19 new Shellac colours for 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are all the other brands able to bring out neons? (Gelish, ACG etc)

the poster before you answered this!
Effectively CND have higher standards! :lol:

the poster before you answered this!
Effectively CND have higher standards! :lol:

No, that said about approval to sell in USA not uk. I'm just curious how other brands can bring out neons to sell in uk?

No, that said about approval to sell in USA not uk. I'm just curious how other brands can bring out neons to sell in uk?

you didn't say about uk, but I would assume the same logic applies as FDA approval is not required for UK products.

Some mentioned wanting yellow well for those that haven't tried I thought I'd post a pic, for those that want a bright yellow two coats of cream puff, yellow additive , top cost, yellow sunshine sparkle additive then 2nd top coat. I've been getting positive comments all day!!!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364561204.527915.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364561204.527915.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 854
Some mentioned wanting yellow well for those that haven't tried I thought I'd post a pic, for those that want a bright yellow two coats of cream puff, yellow additive , top cost, yellow sunshine sparkle additive then 2nd top coat. I've been getting positive comments all day!!!!!

Very nice but that's a lot of faffing as you used 4 coats of shellac plus additives plus sparkle additive!

Thank you. I normally use 4 coats, base then two colour and top. I think I should of blended the two additives together instead- it was a late decision to add the sparkleand had already applied the yellow additiv so used an extra top coat to adhere the sparkle. Therefore the only extra is the adding of the additives, no extra shellac needed just a little bit of extra effort and time but I'm happy to do that for the time being. I'm confident we will have a yellow soon :)

I've learnt never to judge the colours until I have them in my hands and painted a "pop", eg Midnight Swim looked nice on the bottle but is SENSATIONAL on nails. I am a CND geek, so I will buy them along with every other colour they ever produce ;) I do not have a colour that has not been chosen at some point by a client, and some colours are pretty nice on their own but are amazing layered. As for neons, I have to be honest that personally I kind of like that CND hasn't produced neons. All of the Shellac colours are classy, chic and elegant but some are still fun. They are like the Chanel of nails, classic, timeless and not jumping on every brief fashion band wagon, but like I said, that's just my opinion. CND are still the company at the forefront in my opinion, they are obviously doing something right, so as the adage goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" ;D xx

I have to say that i have absolutely adored the most recent shellac pastel colours and my clients have been going crazy for them.

I'm confident that the new colours will be just as fabulous!

Although i have all of the colours, some haven't been popular, mostly the silver chrome and pretty poison, but i'm going to try some layering combo's today and see if i can change that. I read on one thread about layering pretty poison with hotski, so i'm looking forward to that one.

What colours are you all hoping for? xx

So who else has wondered where they're going to display all these new 2013 colours? My Shellac display chart is nearly full!

Xxx

I have to say that i have absolutely adored the most recent shellac pastel colours and my clients have been going crazy for them.

I'm confident that the new colours will be just as fabulous!

Although i have all of the colours, some haven't been popular, mostly the silver chrome and pretty poison, but i'm going to try some layering combo's today and see if i can change that. I read on one thread about layering pretty poison with hotski, so i'm looking forward to that one.

What colours are you all hoping for? xx

I have quite a lot that haven't been popular, Silver Chrome, Iced Cappucino, Iced Coral, Cocoa. Not sure why. However, I use all my unpopular colours as bases for rockstars otherwise they'll just sit there. x

Is it true there are more colours coming out on Tuesday? Xx

Is it true there are more colours coming out on Tuesday? Xx

Yes Lobster Roll, Pink Bikini, Water Park and Grape Gum. Photo of them is a few pages back x

I have quite a lot that haven't been popular, Silver Chrome, Iced Cappucino, Iced Coral, Cocoa. Not sure why. However, I use all my unpopular colours as bases for rockstars otherwise they'll just sit there. x

That's a good idea. Cocoa and Iced Coral have been very popular with me over the last year. Nude colours were quite sought after for a while. It's funny how different areas have different tastes xx

CND won't bring out neons due the the pigments used to create neon or glow in the dark products haven't been passes by the FDA (Food and Drink Administration)
They will not use any products until its been passed therefore making sure there is no risk to our clients who use any of CND products.

CND do listen to us and if you have any suggestions email CND direct with your ideas.
We all shouted about wanting Ruby Ritz to be a permanent colour and they have listened :)
You must remember that the colours the have brought out this year were all chosen last year, Mrs Geek has commented that she has seen Spring next years colours.
:hug:

Sorry if I missed something, but ruby ritz is going to be permanent?

Just seen this on the CND Shellac facebook page....Lobster Roll

Attachments

• shellac lobster.jpg
    shellac lobster.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 8,509
Sorry if I missed something, but ruby ritz is going to be permanent?

No it will be a special edition in Feb but I have asked our S2 Purchaser to purchase enough to feel like it is a permanent edition lol... :Scared:

No it will be a special edition in Feb but I have asked our S2 Purchaser to purchase enough to feel like it is a permanent edition lol... :Scared:

You're supposed to be on holiday, don't worry, you are allowed to leave us for a couple of days for you to relax ;).

Very excited about Lobster Roll bright reds are my favorite colours and up to now Wildfire was my fav but looks like i will have a new one now x

Thanks, Mrs. Geek, I guess I'll stock up in Feb since I can't be sure anyone here will be good enough to stock enough. Do yu know if it will be sold by itself or as a set?

Latest posts

Back