Which tans have a green/olive base?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys trialling some new tans, and have been searching old posts just wondered if someone can tell me which tans have a green/olive base?

I know some people think that it does'nt affect the tan out come but I currently use xen tan and since they have change the guide colour I'm finding the tan does come out a slightly different colour.

Any info appreciated xx

Hi Sarah, Vani-T Velocity has this type of base, and the resulting tan is definitely more olive toned.
I'm near you and can send you a sample or demo it for you.
xxx

I know some people think that it does'nt affect the tan out come but I currently use xen tan and since they have change the guide colour I'm finding the tan does come out a slightly different colour.

Is this just the spray tan, or have they changed all of their tans? I usually use the xen-tan mousse intense but will maybe think twice about buying any more if the colour isn't as good .. :irked:

St tropez and fake bake have a green pigment in it to stop them from going orange.

Hi guys trialling some new tans, and have been searching old posts just wondered if someone can tell me which tans have a green/olive base?

Any info appreciated xx
Are you sure xen tan haven't changed the formula as well?
DHA is colourless and therefore the tan can't be green based/ red based etc....
It is the guide colour that is added to. You can't add colour to the DHA in the solution. It is the grade of DHA that determines the outcome of the tan.
I think it's just a marketing ploy by the companies to get you to buy their solution.
I sampled lots and lots of different solutions when i first started tanning and the most orange out of them all (except for siennasol xtreme which was designed for ballroom dancers) was St.Tropez. So if they are saying their solution is green based, then that just proves my point!

The funny thing is I called them and they have assured me they have not changed anything but the guide but I swear it is different and as it used to be olivey and now kinda toffee I think it is definitly coming out different and not as dark, but then again perhaps I am just getting used to it so want it darker?? lol
Tried fake bake and st tropez, neither colour is as good on me, pale face (i should be in twilight :lol:) st tropez is better than fake bake but still not as good as xen tan even thou its changed lol
I know the guide colour is not meant to affect tan but honestlty if you saw the xen on me b4 and now I think you would agree :) I do find the first day after tanning the best colour then as it fades it is more goldeny but thats ok xx

Are you sure xen tan haven't changed the formula as well?
DHA is colourless and therefore the tan can't be green based/ red based etc....
It is the guide colour that is added to. You can't add colour to the DHA in the solution. It is the grade of DHA that determines the outcome of the tan.
I think it's just a marketing ploy by the companies to get you to buy their solution.
I sampled lots and lots of different solutions when i first started tanning and the most orange out of them all (except for siennasol xtreme which was designed for ballroom dancers) was St.Tropez. So if they are saying their solution is green based, then that just proves my point!

Spot on about it being DHA being colourless and when discussing green based/red based tans etc, this simply refers to the colour guide. For instance we produce 3 very different solutions, one having a green based colour guide, one with a red base and yet another with a blue base.

It is the grade and percentage of the DHA, the supporting formulation of the spray solution and the colour of your skin to start with which determines the final outcome of a spray tan.

Could it possibly be that not all the colour guide is coming off initially? I was advised to only shower with warm water and a little shower gel on the bits that need it lol Think I had read this somewhere, maybe? lol xx

Spot on about it being DHA being colourless and when discussing green based/red based tans etc, this simply refers to the colour guide. For instance we produce 3 very different solutions, one having a green based colour guide, one with a red base and yet another with a blue base.

It is the grade and percentage of the DHA, the supporting formulation of the spray solution and the colour of your skin to start with which determines the final outcome of a spray tan.

Latest posts

Back