Win the raffle today!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I was thinking on the way home tonight...

Things are going pretty OK with Doug Schoons raffle for Breast Cancer. We are beating www.beautytech.com (not bad considering the USA has a population 4x bigger than ours and 10 times more nail techs). However they are still kind of catching up.

So... How can we heat things up a bit and maximise our lead (more importantly... how do we raise more money to fight Breast Cancer?).

Then it came to me (kind of).

I will draw a ticket from all raffle tickets purchased (and paid for) between now and 6pm tomorrow and give that person free 2 hours of one to one training.

So... you could buy more tickets over the next 24 hours... have a better chance at winning one of Doug Schoons prizes on December 15th, fight Breast Cancer, AND have a chance at getting a couple hours of free one to one training with lil ol me. All for as little as 50pence!

To be eligible to win the 1-2-1 training, you must be able to cart your butt up to the Leeds Acadmey on a date the winner and I will work out after the drawing, be a professional nail tech, and be able to get your bad self home afterward.

If you cant do that... dont let that stop you buying tickets... I will randomly draw another until we find someone who can.

Remember... the drawing for the 1-2-1 training will be from all tickets purchased (and paid for) between November 18th @ 6pm GMT until November 19th @ 6pm GMT. That means that only tickets purchased electronically through PayPal* can be accepted for this special drawing as there isnt time to post a freaking cheque ;)

Even if you dont win the 1-2-1 your tickets will still be in the main drawing on the 15th and you could win big.

Lets kick Breast Cancer in the tush.

nJoy - I hope this pushes the totals up a tad.

*remember that you dont even have to have a PayPal account to buy tickets cia PayPal... you can simply buy the tickets wth a credit or debit card via PayPal.

I will draw a ticket from all raffle tickets purchased (and paid for) between now and 6pm tomorrow and give that person free 2 hours of one to one training.

Now theres an incentive to buy more tickets nice 1 gmg

Thats what I am hoping!

so far its not working ;)

hello? hello? is this thing on? :wink2:

I just bought another 10, it certainly worked for me lol

OOh........Ive got a form and cheque in my bag all ready to post.....think i will go the paypal route now!! could certainly do with winning that prize!! LOL x

:rolleyes: oh sure torment the outsiders...lol...proud to be an american :green: but sure wish I was a 5 min drive from Leeds right now!! I will be pacified if you give Samantha a big hug from me next time you see her!! :hug:

I need it ... so I am gonna win it :wink2: and another 10 tickets is good anyway :)

FingerNailFixer said:
:rolleyes: oh sure torment the outsiders...lol...proud to be an american :green: but sure wish I was a 5 min drive from Leeds right now!! I will be pacified if you give Samantha a big hug from me next time you see her!! :hug:
right back at ya Holly :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bless Holly. Im still proud to be made in the USA :)

Ill see her Saturday when she gets back from California and will send your love

Wow - just got another tenners worth!

You can buy as many as ye like girls but we all know I'm gonna win it!!! *fingers crossed* :wink2:

oh jackie hun you're in the wrong country !! lol dont worry i'll take your place for you ! xx

ooo. Maybe Ill have to come to you then Jackie ;)

I love Dublin!

Y'see!!! Y'see!!! The Gods are on my side already!!!!! :lol:

Worked for me too - great idea !!

Hey GMG.....great bribe!!!! :D

I have just purchased another batch....even though I am having a c**p week at work, but I figure your week would be a whole lot worse if you had breast cancer :sad:

I hope you have received my cheque for the first lot....it hasn't cleared at the bank :?:

And ladies.....you just know it's my name on the winning ticket!!! :wink2: Anything to breath the air across the River Tamar and return to civilization if only for a short time!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :hug:

Sassy Hassy said:
Wow - just got another tenners worth!
If my name's pulled out for the raffle will you go in my place Sarah? (I know I won't be in Leeds anytime soon....I'm not sure if I'll make there in this lifetime!)

Blimey Jeni!! Ask a silly question!! Would I go in your place? YOU SURE BET I WOULD!!!!!!!! Thank you for your loverly kindly offer, really generous of you hun.

ahhhhh Sam this is so frustrating, just went to paypal and it says it's unavailable as it is undergoing weekly maintenance :sad: :sad:

Nikki said:
I hope you have received my cheque for the first lot....it hasn't cleared at the bank :?:
All cheques wont clear until I send them off after the raffle (December 15th). After the raffle closes, I will send all cheques (and a cheque for the PayPal purchases) to Doug who will then send them to the Foundation.

You can see if I have your cheque by viewing your public profile (quick links->my profile). Scroll towards the bottom and you will see how many charity tickets I have record of you purchasing. In fact, everyone should check this figure to make sure that it is accurate. A couple of members did not fully complete the PayPal process and therefore it charged them but did not update this site. It is taking quite awhile to match those up now so double check!!!
You also want to check if your sending in a cheque as it sounds like the Post office is wigging out.

PM me if you think it isnt matching up.

COME ON GUYS!!!! I WANT TO HIT 2,000 TICKETS BY 6PM GMT TONIGHT!!!!

Latest posts

Back