Would having a tattoo put clients off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
Hi

I am thinking of getting a tattoo on my wrist saying 'only god can judge me' do you think this saying would put clients off or offend them?

I cant see why, but everyone is diffrent, I am currently getting a psalm on my back, looking at 21, or hebrews 11:1,,,but my clients cant see this,,

xx

I have a tattoo on both inner arms, one is a cherry blossom and the other is thai translation of "what goes around come around" - I work for myself doing beauty and have never had anyone comment negatively.
Also I have just got a part time job working for a cookery school, teaching kids healthy eating. The lady that runs the school didn't mention my tattoos at all!!
I think its all personal choice! If you do get one just make sure you are sure, I have a few that I hate now!!

xx

I dont think her concern was about getting a tattoo, but whether the 'only god can judge me' line would put people off.

To be honest if a client is offended by your personal choice of religion then they can jog on, as you dont need them as a client. Youre not preaching, youre not saying anything inflammatory, so I would wear it proudly if that is who you are. No different to wearing a star of david or a cross in my book.

I wouldn't imagine it would offend really BUT I rememberer working with a company years ago that wouldn't employ anyone with tattoos, then some time later relented and said they had to be covered up. One of the male therapist quit as he used his forearms a lot for the massage and couldn't work bare armed so to speak.

rachael204 do you have a pic of the what goes around comes around tattoo?

yeah i was more concerned about the saying than where i want to get it. i want the tattoo to run from the side of the hand and up my arm a bit if it needs to but only start it from half way on my hand so i could possibly cover it with a long top or cardigan if i need to

hey beautyw, I couldn't add it on the thread so it is on my profile x

I've got about 16 over my back, arms and feet and all I get is good comments from clients lol

Dunno, but I don't judge others, but according to other posts on this forum people are afraid of homosexuals and having services done by others less than "NORMAL", so maybe by having a tattoo, they may think you are a lesbian and think less of you,
Such a conundrum in such a narrow minded world apparently, thankfully I never think of such trivial things as who my technician sleeps with in their private life, I only care about how good they are at what they do.
Get your tattoo done and do the clients that come to you, demonstrate how good you are and "ignore the ignorant".

Ive got two wee tattoos on my feet and three large ones on my body too.

I got them done in places which are discreet, so I can choose if people see them or not, it was my personal choice. Now when my top rides up a bit, a client will say "oooh whats that!!" and ill show them and generally theyare fascinated!

If your concern is the actual saying, I wouldnt want a client like that. I have never come accross with anyone who has as much of a negative view as that.

Although I have been called disgusting for having my tongue pierced. Silly moo. I said to her i'd rather my child had her tongue pierced than a heroine addiction but that didnt go down too well.

Good luck and post some pics of it! I'm going back to get more work done asap!!!

Dunno, but I don't judge others, but according to other posts on this forum people are afraid of homosexuals and having services done by others less than "NORMAL", so maybe by having a tattoo, they may think you are a lesbian and think less of you,
Such a conundrum in such a narrow minded world apparently, thankfully I never think of such trivial things as who my technician sleeps with in their private life, I only care about how good they are at what they do.
Get your tattoo done and do the clients that come to you, demonstrate how good you are and "ignore the ignorant".

I totally agree with what you have said its nobodys business .

Ruby x

If it does bother anyone by what you want to have written, then they should not really voice their opinions on it should they? That would be like them having saying something negative about the way you have your hair or something.

If it offends them (say atheist) then so be it, let them get on with it and you just do what you want to do. It's not as if you're getting one saying **** off is it?

i had a HD mate of mine that had BUNT in huge capitals (think c instead) but on his finger...hehe! the amount of complaints he got was crazy, in the end he had to strap it over with plaster, but he wasnt bad at his job, really good. I say go for it, YOU like it and YOU want it! FORGET what anyone else says! xoxo

Hmmm this is what I am wondering too! I am wanting one on my wrist and it's a huge decision to make as once its there your stuck with it.

Latest posts

Back