Ingrown Hairs and Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenyapearl

Reaction score
Hi,

As well as encouraging clients to exfoliate between waxing, can anyone recommend a lotion/cream that's good for this problem?

Was thinking that I could retail as aftercare especially for the bikini area which is where the problem seems greater.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Most brands carry a range or both salon and retail items which will go a long way in helping ease ingrown hair problems.

The PFB product Jen has mentioned is also rather good :hug:

I don't retail so I would just send them to the chemist to buy something for stubborn ingrown hairs.

Tell your client to cut down on the exfoliating as I think it can cause them. All that rubbing and bacteria trapped inside loofahs and brushes..Yuck. xxx

I don't retail so I would just send them to the chemist to buy something for stubborn ingrown hairs.

Tell your client to cut down on the exfoliating as I think it can cause them. All that rubbing and bacteria trapped inside loofahs and brushes..Yuck. xxx

I get great results with clients who use sea salt or sugar scrubs ones a week. I had a women with terrible ingrown hairs, she hardly gets it now.

I retail Hive Smooth It

Not too expensive, and all my customers have found it works really well

HTHs xx

Thats one way of doing things however there is absolutely no reason why a therapist shouldn't look to offer post treatment retail items as this is an extension of the treatment offered.

Your customer will undoubtedly feel you are offering them an excellent service and that you have an interest in their well being..... and of course you get to the benefit of the additional revenue into your business.

We mustn't forget we are not only here to offer excellence of service to our customers but we are also in business :hug:

Thats one way of doing things however there is absolutely no reason why a therapist shouldn't look to offer post treatment retail items as this is an extension of the treatment offered.

Your customer will undoubtedly feel you are offering them an excellent service and that you have an interest in their well being..... and of course you get to the benefit of the additional revenue into your business.

We mustn't forget we are not only here to offer excellence of service to our customers but we are also in business :hug:
I know Collin.....you're absolutely right. I just feel uncomfortable about the whole selling thing........unless it's something that I feel passionate about and truly believe in. I bought a load of loofahs to sell and gave everyone away to my clients.

I'll never be rich. xx

Last edited:
Oh Kim!! At least you have the fame, if not the riches! LOL Just teasing hun! xxx

I get great results with clients who use sea salt or sugar scrubs ones a week. I had a women with terrible ingrown hairs, she hardly gets it now.

Sounds great. Do they add a small amount of water or do it dry? xx

Thank you all for your helpful replies. A few of my clients have said the tried exfoliating and it has made little difference.

Just thought it would be great to offer an alternative that would give good results. x

I am another advocate for PFB Vanish. I retail a ton of it. My clients swear by it. Some people just need something a little stronger than just exfoliating at home.

Salt and sugar are great just straight out the cupboard and mix with a bit of olive or almond oil and add a drop of tea tree or lavender.

Does anyone rate Tend Skin?

Does anyone rate Tend Skin?

Tend Skin is extremely harsh on the skin. It works very well, but it's easy to over use. I would only use it on someone with a really extreme case of ingrowns.

A lot of these products are based on glycolic peels.

I have used TEND skin a few times, as my hairs are very troublesome....someone help me!!
I have had to get antibiotics to clear the problem up. Now I am scared to have a Brazilian again, as down there just looks like an accident.
Kim can you suggest anything please?

x

I have used TEND skin a few times, as my hairs are very troublesome....someone help me!!
I have had to get antibiotics to clear the problem up. Now I am scared to have a Brazilian again, as down there just looks like an accident.
Kim can you suggest anything please?

x

I know what you mean about looking like an accident down there, this is something i get badly and i have had to have 3 operations to get rid of lumps and bumps but cant stand not to wax, (you can imagine the scars)
i now use a product called Tu`el Clear it and it works wonders,
as soon i notice a bump it gets applied and clears it within the week, hth :hug:

Where can you get this wonderstuff from?

Latest posts

Back