Your kiddie's name and why you chose it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little girl is called Chloe Rose. Chloe just because we loved the name, and Rose is after my late grandma :)

My oldest son is Bobby Brian, named Bobby after my husbands dad who died a year before Bobby was born and the Brian was my dads name who sadly had cancer when Bobby was born and passed away when Bobby was only 6 months old but they both live on in him :) I think it sounds cute too :)

My youngest son is Noah Jak. I just love the name Noah and he actually really suits it :) and the Jak middle name is my husbands name :)

Xox

My son's name is Hamish James! My ex's family is from the Balkans, obviously they were chuffed to bits at my choice! Lol.

My little girl is called Chloe Rose. Chloe just because we loved the name, and Rose is after my late grandma :)

My 16 year old daughter is Chloe-Rose too (with Rose being after her nan) I think it's a really pretty name. They did a limited edition Chloe-Rose perfume last year too lol

My son is 16 months I called him Darragh Dainéal (Daniel in Irish) from Ireland and wanted a nice irish name, I wanted it spelt Dairé but OH said no :(

My daughter is 2 next month and she is called Amarla-Rose. I always said my first born girl would be Lilli-rose. But before I got pregnant with Marley (her nickname) I had a miscarriage. Couldn't bare to call another baby the same name if she turned out to be a girl. So I searched names that would go with rose. I hate common girls names, so I put in a search engine nature names, that originate from English, Spanish (I have strong Spanish connections) and Arabic cos my mum lived in Egypt at the time. And Amala came up! Loved it but people kept saying A-mal-a which I didn't like so I changed it and added the r for pronunciation purposes A-mar-la! Everyone loves it and it really suits her

Saphron - I wanted scarlet, my other half didn't like it but preferred saphire, which I liked but didn't suit her so we came up with saphron I love her name
Haven't across many saphrons (pronounced saphren) xxx

I don't have any little ones but my favourite names are Sophia, Oliver & Isabelle! My Dads name is Darren so that name gets top spot :) OH has no say haha

My eldest daughter is Charlotte Victoria. Hubby and I cold decide between Katie or Charlotte so asked the midwife and she chose it.

My youngest is Freya. When we decided on it no one in his family had heard of it and they didn't like it but hubby and I loved it. My family in Australia hadnt heard of it either but were more supportive. I came across it from reading Freya North novels and when we looked up the meaning "Norse Goddess of Love" we just thought: Yes!

We were going to call her Jennifer to keep everyone happy but I'm glad I stuck to my guns. She is Freya Jennifer.

Now Freya's are ten a penny :sad:

Yea, mine is a Freya too.

I hadn't heard the name more than once till after I'd named her and then it was all I heard!

I like Lily Mae and Emily, and Jack William (after my grandads) for a boy :)

Charlotte is a lovely name, but my sister had dealings with a Charlotte her whole life and would have a fit if I used that!

My little boy is call Tyler Michael James.

Tyler, because that's just what I called him the first time I see him!
Michael is my dads middle name.
James is my brothers middle name.

I also have a step daughter who we have full custody of, she's called Emily-Rose ... I obviously didn't choose her name so have no explanations 😃

We picked one girls name - holly and three boy names - Oscar , Oliver and Harry .

Ended up having triplet boys so all the boy names got used !! Still waiting for Holly to come along though ☺️

B*****d. The most commonly spoken word when dealing with a late teenager!

Who knows what I called her 18 years ago. I think it was Shelley.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My two are
Paige Isabella and Ava Mae
Obviously we only use Paige and Ava on a day to day basis, I wanted names that couldn't be shortened ( don't burst my bubble if you think if one 😉)

My business is named after them 'Isabella Mae - beauty boutique'

My daughters name is Ava Rose. No idea how I picked it, I just loved it.
If the baba in my belly is a boy he will probably be Oscar Terence (terry was my late grandads name) & if it's a girl is love to call her Betty, boyfriend will never allow it lol!x

I have 2 sons, Mackenzie and Taylor ... No reason other than I just loved the names.. Both names weren't popular when I chose them!

Haha good choice! I have a Taylor. X

My boys are Samuel Leigh and Maxim Leigh. Sam had my surname for his middle name because at the time I wasn't married and I didn't want to double barrel it with his dad's, as id spent my life spelling Leigh and my husband has the same problem with his Egyptian surname. When Max came along I wanted him to have my surname as his middle name too, like a wee tradition. Poor Max will be spelling his first, middle and surname, so much for not double barrelling lol!

I struggled with both my boys first names but once I chose Samuel I loved it. The name just grew on me. I wanted a name for my second son to feel exactly the same way. Originally it was just going to be Max, but I called him throughout my pregnancy and also now, Maxi so I wanted a longer name. I first heard the name Maxim after I looked after a little boy at a nursery I worked at. I'd have loved to call him Maximus but it felt a bit too grandiose! We loved Maxwell but being 80s kids all we could think of was Maxwell House coffee. My hubby wasn't sure about Samuel at the start because a kid at his school with the same name was called Samsonite (the suitcase company).

We do laugh though because Max is my childhood dogs name and Sam was my husbands childhood dogs name.

Either way, I love the names we picked and I love my boys to bits :)

Jeez why can I never write a short post? !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We have a Freya who we call Freyletta or Freytella. We have a Charlotte who we call Charlottenburg. We don't believe in shortening names in our household, we lengthen them. Freya also sometimes gets called Freylettering. We're a bit loopy. We only ever use these names at home between ourselves.

The reason we chose their names is purely because we liked them. Where the lengthening started from I don't recall.

I love reading these !! My little boy is 3 months old his name is Tien Keith (Tien means angle of the first in Vietnamese ,and it Vietnam it's a girls name but IDC I'm English btw but when I was 17 I was told I could have baby's naturally due to a medical condition they couldn't find the real course of why I had this condition but I could go years / months without having a period the longest I went was 17 months the doctors told me I had a 30% chance if having baby at ivf but not to hope to much cause of this condition I thought at 17 booya I don't want kids yet lol obv didn't mean it but at the age of 18 I was at a mates house and I was having odd dreams about having baby's she said take this pregnancy test I took it and found out I was pregnant I was 8weeks 5 days I fell pregnant naturally and at the age of 19 on the 14.03.2014 I gave birth naturally !!) (Keith is my partners grandad who suffered a stroke and has bin really I'll he's my boyfriends best friend so we decided the middle name should be Keith in his honer :) )
I no it's a SA but hope you enjoyed reading a little hope storey for anyone else who was like me !! Magic dose happen !! Xx

Hollie☀️

My son is called Malakai. Usually spelt Malachi but I decided to do it phonetically as I hate that people struggle with my own name.

I'd never heard of it but dreamt it one night when I was pregnant. It's from the bible, one of the last prophets and translates to "my messenger" or " my angel"

We call him Kaiser, Kizzle, Kai, kaisermanelli when he's being a diva!

Saphron - I wanted scarlet, my other half didn't like it but preferred saphire, which I liked but didn't suit her so we came up with saphron I love her name
Haven't across many saphrons (pronounced saphren) xxx

If it was Saph - ren then surely you would spell it like sounds.

Saphron is more like the jar on the spice rack.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back