Why is this happening? Frustrating!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamLR

Reaction score
Ive got back into doing nails over the last couple of months and recently ive noticed the tips of my acrylics snap on the sides and the other day i actually snapped off the whole top of the tip free edge! Ive also had a couple of clients tell me this has happened to one of their nails too. Why is this happening? Its really knocking my confidence! :(

I would guess that your apex is not right.
It could be in the wrong place or just not high enough to give enough support to the tip.

It could also be that your doing your free edge too thin.

I did think about it being too thin, I will make it slightly thicker and see how it goes. thanks

Did someone really have to tell you this for you to figure it out?

Forgive me, but you do have to learn to problem-solve for yourself. If something is a persistant problem, like tps breaking, then it seems pretty obvious what you need to do.

What are you going to do if you have a less obvious problem ... solve it yourself with some intelligence, or come to salon geek and ask?

Wow how rude are you! Sort out your attitude!

Wow how rude are you! Sort out your attitude!

:D
Don't like to hear the truth? Trust me ... there will be a hundred geeks who have read my post and who support exactly what I said. So ... who has the attitude, you or me? Learn to admit when you are wrong instead of attacking others.

Your profile indicates you started in this industry in 2004 ... and you cant figure this problem out on your own? After 8 years? Something is not right here. Perhaps you started in the hair industry in 2004. I wonder if someones hair was breaking off after bleaching would you come here to ask why this might be happening or would you know from your training?

Last edited:
That was really rude geeg she is only asking for abit of advice like most of us do its what salon geek is about all she needed was a bit of a boost like maybe practice more

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Oh no trust me, I totally appreciate what your saying its just HOW you say it, and that my friend is attitude! I dont think im wrong at all! This is a forum for me to ask questions in which I will do whether I think I already know the answer or not.

That was really rude geeg she is only asking for abit of advice like most of us do its what salon geek is about all she needed was a bit of a boost like maybe practice more

Thank you!x

Hi sam cant believe what iv just read,noticed ur an essex girl like me so if u ever want to meet for any practice my hands are yours :)

Hi sam cant believe what iv just read,noticed ur an essex girl like me so if u ever want to meet for any practice my hands are yours :)

I definitely didnt feel I deserved that kind of response so was rather shocked myself! Aww thanks hun really appreciate it! x

i thought the whole idea of a forum was a place for free exchange of ideas and support ! am i wrong ? sometimes a little support goes a long way :Love:keep the faith

i was shocked by how geeg choose to help ,oh well we all have off days ,move on

Last edited:
Have i missed halloween or something !!!!

How much more basic can you get than ... My clients nails are breaking ... what should I do? Ah ... make them stronger?

Nothing I actually said was rude unless pointing out the obvious is considered rude these days. ... the answer is obvious and if it is not, then something is very wrong somewhere.

Do rally round and offer support to the poster, very nice of you ... but every one of you could have figured out the answer on your own.

My new avatar?

picture.php

Salon geek is here so we can help each other out

U really are something else im not wasting my time on you sam was only doing what we all do on here no matter how big or small you are the weakest link goodbye

U really are something else im not wasting my time on you sam was only doing what we all do on here no matter how big or small you are the weakest link goodbye

Yep .. thats me, the weakest link on the forum.

Geeg is totaly right here , if i didnt have to share the stupid love i would have been one of the geeks rep-ing her for that post ,

the thing is with nails and clients is you DO need to be able to thing out side of the box , you DO need to be able to apply common scencse ,
and you DO need to be able to think quick while getting on with it ....

about 90% of nail clients dont have the perfect hands / feet , you will be faced with having to think fast regualy doing nails ,

you cant fall at the first hurdle, if your with a client you cant get up and run off ? , so if they are braking at the stress point you need to try to figure out what it could be your doing wrong before asking someone else IYSWIM ?

Yep .. thats me, the weakest link on the forum.

:biggrin: Well we all know how uninformed and how little time and effort you put in................ :wink2:

Don't be so sensitive! Gigi did write 'forgive me' so she wasn't being rude!!
As for the weakest link errrrr hardly!!! I appreciate the invaluable advice given by Gigi and the other geeks!!!

Latest posts

Back