Xen tan too light! Many complaints arrghhh!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j+d's

Reaction score
hi.
recently there was a post concerning xentan spray tan solution not being as dark as it has been previously. i would like to know if there is anyone else out there who has found xentan lighter than it used to be. i am onto my third bottle now and iam getting nothing but complaints about it not being as dark as the last time i sprayed them.
i have mentioned this to xen tan when i got a call off them a few weeks back and they insisted that nothing has been changed with the solution and have no idea why it doesnt seem to be as dark. they said they would send out a sample so i could compare but i never recieved it.
its really getting to me now:cry:

Hi

Where have you stored your solution? If the solution is stored in an area that exposes it to heat and light it weakens the DHA and you get a lighter tan development than expected. This also happens on old products as DHA typically has a short shelf life.

I am sure if you call Xen Tan they will have a reason behind the problems you are experiencing.

Kate x

hi, i store all my solution in a cool box in my outhouse where it is quite cold. i also give solution a good shake before using

hi, i store all my solution in a cool box in my outhouse where it is quite cold. i also give solution a good shake before using

If the solution is not at room temperature when you actually spray, it does not adhere and absorb into the skin as usual. We have noticed this here in Australia where we recommend solution is stored in a fridge when the temperature is expected to be warm.

It is imperative that that the solution is taken back to room temperature prior to spraying. It may well be the solution you have been spraying is too cold.

I've been speaking to another salongeek user who's decided to start boosting her XenTan solution up with booster drops for the same reason (see my visitor messages!).

So I don't think you're alone in finding this.

Nope not alone at all! I had it done the other day and it wasnt how I wanted it at all! Not dark enough!

hi again, just an update!
ive contacted xen tan about this problem and they have asked me to send a sample from both of the bottles for testing. i have lost quite alot of money now due to the solution not working. if anyone else has this problem it may be worth sending a sample.
i will report back as soon as i know the outcome of the testing.

Hi there I received a new batch of Xen tan last week, had a spray tan myself with it and can definitely confirm it's much lighter. They have definitely changed it, not only is the colour guide more honey coloured rather than olive toned they've definitely reduced the dha level. I've used Xen tan for nearly three years now so definitely know when something's up and this isn't the first time something's not been right with the solution. I'm going to ring them tomorrow to complain because I don't think it's right to change the solution and not tell the customer - at the end of the day it's my livelihood that's at stake.

I thought It was just the colour guide that had changed, unfortunatly dont have a lot of spray tan clients yet, but I have noticed it is slightly lighter than the norm I'm calling them 2mrw too! lol I'm the bootser drop geek :) tried adding 10 drops no change, then another 10 to the 70 out the 100ml I started with still no change. Plus the new Xen tan absloute dark was pants IMO had to apply over 2 days still not as dark as a double application of the spray. After applying the spray with the booster drops then applying dark absloute nice colour but to be honest I want to be able to tan once and be as dark (no orange so skin can handle it) well more drops to be added for this weeks tan! lol xx

hi sarah,

i think all of their products are pants. ive tried most of them now and i find the dark lotion to be the better one.
I phoned xen tan yesterday to see if they had tested my solution yet. they said that there is definatly nothing wrong with the solution and it must be the clients not exfoliating etc.. i said this is not the case as i have also been using it on myself and have found that i hardly change at all. i was told to try double spray to go darker but ive also tried this. i have also found that the booster drops dont really do much either. she also explained to me that the guide colour had been changed but it should not affect the outcome of the tan.
ive lost quite a bit of money now due to refunds and solution that i can no longer use due to it not working. i was told that i could not have a refund as there is nothing wrong with the product, iam really p*****d off now.
i will not be buying any more of their products. i will stick to suntana solution from now on.

Hmm... interesting - and quite sad as I have been using it for a long while and was due to order more, but I think I'll wait, or find something else.
Shame really.

Thanks for the info Geeks xx

If the solution is not at room temperature when you actually spray, it does not adhere and absorb into the skin as usual. We have noticed this here in Australia where we recommend solution is stored in a fridge when the temperature is expected to be warm.

It is imperative that that the solution is taken back to room temperature prior to spraying. It may well be the solution you have been spraying is too cold.

here in the UK due to the considerably milder weather we get compared to you downunders storing solution in fridges is seldom needed...especially at this time of year brrrrrrrrr :eek::lol::hug:

Solutions are generally stored at room temperature :hug:

I got a sample of it while I was trying to decide which solution to go for & I didn't like it at all, thought it was far too light ...couldn't understand all the hype about it being so dark ...ah well guess good marketing can get you anywhere!

I definitelty think that the solution has changed. It's so disappointing as I have a loyal clientele for Xen tan.

I got samples from Xen tan and also from a lovely geek as I had to wait soooo long for them to send me some. There is a massive difference between the samples and when I ordered my gallon of Xentan.

At one point of this year, Xentan had sold out completely and you had to wait weeks for any supply. I wonder whether they were re-formulating it then>

Not good at all and I just might not restock it....:mad:

Well I called in today as usual I cannot fault the customer service at all, getting sent out a bottle to send the soloution back. Was assured that it was only colour guide that had changed, I did say that I have been speaking to other professionals on SG who have all had the same problems since guide had been changed at perhaps could there have been a dodgy batch ?
Really really diappointed as Xen Tan seemed to be the only tan I could put more on and not go orange!
Does anyone know of any other soloutions like Xen tan started as? just as going a higher DHA % with most other tans turns me into an oompa loompa :lol: If I cant get the booster drops to work and there is nothing wrong with soloution I will unfortunatley have to get another soloution for my pale clients.
Also said about the dark luxe and because most people have been raving about it (dark skinned folks not corned beef blue like me I think! :)) they dont seem to be concerned with us who have thought it was not dark even after 2 applications! or about or problems with soloution I do depair! lol

Well I called in today as usual I cannot fault the customer service at all, getting sent out a bottle to send the soloution back. Was assured that it was only colour guide that had changed, I did say that I have been speaking to other professionals on SG who have all had the same problems since guide had been changed at perhaps could there have been a dodgy batch ?
Really really diappointed as Xen Tan seemed to be the only tan I could put more on and not go orange!
Does anyone know of any other soloutions like Xen tan started as? just as going a higher DHA % with most other tans turns me into an oompa loompa :lol: If I cant get the booster drops to work and there is nothing wrong with soloution I will unfortunatley have to get another soloution for my pale clients.
Also said about the dark luxe and because most people have been raving about it (dark skinned folks not corned beef blue like me I think! :)) they dont seem to be concerned with us who have thought it was not dark even after 2 applications! or about or problems with soloution I do depair! lol

hi sarah, i find suntana is a really nice solution. the 10% cherry scented solution is probably more like xen tan. its a lovely colour and is not orangy at all. they currently have 10% off everything on their website at the min. they do a trial pack of 3 different dha's maybe you should try this instead. i will not be ordering any more solution from xentan ever again its totally overated. suntana is really cheap as well!!:lol:

This is worrying, Ive just ordered some dark absolute luxe cream! Been dying to try it and now worried its not going to be as good as i'd hoped. Anyone else used it and not been impressed?

We use couture. Very natural. We also tried Xen tan as we wanted to aim for a more olive natural tan. Couture fitted the bill. Why not ask for samples.

orchid it may be fine on you, I really do think it depends on your skin tone to start with, its looked great after using mist intense them topping up but I cant be bothered with all the faff!
Think I'm gonna try some new soloutions as It is expensive compared to some tans but if it going to start losing me clients because its not dark enough well hey ho got to be done I suppose the wear off is fab and has no parabens or alcohol so need to find something similar and again something I can apply one be dark and not orange and so the fun begins :lol: xx

It's very sticky... I've bought the gallon of it as first order they said I couldn't order the smaller size ...Not really going well every one saying it too light on legs, and I'm re- spraying people .. Just had a bride have a free trial. She said didn't like it too sticky too light . and would I spray her with her can of Sally Hanson..!! After I just paid €200 to order this stuff .I'm not Happy !

Latest posts

Back