who wants this site to become 'professionals only'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

professional only geek site???

• professionals only

Votes: 215 44.6%
  • anyone

Votes: 226 46.9%
  • dont know

Votes: 41 8.5%

• Total voters
No the site should be for all standards of techs lets face it ladies we all where juniors once (I still am)...... But I love this site it is so helpfull

I voted 'both' as wouldn't it be difficult to regulate a professional only site? The great think about this site is the education that it is giving to the general public instead of myths about nail enhancements. People can come on and ask for advice wether they are trained professionals or not and be given the facts and not scaremongered.

As far as untrained people asking for how to do nails on others i think we are all aware of these kind of questions and can generally spot them a mle away.

My personal opinion is that I think it would be very selfish if this became a proffessional only site, as I know a fair few people that have come on here looking for help and have got it.
Also people who do nails as a hobby, looking for ideas etc....:)

I've voted proffesional only, but only because there wasn't the choice I would have liked.
It would be nice to have a proffesional only section, so that the proffesionals could discuss proffesional business.:confused:

I've voted proffesional only, but only because there wasn't the choice I would have liked.
It would be nice to have a proffesional only section, so that the proffesionals could discuss proffesional business.:confused:

I agree this would be a good idea. I've read of several geeks that were untrained until they took advice from more experienced geeks, got trained and now produce beautiful nails. I personally didn't discover this site until I had started my gel course but I wish I'd come across it months before when I was actually untrained and 'unprofessional' because I wouldn't necessarily have made the choice that I did with my course. The info on here is invaluable and should be available for all. (If there are any timewasters they are usually exposed thru their own stupid comments anyway)

Anyone should be able to use this site...
I dont see why it should make any difference to you who comes on here.
Think of all those who arent qualified, but are training or at collage working towards it. They wouldnt be professionals yet, but they could gain so much from this site and the people on here that are qualified can help them. they can learn a lot from us.
Also, I cant see why someone who isnt in the industry would be interested in this site, and as its been said before they probably wouldnt know, or care what we are chatting about anyway.

Well I voted I don't know because I am untrained but want nothing more than to be.

I have noticed that so far 139 people have voted pro's only but only 3 have made a reply. I would like to hear more opinions on why it should be.

I would deffinatly find it very gratifing if I knew I was part of inspiring soo may people to stick with it or to go and get training. Do you all think about that? Truthfully when I first started here I just did my own nails as kind of a hobby but after talking to a lot of you I have decided that I would love to be a pro and now I am striving forward to do so. To thoes of you who voted pro only I would have to say I am sorry you feel this way however I would like to say thank you for giving me some very valuable information and bringing out this love for nails I didn't know I felt so deeply about. One day I WILL become a pro and WILL do beautiful nails and will STILL give thanks to you for inspiring me.:hug:

People...PLEASE....ITS X-MAS TIME....there is no place for greed, selfishness, anger or what ever else on these days...why WE (Techs & untrained ones) cant live together nicely?...maybe it is only mine opinion, but if it was disturbing for someone that there were tooo many threads made by newbies with repeated questiones & threads for "showing off" nail art....then now its every 2nd thread about making site ONLY for profesionals or making out all the unqualified...or how much do we irritate one enother...

maybe it is enough?!...it is a healthy discussion, i understand...but it is sooo sad all people talking unhappy things in such ment to be merry time....

LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!:Love: :hug:

People...PLEASE....ITS X-MAS TIME....there is no place for greed, selfishness, anger or what ever else on these days...why WE (Techs & untrained ones) cant live together nicely?...maybe it is only mine opinion, but if it was disturbing for someone that there were tooo many threads made by newbies with repeated questiones & threads for "showing off" nail art....then now its every 2nd thread about making site ONLY for profesionals or making out all the unqualified...or how much do we irritate one enother...

maybe it is enough?!...it is a healthy discussion, i understand...but it is sooo sad all people talking unhappy things in such ment to be merry time....

LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!:Love: :hug:

Okay firstly I have edited out the rather personal remark you made. It is Christmas as you say so I do think your comment was uncalled for!

Secondly this thread was written over a year and a half ago before many of you were members and so you are not aware what prompted it being written.

Thirdly whether people like it or not this site IS aimed at the professionals in our industry where we can share ideas and knowledge to make our industry better. If we didn't try and push for better education for anyone who wants to do anything other than their own nails then frankly we may as well hang up our brushes and leave the industry to the NSS.

Fourthly we do not exclude the untrained, we try and inspire them, just as we have Kristina, and it is people like her that this site really welcomes. Those that want to move on from doing their own and take it to the next step and realise that training IS THE CORRECT AND MORAL WAY TO GO.

Frankly I do think we live nicely together BUT we are passionate about what we do, and I think youa re mistaking that passion for something negative? Sorry but I really don't see how you can consider your comments as constructive or helpful? I actually find them quite offensive to all the lovely people who inhabit this wonderful site.

I vote anyone, cuz to be here or u are professianal searching something new, or u are nail tech with missing enough knowledge, or u are interested about this job, so i think this site was making for this reasons and one day soon or later if we have passion for this job we all will be in same level:hug:

I too vote this place should be for anyone.
Many clients come on here, and it helps put their mind at rest to see what it is all about and what a service entails.

Knowing when a person is a professional is very difficult as we are all learning new things at time goes by. There was a thread a long time ago about this.

Some people pick up a file and slap a bit of L & P onto a nail and say they are trained, at least if they read threads on here they will be advised, and maybe do things safer and correctly.

*~* This site has helped me SO much w/different situations etc. I too began here just as a regular "joe-blow" that had been loving/doing my own nails for more years than I care to admit! But this place helped to inspire me to follow my dreams, go to school and get Licensed to become a Nail Tech:) The input from all of you is Wonderful and to be able to come here and look up things that perhaps someone else is dealing with and getting feedback is priceless. I want to personally Thank you all :hug: I passed my Board "written/law" this last week and just flew in last night from taking my Practical - Keep me in your thoughts that I have passed that as I won't know for a couple of weeks*

I think anyone should be allowed (slightly biased as I am a student) lol x but to be fair, if it was all professional. who would ask the qusetions? Would be a lot of the same if everyone was working at the same level x

Not only would it be impossible to do - it wouldnt ever be a good idea. There are countless that have been inspired to nail careers because of this site. What is the general public getting from this site? People talking about monomers and polymers and bitchy clients and lifting and prep and blahblahblah.

If I was Joe Blog off the street - I think there would be very little in it for me coming to this site.

Though I know your intentions are in the right place - it just couldnt and wouldnt happen :cry:
Just thought I would quote myself after a year and a half.

There is no way this site will be locked down to pros only. It would be impossible to do and totally impractical.

If it was pro only I think the community as it stands at the moment would diminish.

I originally voted 'anyone' and that still stands for me.

There used to be a Forum for Premiums only but it rarely got used, people generally post in the main forums.

How would you evaluate a tech that was a pro anyway? By the courses they had taken, by their length of service in a salon, IMO it just couldn't work and I like the site as it is.

Some hobbyists and trolls come on here from time to time, they come and they go, the good ones still remain whether clients, pros, juniors, seniors, trainees, grand masters, masters...... from all brands and at all levels.

No problem, the majority are here to help each other and build a community of like minded people and make friends.

I dont think so, I like that we are all at different levels.
1 The highly qualified
2 Experienced
3 Newbie
4 Wanting to train
5 People wanting Info
It makes it interesting, and anothing thing, the different countries all have different qualifications and so on, how would you verify that it is a qualified technician..
I like it the way it is, and if it is not broken why fix it.
Cheers
Rachel:hug:

im enormously happy to hear this site wont becom for Profesionals only...& You know why?...cause i think it helps people as it is now after all...

& me personally, got from here not only tons of inspiration & useful tips on some not too difficult things, but even my point of view has change for some key questions, yeah, like taking the courses...
before coming in here i did thought like many "unqualified but working techs" still do : what for i will pay more money, if i can learn everything myself...its unbelievabl how many people still think so & do work like that...aspecially in such small country, for example, like Lithuania...

& i dont think like that anymore, i found out there are so many important things i wouldnt even thought about myself...now i'm desperate in starting profesional trainings...

but even if i wouldn, talking to people from here already tought me many useful things, now i wont at least injure myself...

& that is far not the only thing I've learned in here...
not talking already about the mass of pleasure from talking to people who do love their work & do know what they r doing & dont ever take "obsession with nails" like something negative..that is the real joy...
& no matter how silly my coments & post sometimes look i wouldn't ever wanted to wound anyone or to spite..

i just wanted to say how implicitly grateful i am to all the people who are here & who are always ready to help & how much i love the this site & the fact what it is available to all the people...hope it will stay as this & further on...

well... it was my opinion...hope it won't bother anyone...(sorry in advance if it will...)..i was really talking from my heart...thats what i think...

i as a new member am just starting out in the nail bussiness and was so happy when i found this site and hope it's going to help me out a lot along me way. so i think anyone should be aloud to use it as peopel like myself will benifit from it alot!!!:rolleyes:

I don't see the problem with the site being open to all - maybe we shouldn't be gossiping about our clients anyway as we don't know who can come and visit.

We don't know who we all are in real life so to speak - what if you were "bitching" about a client and from what was said it turned out that she was say my sister. scary stuff.

I have learned in life that you should say nothing bad about anyone to anyone because you don't know who knows who in this world LOL.

It does keep our lips zipped when knowing that there might be your employees and 'or clients on here reading your posts about them. ;):eek:

I voted for any one as i am a student, only in my second week of training and have already found so much useful information aswell as assistance from all the other geeks on this site. For me it has been a godsend and whenever i feel like just giving up as it's getting to hard i come on here and have a read and a break from study and leave feeling so much better about things.
Dany

Latest posts

Back