Your advice on Pamper party please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi Geeks! I am really after a bit of advice.
I have a pamper party coming up for 10 ladies On Sat. I am going to be on my own working flat out from 1pm until 8.15.
The time is not really an issue as the money i'll be getting ...well I cant really complain.
Most of the treatments are mini mani's, pedi's and facials. I am wondering the best way to do this to save myself a bit of time and to keep it all smooth and flowing. I don't really want to be faffing around setting up after every treatment so wondered what you guys think of this.
I was planning on doing all the pedicures first, then all the mani's and then all the facials. In your honest opinion what do you think to doing it this way?

I could set up a few tables with each treatments products on and just continue on each person and finish them one by one. But it is in a small cottage so space will be an issue.
I have only ever done pamper parties of 5 and the client has offered me almost double the treatment price to get me to do 10.

Help!! :rolleyes: xxxx

hi kylie

are all the guests going to be there from the start? i did a pamper party in january and some of the guests didnt turn up until a bit later and some had to leave early so i had to take that into consideration when i was planning my sequence. if possible i think i would go between clients so that everyone is getting a turn without waiting hours and hours, imagine u were the last client to be done and you had been there all day? i would probably be bored stupid or drunk:green:.

even if you have an idea of how you would like to do things, no doubt you'll have to swap things around on the day. clients at pamper parties seem to be like that but that's part of the fun!!!:lol: xx

Hi

Just did one of these recently with a fellow geek - we alternated treatments so as not to get too bored or too regimental!

Worked well - ladies were all happy and seemed to flow well.

We did mini manis, mini pedis, arm/hand massage, leg/foot massage and indian head massage.

Given the response i think we will get further bookings from this. We usually include other treatments as well, but these were the client's choices. HTH:)

Did one on my own 2 years ago - never again! Worked non stop for 6 hours and through up on the way home. It's hard work on your own! If you know anyone get them to help you!

i would have to agree with jules here, i havent did a pamper party since january and i'm not really promoting them either. i'm certainly not afraid of hard work but they can be sooooo exhausting on your own.xxx

great money though as long as you have the whole of the next day to recover! xx

hi kylie

are all the guests going to be there from the start? i did a pamper party in january and some of the guests didnt turn up until a bit later and some had to leave early so i had to take that into consideration when i was planning my sequence. if possible i think i would go between clients so that everyone is getting a turn without waiting hours and hours, imagine u were the last client to be done and you had been there all day? i would probably be bored stupid or drunk:green:.

even if you have an idea of how you would like to do things, no doubt you'll have to swap things around on the day. clients at pamper parties seem to be like that but that's part of the fun!!!:lol: xx

You are very right in what you say. I would be soooo bored waiting until last. I think I will go for doing it this way that way everyone is happy.
They will all be there from the start apparently, as it is a hen weekend and they have hired a cottage to stay in.

Thank you soooo much for your help :hug: xxx

Hi

Just did one of these recently with a fellow geek - we alternated treatments so as not to get too bored or too regimental!

Worked well - ladies were all happy and seemed to flow well.

We did mini manis, mini pedis, arm/hand massage, leg/foot massage and indian head massage.

Given the response i think we will get further bookings from this. We usually include other treatments as well, but these were the client's choices. HTH:)

Did one on my own 2 years ago - never again! Worked non stop for 6 hours and through up on the way home. It's hard work on your own! If you know anyone get them to help you!

I think I will need 2 days to recover ha ha and a few stiff drinks when i get home :lol:
I have a few people I went to college with that would help me but I don't know what they are like since leaving college and just think if my clients don't like their work then it looks bad on me. At least if i balls it up it will be my own fault ha ha.
Thank you for your advice huni and spose I cant complain ...there isn't much work about so i'm lucky to be getting this lot :hug: xxx

I would make a timetable and get them to write in the slots what treatments they want next to the time slots. Even if you decide to do all the manicures first you will get people who say, "I need to be done by this time or that time." I would keep everything basic e.g just file and paints rather than full treatments if it is just you. I would say enjoy but you won't have the chance, it will be hard work but the time will wizz by and you'll have no idea how many treatments you've done! Also hand out treatment record cards for them to all fill out at the beginning while you set up.

Most of all take a banana or sandwich in your bag so you don't pass out!:eek:

Hi all,

I am looking into promoting some pamper parties.

However I could do with some help from people who have done them before.

I would offer, mini manicure and Pedicure - but don't know how to work out what to charge them?

I would also offer Indian Head Massage, but how long would you suggest that you take it down to?.

I would also do Spray tanning, and obviously that would not change, but I was thinking of slightly lowering the price, as everyone will be in one place, so its easier !

Any advice on how you do it would be great.

Thanks
Lucy x:green:

First things first. Don't panic!
Its a hen do. It'll be a right laugh. Lotsa drinks, lotsa giggles. timing wise, you're a pro, you do this all day, you'll be fine. Besides, they'll be having so much fun they won't mnd if you're five mins out.
You should do a raffle or something too, with a treatment as a prize to get them back in the salon.
Good Luck x

Thanks guys for all your help. I shall let you know how it goes. I'll probably be on here tomorrow night with my eyelids falling on my key board lol xxx

Hi hun,
I do pamper parties myself and find they are a great way of topping up my income here is how i do it hope it helps.

A couple of days before you are due to do it, get the hostess to write a list of how many people are coming and what treatments they want.
thos way you know what to take with you. I put all my mani pedi stuff in the same box, all my facial stuff in another and all my massage stuff in another and so on.
I always set all my stuff up at once as things never go according to plan 100% and clients want to change or wait or whatever. even if you are limited for space the hostess will be able to help you sort something out. {after all it isnt really too hard} i then go through the list making sure everyone has had a treatment before going on to giving everyone a second/third etc.
Hope this helps you out a bit hun and good luck. Preperation is they key in my opinion, i love doing pamper parties they are hard work on your own but you reep the benefits hugely. xxx

I am back after doing my huge pamper party and still alive. What a fantastic place with fantastic ladies! I even got a tip of £100! £10 from each of them. They were over the moon. I have to say, I was expecting it to be a lot harder than what it was.
So thanks for your help guys, I don't know what I was worrying about now :) x x x

£100 tip wow you did well. I do pamper parties all the time and love them. You can never predict who will want their treatment when and how people mess about, but generally they go well. Well done x:)

Well done I am so glad you had a good time and your ladies loved their treatments you deserve your tip. I dont know if I would have the balls!

Latest posts

Back