Winner of the Ring of the Geek Challege

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all learn from this mistake, making sure it never happens again and know and understand the rules before posting.
That is why us mods took a lot of time and effort to post these rules so it would be fair to everyone.

If you are not up and able to continue running the competition, It would be wise to hand it off to someone else who is ...right ladies?:|
Congrats to the winners. Both Rings show quite the talent.

I'm not sure who this is meant for but I did post the rules of the comp in a thread, this was done correctly as per the rules we were given by the mods.

The ring challenge was only ever meant to have 3 rounds and a head to head so it has now finished apart from the head to head so no need to hand it over to someone else.

If you are not up and able to continue running the competition, It would be wise to hand it off to someone else who is ...right ladies?:|

I too dont understand this comment ???
rachel has done her bit, She has done this for everybody else, not herself,
she has nothing to gain from doing this, and I bet some of the comments have made her wonder why she bothered,
has anybody stopped to consider that?

If this comment about handing the position over is refering to the night she was poorly, then surely it would have been more work , to find someone else to take on the role, than to just put the pictures up

I was taking to rachel when she was worrying over what to do as she hadnt recieved pictures,
it is not her fault that geeks never did nails too,
(im not having a go about there not being nails in btw..when it was my go i forgot too, and had to do one within 10 minutes)
rachel was very poorly, and I think she deserves a big pat on the back for organising this even when she wasn't well ,

whats the big thing with it being in the wrong forum, why wasnt it just reported to a mod, and moved if thats the case,

and yet again , another thoughtful thread and geek has almost turned into something negative

can we close this thread ......as now the point of " who did what " is now old?....
we all know the rules....I'm sure it won't happen again.....
and am sure in the head to head it will all be correct.......

Ring with nails......

:hug::hug::hug:

We can all learn from this mistake, making sure it never happens again and know and understand the rules before posting.
That is why us mods took a lot of time and effort to post these rules so it would be fair to everyone.

Congrats to the winners. Both Rings show quite the talent.

Before this thread does get closed, I would like to add, Rachel and Mrs Clooney have worked very hard on this competition, as have the entrants, and like the mods, took alot of time and effort to run this.

Yes Rachel was ill but still took the time to do the best she could( Mrs C is on holiday), and at the end of the day it was supposed to be fun :irked:

Ladies, I think everyone needs to take a step back and stop getting so defensive, a set of rules were given by the mods and they were not adhered too, no point in having rules if we dont abide by them now is there. So lets just wrap this one up and put it to bed before it turns into a silly argument that the site doesn't need.

Ladies, I think everyone needs to take a step back and stop getting so defensive, a set of rules were given by the mods and they were not adhered too, no point in having rules if we dont abide by them now is there. So lets just wrap this one up and put it to bed before it turns into a silly argument that the site doesn't need.

I did adhere to the rules. There is a sticky in the main nails forum that outlined to rules as we were told by the mods.

they are both fab ,, well done to both girls xxxx

Fair point Jac, but my point is this, there are people commenting on this thread that do not know the full circumstances of the situation but are more than willing to jump down someones throat, sorry but that is wrong. If someone is shall we say "off" to you do you just sit back and take it? No I don't think so, this is playground stuff and tbh is quite appalling.

There are certain geeks on here that can say what they like and "get away with it", because no-one wants to challenge them, what's good for the goose and all that........

Last time I looked we were all entitled to our opinions :rolleyes:

These comps are meant for fun and to create harmony not disruption

It looks as though I upset the apple cart. Sorry to those who took it so personal. Please Don't!
When I posted:
I am merely repeating what Sandi Also said.
The point is this... the rules are there for a reason, the moderators spent some time making sure that we had some guidelines for competitions and challenges so that EVERYONE knew where they stood before entering.
So why is everyone getting so upset with me? I know you guys don't know me because I am new and I have forever felt that I have had to "prove" myself to you guys to be accepted. But My posts are reflections of other posts.
So It goes that I said this in response to Rachel's :
I was ill the week of the challenge, when I posted the poll I was tired and just posted it where I posted the last ring challenge. At the time I hadn't even noticed that there were no nails in the pictures, I was just pleased to get some pics for the challenge.
My Response:
This is NOT meant that she did a horrid job.
Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back