Your Very First Nail ..... Ever!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
I have had a massive clear out of the spare room (future home salon) this weekend and have relaid out nail station, therapy couch storage etc......
Big job but so needed doing :rolleyes:!

In the process I found bits & pieces including loads of practise nails from my initial training a few years ago. Anything from overlays to tips and sculpts with French and colour. I even found my very first practise nail ..... well ..... attempt at a gel nail!

I have had so many giggles as they are mostly hide:eek:us! Thick, lumpy, bumpy, bubbles etc ... :green:. How I ever passed, I just don't know, lol?

I sure hope I've come a long way since then :lol:. But we all have to start somewhere.

Do you remember your first attempt and what was it like?
How have you progressed since then?
Do you still have samples stored in a nook or crannie?
Do you dare to show a pic or two?

C'mon geeks old and new. Especially old ... I dare you :wink2:.

My first nails looked like humpy bumpy stuff, they didn't look like nails at all.

I still have my very first nail from my foundation course and yes it is a mess but also a nice reminder of how far i have come and improved,
i still have all my nails on the home work card too, and they just are embarrassing :hug:

I sooooo empathize with you both. When I walked out on the final day of my initial course, I felt soooo pleased with myself for achieving what I had achieved :green:. I'm now wondering what that was, lol.

I'm so embarrassed that I've binned my samples. Big black bag, out with alkl the rubbish :lol:.

I sooooo empathize with you both. When I walked out on the final day of my initial course, I felt soooo pleased with myself for achieving what I had achieved :green:. I'm now wondering what that was, lol.

I'm so embarrassed that I've binned my samples. Big black bag, out with alkl the rubbish :lol:.[/QUOTE

I dont have any visual reminders of my first lot, but the memories still haunt me. :lol:

i think mine would be double baggers mrs clooney, just to make sure no one ever had to see them.
and i was top of the class too:lol:

I don't have any actual nails but i do have pics in my college portfolio

You could not pay me enough to show to them to anyone

omg.. my first nails are in my gallery for all to see!! hehe, im still getting there nd i love looking back and seeing how much im progressing.. In college we only learnt tip overlay on eachother.. i always found that once i had spent 10 years filling off layers i could acheive a decent set.. wasnt untill i did a conversion i was taught how to sculpt.. and lets just say.. its coming along nicely! lol..

My first set , way back when , was done on myself. A little bulky , smile lines were a little off, I would never have paid for them....... hehehehe
I never did practice nails before my set. It was a one on one course , she explained , showed me , then I did them.

Thankfully my first set of nails were done on a model and I think they fell off within a few days so I have no reminder! I regularly go through my bag of nail art (I have way too many) and look at some of my first attempts of hand art, If they're really old and embarrassing I'll throw them out, I look at them and just think "oh dear":o. I will keep the odd few just to remind me but the rest are just too bad to look at!

Mine are in a thread on here somewhere I will go find them, then come back and edit here to post it x
you will laugh your heads off

Mine are in a thread on here somewhere I will go find them, then come back and edit here to post it x
you will laugh your heads off
We wanna see 'em Emmsy. I bet you they are quite good for a first attempt, lol. You are a talented geek :green:.

No really they wernt lol,
Think tanya turner meets edward scissorhands,..:eek:
I cant find the thread but i will scan a pic tomorrow and post xxxx

my first were clear tips & overlays (gel) on my classmates. In a lesson that lasted 2 and a half hours I got 3 nails on! and blended the girls nails away! We all had such sore nail beds as we were practising on each other for 18 weeks! Thats why I loved l&p so much, it didnt hurt! Pity I havent gone back to it since........

We never had practice fingers/hands or even practice sheets. Some poor sod had to endure our horrible, finger slashing, primer burning, thick nails just so we could practice...lol. I do remember we would leave the primer out on those poor souls (us the students) who's nails were sacrificed over and over. So I don't have anything to reflect on (giggle at) and it was way too long ago to remember.

In school my first nail was named "The Growth of Fred" ......LOL Poor janice had to endure my first nail I have a picture somewhere...lol

In school my first nail was named "The Growth of Fred" ......LOL Poor janice had to endure my first nail I have a picture somewhere...lol

they sound scary !
but whos fred?

Here's mine...

Attachments

• brick1.jpg
    brick1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back