roof...

If your clients have heard of a product then they can usually buy it anywhere anyway so its not always a good thing especially as a home salon forget about decleor, elemis etc brilliant products but as you say you cant get them if you are a small concern.
You have to sell your own products in the way you do your treatments and your own advertising with help from your supplier which will include brochures,posters etc.
To be honest i dont think you have searched as much as you could its always a huge topic on here.
Eve Taylor is very good and so are Moor Spa havent tried any others that are not very high end so cant comment.

So brilliant products are only for big salons? I have 2 treatment rooms and getting 3 more so its a bit more then home based salon, but of course its small salon and I spent a lot already.... think its too much for one year, and big opening account is a bit to hard for me for now.... But thank you Gillian, you made it clear to me... I will keep looking....will think and hopefully will get sorted...

Have you looked at Gerards? Check them out.

So brilliant products are only for big salons? I have 2 treatment rooms and getting 3 more so its a bit more then home based salon, but of course its small salon and I spent a lot already.... think its too much for one year, and big opening account is a bit to hard for me for now.... But thank you Gillian, you made it clear to me... I will keep looking....will think and hopefully will get sorted...

I think you have to realise that the bigger companies that want you to spend a large outlay themselves spend huge amounts on advertising,research and ongoing investment they dont need people who are only going to be spending small amounts every month so dont sell to them.
Thats not to say companies that do supply with a lesser outlay are not good active products and are therefore not worth considering.You have to remember some peoples skin care consists of soap and a flannel or a quick rub over with a baby wipe you will never get these people to buy a £60 face cream but they may buy one thats £20.Also some clients just want a good treatment once a month or so and do not ever want to buy anything so having your shelves full of unsold products is never going to be good for your business so you need to match your products with the clients you have or want to have.

Last edited:
You right about the shelves full of unsold products, that's what I think about...that's why I don't want to buy so much!! thank you!

Have you thought about Environ ?

I don't use the range so can't give specific information but as far as im aware the start up order is very resonable. Its also quite a well known range and features in magazines etc.

You could also contact Sothys, RVB, Matis, Susan Molyneux they all decent brands with a good start up cost.

I agree with Gillian about unsold products. I use Dermalogica and since I relocated from a hair salon to be home based I don't sell even half the amount of retail I did before as I don't get walk in clients.

Thank you!! Juliette!!!
I will check them all!!
just after talking with Decleor, something around 2000 - 2500 for salon products, and retail if you want so and how much you want.. so that's sound good, as well its a nice product I think... heard a lot of good reviews...

matis did have pretty reasonable start up packages. ive worked on and off with them over the years and have always been very good also retail wise they have moist starting from £23.00 right up to high end.
ive worked with guinot and elemis and they were picky where they put there products. not sure about md formulations start up packages but is a really great skincare range. also worked with clarins but it dindnt sell to well with large department stores selling it and always doing promotions

I have said this before but I think it is really important. Get some samples from whichever companies you short list. It helps to really try the products. If you are comfortable with the products before you buy them then it make the purchase a lot easier.

I do think anyone who is looking for a range needs to speak to the different companies and see what packages they can offer you, and how a package can be tailored to your particular needs.

i have just about to start with jean marin its available from sallys it so nice well supported with protocalls ect youcanjust buy what you need and then desised if you want retail it .
jean marin helped develop declor so you know it good iloveit and so do my clients .
hope that helps

Just because your clients haven't heard of a brand doesn't mean it's no good!
Jo's quite correct - get samples, get a visit from the company, ask other stockists of the products, before you make a decision.

Thank you All for your support, I just made list of all companies and already have asked them to post me some samples and all information. Best wishes to you all!

Moor Spa fab start up pack and i read on here somwhere you can split it into 4 payments x

Why not think about offering two types. Sorry really trying to confuse you now!

Moor Spa are great, start up great, and yes they were kind enough to let me pay over the four months - sure they won't mind me mentioning that! Amount of samples they send you - amazing - really give so many samples you can use the products for weeks rather than hours!!!

Environ - more of a cosmeseutical range - I'm going to add this range as well at the end of the year when I have a bit more money (hopefully). Start up again is absolutely great and the rep will come and visit you and go through everything. Am going to book onto the course for the end of the year.

Thought about Nimue but companies that just expect you to make a big decision on a couple of sachets just doesn't do anything for me. Also is double the startup price of Environ. I appreciate that sending decent samples to every person that rings up is probably very costly but I would have even paid a charge to try decent samples but it wasn't offered and I'm sure if I had suggested that that is probably something they don't do anyway.

Oh yes and you could get both the Moor Spa and the Environ for way under a £1,000 I would have though.

Latest posts

Back