Young nails lifting HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweeboo

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm using YN liquid and powder, I do sculpting but I find when my clients come back for infills or rebalance most have lifting. I think I take the shine off the natural nail enough before prep and I apply protein bond but still I get lifting. YN train you to use the efile to remove shine but I hate the idea of using this on a natural nail so don't know what I'm doing wrong?

I've noticed on gregs new video he puts the hand under a uv lamp for 1min after applying protein bond, anybody know why?

Cheers
James xx

I can't imagine why you are getting lifting. I have used these products for 2 years now and have never had any lifting at all.

I have never used my exile on the natural nail as I feel the same way as you do about that.

If it is only odd clients that have lifting then apply 2 coats of Protein Bond on them, if it is everyone then I think there must be another problem.

If you have not had problems before with your CND or Entity I just can't see why you would now. I switched from CND to Youngster and the ratio just suited me better. I have not seen Greg use a UV lamp with Protein Bond before so can't comment on that.

Hi James I've only seen Greg use the uv lamp with gel, proteine bond should be wet and sticky before you use l+p and acts like double sided sticky tape.x

Hi there,
How do you PREP the nail prior to product application?
Do you remove all non living tissue?
Have a look at this link, this is important and will show you how to remove non living tissue with confidence.

Caring for (and Understanding) the Cuticle

Product will only lift if there hasn't been good adhesion in the first place. So check your PREP
Here is another link to a perfect prep job
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/3007-perfect-preparation.html

HTH and let us know how you get on xxx

`i use my efile always on myself with infils I love it!
Can't imagine that it's the product they have awsome quality

Ok I'll see if it's my prep but I don't think it is. I wonder if I'm getting finish gel on the cuticle, would this cause lifting too?

I saw greg pooping the models hand under the uv lamp i one of his tutorials, dont think he mentioned why, but am sure if you ask young nails they could advise you, I remember wondering myself as wel, as I had never seen this done before

Heya, try applying 2 coats of protein bond?

Also letting the uv lamp at the protein bond for 10-20 seconds before applying turns the potein bond super sticky! The video you see Greg do this for is the nail biter video. Nail biters seem to be more prone to lifting.

Also when sculpting do not sculpt too long for the natural nail. For example if the clients natural nail is only 1cm in length dont then sculpt a 5cm long extension. Too much for the client will mean that your client will put her nails under stress which again can cause lifting.

Also check the clients life style, stress, medication, pregnancy, excessive sweating, most clients with these situations again seem to be more prone to lifting.

Lifting is such a hard thing to beat, maybe ring your nearest educator and see if you can have a session with them just to go over your technique and maybe even improve your technique.

Good luck hope you crack it :D

xxx

Ok thanks clairey I'll try that and if it continues I'll ring clare at the nail academy x

I sometimes use 2 coats of Protein Bond but didn't know about the UV trick!! I love learning new things!!:green:

Ok off to Youtube to watch the nail bitter video thanks Claire x

No worries peoples :)

xxx

Just done a client today and she wanted really really long nails (about 1.5 inch of free edge) anyway it took me ages to do, when I was using the monomer it got glupy like I was contaminating it with powder, how do I stop this from happening? Xx

just one thing to add are you sure you are not getting any acrylic on the skin but making a good seal around the cuticle area?

when I was using the monomer it got glupy like I was contaminating it with powder, how do I stop this from happening? Xx

I have trouble with this as well. I sometimes do the first hand then replace my monomer but it's such a waste. Do you find your brush gets contaminated too?

Yeah the acrylic can stick to the brush even when I wipe my brush on brush wipes when patting the acrylic

Yeah the acrylic can stick to the brush even when I wipe my brush on brush wipes when patting the acrylic

Sounds like you may be working too wet, your brush should be near enough clean after okacing your bead, just a little wipe should free your brush of product. Also start putting little amounts of monomer in your dapen dish at a time to avoid having to throw it out :)
Natalie x

Hi

I also work with Young Nails and i got rid of my lifting by puting a coat of protein bond along the cuticle before aplying the finish gel. Its realy was magic. Got this tip from someone and it WORKS

Latest posts

Back