100% real mink eyelash extensions, where to purchase the lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrimouse

Reaction score
Hi there,

i was just wondering if any of you lash experts out there use real mink eye lash extensions? and Where you purchase them from? and How you get on with them? Lash extensions are fabulous but i often wonder how much more natural real hair ones are, the synthetic ones are ok, i use mink and silk and a mixture of all others i find, different thickness's and curls etc... but i find it frustrating when the lashes kink, especially when on a client if you know what i mean?

by the way i have read that the mink hair is brushed from the live and well kept animal, the hairs are then sanitised and graded ready for use.

Hi there,

i was just wondering if any of you lash experts out there use real mink eye lash extensions? and Where you purchase them from? and How you get on with them? Lash extensions are fabulous but i often wonder how much more natural real hair ones are, the synthetic ones are ok, i use mink and silk and a mixture of all others i find, different thickness's and curls etc... but i find it frustrating when the lashes kink, especially when on a client if you know what i mean?

by the way i have read that the mink hair is brushed from the live and well kept animal, the hairs are then sanitised and graded ready for use.

Is that from their coat or their eyelashes.!!!!

lol it is their coat. I couldn't even think of it if it were their own lashes eww. xx

I've never used the real mink lashes. Are they harder to apply?

Iv just had an email, today, letting me know that AH Francis have a new selection of real mink lashes in, I think they are about £30 pop over and have a look xx

Because the are alot thinner they are more fiddly to put on but they are lovely xx

The curl is often not universal. Obviously, they cant be used on someone with allergies lol

Hmm, I spoke with AhFrancis and asked if it is really REAL mink... They said no lashes out there are real mink - just some of them are made just as real mink - very light, soft, flexible.. Some again, are just synthetic..

We import in bulk, direct.. but sorry for £29 a box yours are not the best quality mink, not what I would use anyway.

oh and our are real hand brushed mink (real) so keep it real :)

Su x
Have you tried these lashes? I'm presuming that you haven't and that you are making an assumption based on ....what? Price?
The site does actually say that these lashes are 100% mink lashes, cruelty free and harvested by gentle brushing.
I'm intrigued as how you came to the assumption that these aren't real!

Have you tried these lashes? I'm presuming that you haven't and that you are making an assumption based on ....what? Price?
The site does actually say that these lashes are 100% mink lashes, cruelty free and harvested by gentle brushing.
I'm intrigued as how you came to the assumption that these aren't real!

Yes its called secret shopping, under another name and address, surly you understand this. like a lot of yours posts, you presume wrong...

Being the first in the UK, (read my old posts) I know a fair bit about lashes, its why I get so many pm's maybe! can one say the same....

Su x

So are you saying this is false advertising and that these lashes aren't real?

Quote SueEvian[We import in bulk, direct.. but sorry for £29 a box yours are not the best quality mink, not what I would use anyway.
oh and our are real hand brushed mink (real) so keep it real]Quote

quote=SusanEvian;1126183]Yes its called secret shopping, under another name and address, surly you understand this. like a lot of yours posts, you presume wrong...

Being the first in the UK, (read my old posts) I know a fair bit about lashes, its why I get so many pm's maybe! can one say the same....
Su x[/quote]

SueanEvian-Your post responses seems very harsh.

You may be the only one selling/using in UK but with a sarcastic attitude like that I for one wouldn't buy/have done by you.

I think I will wait till a supplier with a more caring respect for their clients comes along.

Last edited:
angelina-Your post responses seems very harsh.

You may be the only one selling/using in UK but with a sarcastic attitude like that I for one wouldn't buy/have done by you.

I think I will wait till a supplier with a more caring respect for their clients comes along.
I am not a supplier and i don't use mink lashes. Susan was implying that the supplier above (and i have nothing to do with this supplier or even know them), was not selling real mink lashes.
I was merely wondering how she came to this assumption. I just thought it was rather unfair to make such accusations on an open forum, that's all!

We import in bulk, direct.. but sorry for £29 a box yours are not the best quality mink, not what I would use anyway.

oh and our are real hand brushed mink (real) so keep it real :)

Su x

I am disappointed but not surprised by the comments made by SusanEvian, who suggests, amongst other things that the lashes I distrubute cannot be real at £29.99 and makes the oblique suggestion that they may be of poor quality. Neither statements are true. They are real mink fur and of the highest quality.

This is evidenced by the units of this product that has been sold both to individual technicians and salons in the UK and Europe. To date not one of these salons have made any of the allegations you make about either the nature of the product or its quality or indicated any disatisfaction with it and that includes those clients who regularly have real mink treatments with me.

There is no doubt however that this natural product behaves differently to faux mink as it is finer than 0.15mm which in general is the thinest faux mink product generally available in retail. The product does require technicians to be very experienced and a comment is made to that effect in my website shop. Similarly when customers order this item by telephone my sales staff give the same advice. Not to do so would be unprofessional.

Turning to secret shopping, well I am assured by my sales staff that we have never sold anything to SusanEvian although I appreciate that this name is a psudonym. Secret Shoppers usually pay for items using a psudonym and an alternative delivery address, thereby remaining anonymous .However, the purpose of secret shopping is to buy something; test it and then send a critique about its fitness for purpose, price and quality to the seller. At Lash by Francesca we keep excellent records and after a thorough search of written and email correspondence we can find no record of such a critique from you.

We also keep excelent client and customer records too. So, SusanEvian you shouldn't have a problem letting me know when you indulged in this secret shopping experience at LASH by Francesca, after all you would have used a different 'secret shopping' name. So rather than take pot shots from the sidelines do feel free to send me a copy of the original critique you may have written, together with the psudonym you used for your secret purchase, the alternative address and the date, even the month will do - and we will be happy to investigate this. You can email, our email address is, as you will know, on my website or you can send me a private message here - whichever you prefer. I would be happy to disclose any material facts that are aduced to this thread, as its only right that contributors see evidence of your claims and whether or not you made a secret purchase.

I appreciate that you may be disinclined to do so although I can't think why, as your anonymity is protected. However if that were to be the case, then we can all be reassured that this is just another example of someone being disruptive and using forums such as these to make vexatious and inaccurate comments.

Francesca Middleton
LASH by Francesca
LASH by Francesca

I am not a supplier and i don't use mink lashes. Susan was implying that the supplier above (and i have nothing to do with this supplier or even know them), was not selling real mink lashes.
I was merely wondering how she came to this assumption. I just thought it was rather unfair to make such accusations on an open forum, that's all!

Opps, sorry angelina that last post I did was referring to SusanEvian's attitude towards you, not yours. I shall go back & edit.:hug:

Last edited:
well said francesca beautiful xx
:hug:

I have been using 100% mink lashes for around 9 months . I bought them to try and now most of my clients are converted! I have self taught myself in regard to their application. I can apply 3-4 per lash to make a very fluffy soft look. They last longer than synthetics and I would not be without them. Have also purchesed from Francesca - they were great quality and definitely 100 % mink.

Give it a try - you wont look back.

Latest posts

Back