You do everyone else's nails but what about yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink sparkles

Reaction score
Well as the title says really. I used myself as a practise model during my training and did a really good (if i say so myself lol) full set the other week so i've kept them on and have been using different colours etc. But this week I have done 6 sets on family as practise until I get my full kit at olympia next month and right now they are just bare acrylic as the colour just got rubbed/filed off and I have another 2 sets to do tomorrow.

What do you all do with your nails?

What do I do with my own nails?

I GO INSANE:eek:

lol

I HATE doing my own nails. Reasons?
1- It's a bloody struggle doing them, turning my arm this way and that way (usually nail myself at least ONCE with the efile on my right hand... ugh), and I'm NOT ambidextrous, so my right hand is wonky and usually suffers lift on right side of the last 3 fingers.
2- I can never do anything fancy or intricate on myself, same old boring crap because again, not ambidextrous and so can't repeat design on my right hand
3- Because I'm a busy mom and a busy tech, although I prefer to do them every 2 wks, they only get done every 3 or 4 grrrrrrrrrr:irked:
4- My 'lines' are never as nice as my clients because to file my own hands is so terribly awkward and can't get the angle right ugh

IF there was another good tech in my town, who had a clean salon and diplomas etc... conscientious ...talented... I would go there in a HEARTBEAT to save myself the aggravation of doing my own nails, no matter the price :lol:

BUT we're choc-full of NSS or they only do tip-n-dip...................

Sooo for now, I'll keep struggling LOL

I absolutely dislike doing my own nails. I like to have nice natural looking nails but i need to have an overlay on them to keep them in good shape. I don´t have the time to go and see another nailtech since i´m too booked up myself and there aren´t many that do nails on the day when i´m off. I have been thinking about keeping them short and natural sometimes just to skip all this fuss :)

I do full sets on my nails in 30 minutes using PopIts nearly all of the time. I maintain them by hand after that ... I hate spending time doing my own nails so PopIts are a godsend for me and many other nail technicians; no buffing, no hassle no time wasting.

I always do my own nails, i havent had someone do my nails since i was in school and we HAD to lol. Im way too picky! besides that, i do all my testing on myself, trying new products and techniques, all that fun stuff... then i practice on my guinea pigs and then finally it'll graduate to being available to clients:)

Oh I love doing my nails thats the thing lol, I get bored watching tv etc and could sit there with different colour polishes (and now acrylic) for hours! Although I primarily use my right hand, I've got so used to having to use my left hand for polishing etc and can do both hands so I guess that does make a difference.

I think ill just have to resign myself to being plain when I officially launch the business next month and til then keep painting n taking it off when it gets damaged.

i luv luv luv doing my nails :) i change mine every 2 weeks iv never done a rebalance on myself cos i get to bored easily, the only thing i hate is that one finger on my left hand is never shiney because i scratch it all the time filing other peoples lol. iv not had my nails done either by anyone else since i qualified, suppose it would be nice for a wee treat sometime to sit and relax and let someone else do the work :) (but im quite picky also lol)

Always do my own, infact apart from training, iv never had anyone touch my nails! Would be nice to one day be the client and sit and relax :green:

It's a bit of a chore but I think it's good advertisment...

I am about to start training so have been using my own hands to practice on alongside my trainer hand. I am left handed so find a lot of the books and such only ever explain for right handed people ( apart from Geeg's which does tell you to swip round the other way)

I find it easier to practice on myself asnd have always enjoyed painting and decorating my natural nails too - can't wait to get training over and done with so I can put the theory onto someone elses hands though :)

Latest posts

Back