Workwear dilemma!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holistikat

Reaction score
Hi

I have a little dilemma involving workwear. I normally wear smart black trousers, and a beauty tunic, or occasionally an embroidered tshirt.

However I'm loosing weight at the moment, iv lost 2 stone and have several more to go. My current work trousers are just too big and can't possibly be bending down for pedis etc in them, iv just gone to try a pair I was slimming down into and yay they fit, but they are 3/4s doh!

So I'm left with the option of jeans and embroidered logo tshirt, or leggings and tunic (not beauty tunic tho, its a smart cream and black tunic).

Which is more acceptable? Ill feel very casual in jeans and embroidered logo tshirt, and although smarter in tunic and leggings I won't neccessarily look professional!

I can try and nip and get smaller trousers in between clients tomo but to be honest my beauty tunics are getting big too, and with having so much to lose (and it IS coming off) I might be better sticking with leggings and free flowing tops, than to keep buying tunics in smaller and smaller sizes!

Opinions would be welcome x

I think you should wear what ever you feel comfy in and given that your loosing weight show it off!

I wear either skinny black jeans with a colour top that matches my shop or leggings with a beauty tunic or just a long black or orange top (colours of
My salon)

I always feel comfy and I think so long as you look presentable and your clean and you have ironed everything and your hair and make up looks Good then wear what you feel is best for you. Obviously you will know not to wear normal coloured jeans because that (IMO) looks too casual or garish tops.

Congrats on the weight loss btw good for you x x x

I always wear leggings!! They are soo comfortable and easy to work in!! I wear them with a beauty tunic and I think they look professional! And on the plus size I think I have some leggings that are a size 8 and some that size 16 and lots I between and they all fit me!! Lol so great if your weight is fluctuating!!

Hi, I've just lost 33lbs over the last year so know exactly where your coming from! Leggings and a black tunic have been my uniform of choice, comfy, practical, smart and convenient, also easy to replace as you continue to drop sizes!

Congratulations on your fantastic loss! Want a giggle? Check this pic out haha ... Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352602307.816564.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352602307.816564.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 221
Thank you so much ladies! At the moment I would feel self concious in leggings and my beauty tunic as it isn't long enough to cover my thighs which are still chunky! Lol.

I think ill go for leggings and a long top for today, and I'm going to hunt down some long plain black tops and ask my sister to embroider my logo on as she has her own embroidery/personalised gifts business.

Hi what about a dress? we have just got the new season ones from florence roby and not only are they flattering they are very comfortable too and I just wear thick black tights with mine ( my weight moves between a 14 and an 18) hope this helps

leggings and a tunic would look alot smarter.

primark and some of the supermarkets have some great dresses, leggings, tops that wouldnt break the bank while you are losing weight but would look very smart x

Thank you ladies, I went with a long tunic/top and leggings today.

Im going to look at beauty dress or longer tunics as i think you can get away with those being a bit looser and can wear tights with them.

Congratulations on the weight loss!!!

Black pants and a plain black top would still look smart. Both can be bought for less than a tenner in Primark, Tesco, Asda etc so won't break the bank as you buy smaller sizes xx

Latest posts

Back