Which product range for facials?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am currently using eve taylor and while they smell nice i dont see any results so im looking to change. I have contacted all the companies that i thought about and asked for a info/sample some of which have come or on route and some of which have not. The ones that have not im rather disapointed about as i have heard alot of good things about swissdermyl and would of liked to of tried but twice i have had to let them know i havent recieved them so may just give up on that one.

You just have to make sure that the companies supply to mobile/home based therapists.

But as some one suggested gerrards is lovely and i think their start up costs would be just your budget. I would love to have their facial and body treatment range. xx

Ok just what I got for 2 weeks now, made a list of more then 40 companies,
1. Dermalogica - training at the moment in academy, so will go with it in near future
2. Elemis - like it phoned them - got big NO, but not very disappointed, because minimum order 5.000,-
3. DMK (Danne) nice medical stuff, distributed in Ireland by Chleo Enterprises in Bray, phoned them told someone will contact me, still waiting...
4. Sothys... same Chleo Enterprises in Bray... hope to get someone, will try them next week...
5. Darphin - very nice but expensive and I think will be big opening account..still waiting for email reply with distributor in Ireland...
6. Decleor - got call back, nice products, they promised to send package, and email the prices, no email, no package, think they didn't like me... (I do speak good English but I am Latvian, so could be something against non local...hope not)
7. Guinot - didn't try to contact, know we have it in town and opening account is high
8. Nimue - got big NO - we have it in town..
9. Moor spa - just don't like packaging, sorry maybe nice product...
10. Pure Fiji - same, looks really cheap...
11. Jean Marin, tried in our local shop, told that its made by Decleor...hard to believe doesn't smell nice at all... maybe good result...but preferable something with nice smell...
12. Skin truth...I don't think for that price you can get something nice...
13. Clarins - we have it in town and same as Guinot, too dear...
14. Gernetic - got UK distributor, don't send to Ireland, maybe someone knows Irish contact?
15. Murad - got a call from UK, someone have to contact me from Ireland... something medical as well.
16. Matis - nice, got all samples and brochures, but no prices, confused, how can I make choice if I have no prise list, asked to email it, got something like we dont know you why should we send you such an information, maybe you are our competition... I am in shock!!! People... what's going on...
17. Patricia Milton, very nice, professional, have brochures, samples, prises, happy! Just confused no salon sizes, checking out.... does someone have it in salon?? how does it sell and what about the treatments, any good results???
18. Remy Laure - told that package sent...
Still left to check:
19. Espa
20. Environ
21. Swiss Dermil
22. Spiezia organics
23. YonKa
24. Kanebo
25. La Prairie
26. md formulations
27. Pier Auge
28. Gerards
29. Cetuem
30. Susan Molyneux
31. RVB
32. REN
33. Germaine De Capuccini
34. Algologie
35. Mary Cohr
36. Colin
37. Elizabeth Arden
38. Gatineau
39. Phytomer
40. Eve taylor
41. By Terry
42. Liz Earle - don't sell to salons or spas. Retail only.
43. Biodroga
44. Thalgo
45. Shiseido
46. Pervonia
47. Dr. Grandel

So if someone can add more would be nice thank you!I will be adding to this list and will try to contact all of them!

Last edited:
just another thing to think about, i would never stock products that are readily available from qvc and department stores people tend to buy less from you as they feel they get a better deal from shopping chanels etc x

just another thing to think about, i would never stock products that are readily available from qvc and department stores people tend to buy less from you as they feel they get a better deal from shopping chanels etc x

That's not my experience. Most stores stock only a limited range of products & a good skincare supplier offers most, if not all, the same buy-in promotions to salons as they do stores. Being in stores also has the added bonus of raising product awareness, which can lead to increased sales & treatment take-up. With skincare some people looking at the higher end can be very snobish about using products they've never heard of, suspecting that it's cheap or that you knock it up in your back-room!

Generally speaking, most of my retail is at the end of a treatment based on recommendation. I have never had a client who has then decided to go off shopping to see if they can save a pound or so (although oftentimes the store price is no better than salon price anyway).

Ok just what I got for 2 weeks now, made a list of 40 companies,
1. Dermalogica - training at the moment in academy, so will go with it in near future
2. Elemis - like it phoned them - got big NO, but not very disappointed, because minimum order 5.000,-
3. DMK (Danne) nice medical stuff, distributed in Ireland by Chleo Enterprises in Bray, phoned them told someone will contact me, still waiting...
4. Sothys... same Chleo Enterprises in Bray... hope to get someone, will try them next week...
5. Darphin - very nice but expensive and I think will be big opening account..still waiting for email reply with distributor in Ireland...
6. Decleor - got call back, nice products, they promised to send package, and email the prices, no email, no package, think they didn't like me... (I do speak good English but I am Latvian, so could be something against non local...hope not)
7. Guinot - didn't try to contact, know we have it in town and opening account is high
11. Jean Marin, tried in our local shop, told that its made by Decleor...hard to believe doesn't smell nice at all... maybe good result...but preferable something with nice smell...
14. Gernetic - got UK distributor, don't send to Ireland, maybe someone knows Irish contact?
15. Murad - got a call from UK, someone have to contact me from Ireland... something medical as well.
16. Matis - nice, got all samples and brochures, but no prices, confused, how can I make choice if I have no prise list, asked to email it, got something like we dont know you why should we send you such an information, maybe you are our competition... I am in shock!!! People... what's going on...
17. Patricia Milton, very nice, professional, have brochures, samples, prises, happy! Just confused no salon sizes, checking out.... does someone have it in salon?? how does it sell and what about the treatments, any good results???
Still left to check:
19. Espa
20. Environ
21. Swiss Dermil
22. Spiezia organics
23. YonKa
24. Kanebo
25. La Prairie
26. md formulations
27. Pier Auge
28. Gerards
29. Cetuem
30. Susan Molyneux
31. RVB
32. REN
34. Algologie
35. Mary Cohr
36. Colin
37. Elizabeth Arden
38. Gatineau
39. Phytomer
40. Eve taylor
41. By Terry
42. Liz Earle
So if someone can add more would be nice thank you!

Have you looked at Shiseido?Gorgeous products and their make up is wonderful too.x

Ho hum, can't please everyone all of the time. Packaging is a tough one, some love it some don't and it is a lot better than it used to be.
6a00e398be844500040137a4c3ccb2860c-pi

Last edited:
Ho hum, can't please everyone all of the time. Packaging is a tough one, some love it some don't and it is a lot better than it used to be.
6a00e398be844500040137a4c3ccb2860c-pi

as in life !!! its whats on the inside that counts xx

Ok just what I got for 2 weeks now, made a list of 40 companies,
Still left to check:
19. Espa
20. Environ
21. Swiss Dermil
22. Spiezia organics
23. YonKa
24. Kanebo
25. La Prairie
26. md formulations
27. Pier Auge
28. Gerards
29. Cetuem
30. Susan Molyneux
31. RVB
32. REN
34. Algologie
35. Mary Cohr
36. Colin
37. Elizabeth Arden
38. Gatineau
39. Phytomer
40. Eve taylor
41. By Terry
42. Liz Earle
So if someone can add more would be nice thank you!

I use Thalgo and totally love it. They also distribute a range called Ella Bache which is really nice too. I go to a salon that uses Pervonia and that is also lovely.

I remember a few years back when i was opening my salon I was looking a a range called Dr. Grandel I remember the prices were very reasonable and there was no minimum opening order. I also tried the products and to be honest i found them amazing. In the end i decided to go with dermalogica which was the best decision i made because the stuff just walks out the door.. Customers love it. I still think i might look into the Dr. Grandel at some stage because the stuff is really nice and nice packaging. Not sure who supplies it over here in ireland though. I just remember they supplied australian bodycare products also. That was 4 years ago.
I do recommend you look into it here is the link to their website Dr. Grandel - Beauty in the best of hands i will look and see if i can find the distributor for ireland for you but do check out the website and i would recommend trying to find the distributor to get some samples and prices which are very attractive.
Let me know what you think. x;)

I use Thalgo and totally love it. They also distribute a range called Ella Bache which is really nice too. I go to a salon that uses Pervonia and that is also lovely.

I looked at Pevonia but they insist on an £800 monthly spend!

That's not my experience. Most stores stock only a limited range of products & a good skincare supplier offers most, if not all, the same buy-in promotions to salons as they do stores. Being in stores also has the added bonus of raising product awareness, which can lead to increased sales & treatment take-up. With skincare some people looking at the higher end can be very snobish about using products they've never heard of, suspecting that it's cheap or that you knock it up in your back-room!

Generally speaking, most of my retail is at the end of a treatment based on recommendation. I have never had a client who has then decided to go off shopping to see if they can save a pound or so (although oftentimes the store price is no better than salon price anyway).
my salon stopped ended there account with clarins because we couldnt compete with the large department stores offers with there 25% off days etc also because department stores stock large numbers they are given bigger discounts and special promo's which are not given to smaller salons. also quite a few of my clients started to get there id bare minerals from qvc because again they got extra bonus gifts etc when buying off there.

im not saying all companys are the same but with my experience of clarins and id bare minerals this was the case x

Generally speaking, most of my retail is at the end of a treatment based on recommendation. I have never had a client who has then decided to go off shopping to see if they can save a pound or so (although oftentimes the store price is no better than salon price anyway).[/QUOTE]

most of my recommendations are also done at the end of my treatments but when you are doing theese clients month in month out for years they are going to start noticing they can get the products cheaper else where ! i was only giving my personal experience to try and help i was not suggesting that every product on the market can be found cheaper else where but in these times if some one can save a penny they will ! x

I have found with Dermalogica that people were buying cheaper off the net. I figured if you cant beat em, join em! So my clients can buy from me online with confidence that they are getting the real thing, and I am fully authorised.
Sometimes you have to beat your competition, rather than avoiding it, or moaning about it.

Thank you all for lots of advice, getting lots and lots information!
I found some posts about Sothis, actually in this forum, and in my opinion its not really high range product, but unfortunately Sothis has 2500 minimum order as well. Danne - 4000.... so will wait for other replies...

Thank you all for lots of advice, getting lots and lots information!
I found some posts about Sothis, actually in this forum, and in my opinion its not really high range product, but unfortunately Sothis has 2500 minimum order as well. Danne - 4000.... so will wait for other replies...

Sothys is an gorgeous product and their training is also excellent.

Try Image Skin Care, great products that offer training all over the world and no minimums. imageskincare.com. I use their products but have not tried peels yet.

i really like the guinot products

Try Susan Molyneux. The products are made using natural ingredients and essential oils, plus the retail side is reasonable. Minimum order value is great for small salons and mobile therapists.

Hi There , you may not of heard of Pier Auge as its old school but very well respected with us therapists that have been around for many years ! Opening orders from £350 are available or £500 with point of sale and free training . Let me know if you want more details and ill get some over to you and give you details of their web site .All the best

Hi, I've been it the same position and tried them all! I found Germain de Capuccini an excellent product which smells nice, well priced for the therapist and retail, have an excellent range and start up costs can be what you want. It depends on how much you order. Tjey also do a good line of male products too. For a start up this I found was the best for me.

Latest posts

Back