Winner of the Ring of the Geek Challege

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
Well done to both entrants this week.

Pic one was nail-chick and pic 2 was melissaq.

WELL DONE TO MELISSAQ for winning this weeks challenge.

We will PM the 3 winners regarding the head to head when Mrs Clooney gets back from her jolly's.​

Thanks to all who entered, your work was truly inspiring.​

Rachel xx​

Attachments

• ring challenge 010.jpg
    ring challenge 010.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 476
  • Ring Pic 1_edited.jpg
    Ring Pic 1_edited.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 488
Well done mellissaq :hug:

Congratulations Melissaq.

These are very clever, they are all great to see.

XX J XX

i was ring #1. i'd like to thank ladybgemini for asking me to enter this challenge.
congratulations melissaq! your ring is beautiful and the colors are great!
good luck in th next round!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Well done- they were both great

well done!!!!!! xxxx

Both rings are fabulous and well done to everyone!

The only thing which concerns me is that I thought this was a nail forum - why aren't there any nails included in the entries? (Sorry I may not be in the loop but just had to ask.):confused:

The only thing which concerns me is that I thought this was a nail forum - why aren't there any nails included in the entries? (Sorry I may not be in the loop but just had to ask.):confused:

Yes I'm also a bit confused because the rules stated 5 nails and a ring.
Well done though the rings were fab.

Well done both of you, thought they were both great.

May be with how time precious we all are at the minute folks will struggle to get a set of nails and a ring done - could have lead to the lack of entries coming forward.

Well done to all that have put effort in on all 3 rounds though.

It should have been 5 nails and a ring lol but this weeks challenge was just that for everyone involved. The 5 geeks that were selected (the last 5 we had, no reserves) were very busy with baby showers, holidays and work commitments and one poor geek was poorly poorly sicksick :hug:.

Rachel xx

thanks everybody!:hug::hug:
Nailchick yours was great as well.....:hug::hug:.....
Must not have read all the rules......:rolleyes:.....
Promise in the next round there will be the ring and 5 nails......:)...my little brain is already thinking!

It should have been 5 nails and a ring lol but this weeks challenge was just that for everyone involved. The 5 geeks that were selected (the last 5 we had, no reserves) were very busy with baby showers, holidays and work commitments and one poor geek was poorly poorly sicksick :hug:.

Rachel xx
Thanks for clarifying Rachel but this is the 'Nail' geek forum so would have thought nails should be the main emphasis of any competition and if they don't feature it shouldn't be a competition for the 'Nail' forum.

rachel, don't worry, i did the same thing!
at least the only two in this part of the competition did the same thing and could be judged on the same level.
well, i had to do mine last minute and i figured that acrylic used for nails would qualify on this site.
sorry, we all make mistakes!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

rachel, don't worry, i did the same thing!
at least the only two in this part of the competition did the same thing and could be judged on the same level.
well, i had to do mine last minute and i figured that acrylic used for nails would qualify on this site.
sorry, we all make mistakes!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Good thing I was thinking the same as you! :hug:....was real busy ......but I committed and had to squeeze this in.....and thought ...acrylic....nails....I should be ok.....next time I'll have to read the rules better....:rolleyes:...don't see what the big deal is.....next comp will be correct .........as we all KNOW the rules now from all previous post....

don't see what the big deal is.....next comp will be correct .........as we all KNOW the rules now from all previous post....
The point is this... the rules are there for a reason, the moderators spent some time making sure that we had some guidelines for competitions and challenges so that EVERYONE knew where they stood before entering.

ladybgemini said:
they then have a week to do their nails and ring... (quote taken from the initial thread) click here to read it in full

hth's

I just need to say that yes the two entrants didnt produce nails to go with the rings but this challenge was a nightmare for the people involved, the two geeks that did send pictures in worked hard on their entries and for that I am truly grateful.

I was ill the week of the challenge, when I posted the poll I was tired and just posted it where I posted the last ring challenge. At the time I hadn't even noticed that there were no nails in the pictures, I was just pleased to get some pics for the challenge.

It it is that much of a problem, that there are no nails in the pictures, move the thread to chit chat and then problem solved.

I really don't want people to be getting upset and I appreciate all the hard work you put in Rachel. I have also aready congratulated nail-chick and melissaq on their lovely rings - WELL DONE GIRLS!:)

Not a prob for me - i know how hard and time consuing it is to produce a ring - let alone the matching nails!! All in the space of a week, fitting in with jobs and kids and other stuff!

Both designs were 'ring only' which made it fair - so its not as if one person wasn't pulling their weight so to speak. xx

I think they are both awesome, but especially love the second. Am wondering how you managed to get the squares so square, must have taken ages to do. I couldn't even manage a half decent single colour, nothing special ring. It broke on the first day, too thin and too narrow. Anyway well done.

We can all learn from this mistake, making sure it never happens again and know and understand the rules before posting.
That is why us mods took a lot of time and effort to post these rules so it would be fair to everyone.

If you are not up and able to continue running the competition, It would be wise to hand it off to someone else who is ...right ladies?:|
Congrats to the winners. Both Rings show quite the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back