Why is this happening? Frustrating!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow how rude are you! Sort out your attitude!

This is the rudest post on here by a long shot.

I am in total support of what Geeg said. All of it.

I'm in full agreement that the forum is here for support but it seems to me there have been several silly questions on here lately which peeps who had done their training simply would not be asking.

OK ..... can we get back on track with the actual question here about breaking tips.

What are the aplication techniques being used, and what is your apex like? What kind of tips are you using, are they well less?

Yes we may not like it when there is a bit of attitude, but we definitely do not need to then let it take over the whole thread. PM people if you want to direct comments straight to them.

So please get back to the question in hand, whilst I go make sure Toto is out of harms way ;) !!

OK ..... can we get back on track with the actual question here about breaking tips.

What are the aplication techniques being used, and what is your apex like? What kind of tips are you using, are they well less?

Yes we may not like it when there is a bit of attitude, but we definitely do not need to then let it take over the whole thread. PM people if you want to direct comments straight to them.

So please get back to the question in hand, whilst I go make sure Toto is out of harms way ;) !!

HERE HERE! I didnt bother to replying to other posts as there is no need! I did consider the tips. Ive been used the edge olympic types but thinking of changing over to pro impressions advanced to see if that helps along with thickening up the acrylic at the free edge

Pro Impressions tips are nice and thin, so more room for product.
However I would say if nails are snapping/breaking, it is the apex of the enhancement you need to sort out, not just thicken up the free edge.

Have you read over the tutorials here on the site about zone application I think you will find them very illuminating.

Pro Impressions tips are nice and thin, so more room for product.
However I would say if nails are snapping/breaking, it is the apex of the enhancement you need to sort out, not just thicken up the free edge.

Have you read over the tutorials here on the site about zone application I think you will find them very illuminating.

No I havent but would very much like to. Where can I find this?x

Did someone really have to tell you this for you to figure it out?

Forgive me, but you do have to learn to problem-solve for yourself. If something is a persistant problem, like tps breaking, then it seems pretty obvious what you need to do.

What are you going to do if you have a less obvious problem ... solve it yourself with some intelligence, or come to salon geek and ask?

I think this is a bit too harsh geeg.

The purpose of this forum is to seek help and advice amongst ourselves in the same industry whether we are seasoned professionals or just rookies. There is no need for such condesending comments to someone who is just in doubts. I personally find it very humiliating the way you say it. I don't think anyone would appreciate this kind of attitude.

The sole purpose of the tip is a platform to sculpt onto, so using a thicker tip won't be any help.
If the cracks are appearing at the sidewalls, then that is because the enhancement is bending at that point, to address this issue you need to make sure the apex is high enough and in the correct place. Ie. where it is being stressed/bending.

If the tips are chipping away and cracking then it is because zone 1 is too thin.
Making sure the tip is applied correctly will also create the right platform to sculpt the correct shape. If the tips are poor quality and cracking then this is likely to appear as a crack underneath on the tip itself which will eventually become a crack in the overlay.
If you think of a bridge, they are usually in the shape of an arch, this is because an arch is stronger (think back to physics) and is less likely to bend, the same applies to the nail, we are all trying to create natural thin enhancements. If you are too thin you cannot create the proper structure. HTH

The sole purpose of the tip is a platform to sculpt onto, so using a thicker tip won't be any help.
If the cracks are appearing at the sidewalls, then that is because the enhancement is bending at that point, to address this issue you need to make sure the apex is high enough and in the correct place. Ie. where it is being stressed/bending.

If the tips are chipping away and cracking then it is because zone 1 is too thin.
Making sure the tip is applied correctly will also create the right platform to sculpt the correct shape. If the tips are poor quality and cracking then this is likely to appear as a crack underneath on the tip itself which will eventually become a crack in the overlay.
If you think of a bridge, they are usually in the shape of an arch, this is because an arch is stronger (think back to physics) and is less likely to bend, the same applies to the nail, we are all trying to create natural thin enhancements. If you are too thin you cannot create the proper structure. HTH

It tends to break on a corner of the free edge??

That does help a lot, thank you :)

Thank you both!

As in where the free edge joins the tip along the line where tehtip would be attached to the nail plate, or diagonally eg from the sidewall to the middle say of the end of the free edge/tip?

Just out of question, have you ever read one of Gigi's books? (geeg)
I would take absolutely every single bit of info she gives me on board.
She is an absolute genius of nails, maybe sometimes you should think about who your talking to and their experience before you reply...

She is an absolute genius of nails, maybe sometimes you should think about who your talking to and their experience before you reply...

Ill happily take any advice given from people in the nail industry. However wont keep quiet when being spoke to like s**t or talked down to, even from an "absolute genius" simple as really.

Ill happily take any advice given from people in the nail industry. However wont keep quiet when being spoke to like s**t or talked down to, even from an "absolute genius" simple as really.

Don't be such a baby ... No one spoke to you like s**t and if you feel you were being talked down to then maybe you have realised how silly your post was. You can post and bluster all you want but it doesn't change that.

Better not read the helpful tutorials then .... You might realise that I wrote both of them. :biggrin:

Definitely read her books you will soon find out she actually is a genius of nails!
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Look, it's her way. Get used to it.

Some may find her brusque and officious, others find her direct and honest. I prefer this approach as it's similar to my own. I can't be doing with this stroky/flowery touchy/feely, lovely/darling hun stuff - it doesn't make you think, it doesn't help you learn. Geeg has made almost 25000 posts. You've made less than 70, you don't know each other. Don't take it personally, she's trying to get you to think for yourself. None of us are there to help when a client is at your desk saying her tips have all come off. Your client sure as hell won't keep coming back if you can't come up with the answer, and quick.

Now stop commenting on how you feel talked down to and read those tutorials, they will help with your problem, which after all, is what you were after in the first place. You'll find them written by someone who gives freely of her time and experience.

How much more basic can you get than ... My clients nails are breaking ... what should I do? Ah ... make them stronger?

Nothing I actually said was rude unless pointing out the obvious is considered rude these days. ... the answer is obvious and if it is not, then something is very wrong somewhere.

Do rally round and offer support to the poster, very nice of you ... but every one of you could have figured out the answer on your own.

My new avatar?

picture.php
Sorry i dont have any words of wisdom Butthe new avatar suggestion,made me laugh out loud!!

Sorry i dont have any words of wisdom Butthe new avatar suggestion,made me laugh out loud!!

Does anyone see the large phallic shadow or is it just me :)

Latest posts

Back