19 new Shellac colours for 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I'm convinced ;)
Will be putting pink bikini in with the next order x

My personal opinion is that Lobster Roll is nothing like any of the reds, it's hard to explain when you look at photo's, but it does stand alone in it's shade.
Pink Bikini is similar to HotPop Pink, but sharper and hotter if that makes sense. I won't be buying HPP again, because they are too close in my opinion (this does not mean I am saying they are the same) and Pink Bikini can easily be a hot pink replacement.

Personally I feel that Pink Bikini is a very warm pink that would suit A LOT if not all skin tones. Hot pop pink is a cooler, more vivid shade that doesn't suit all tones. The 2 are completely different :wink2:

Managed to do my nails last night using lobster roll, I would say its def not a red but more like a shade of watermelon! It's fab!! Only show cased them yesterday and it was the first colour a client picked out of the summer release!

Personally I feel that Pink Bikini is a very warm pink that would suit A LOT if not all skin tones. Hot pop pink is a cooler, more vivid shade that doesn't suit all tones. The 2 are completely different :wink2:

Totally agree - I was scared to say I thought it was a really warm pink ;) xx

Bought and used my Water Park a couple of days ago. I really like the colour, however, unless there is something drasticly wrong with every PC monitor I use , it seems that even the promotional images are nowhere near like the true colour.

I was expecting an (almost) electric blue, but it's not. It's got more of a grey/blue hue to it. Like I say, love the colour but disappointed as it's not the colour I was buying it for.

However, I'm sure, and I will be trying this as soon as, using the CND blue additive powder should bring it to the colour I really want.

Just thought I'd share my oppinion on this. :D

Apologies to to everyone about my spellings, just read it back ......... not sleeping well at the moment :D

album.php
picture.php

It's not a great picture - just taken quickly on my phone, and pre-topcoat and without white balance adjustment - but, as the risk of sounding like a broken record, they are completely different.

I don't get it why some of the nail techs can't follow the requirements. This is for me clearly cowboy thing. Sorry girls, but you want to do nails properly, get the proper equipment for it. don't ever think that different lamp can do the same job.
Someone spend time and a money to make sure that shellac service is second to none, but that requires a little bit of readind

Last edited:
Oh I wish we had them now :(

The new lobster roll with accent finger done in the same, plus cream puff, swirls and rockstar red holographic glitter. Hope you like!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365671423.516920.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365671423.516920.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 8,244
Last edited by a moderator:
nice pictures, lobster roll doesn't look red finally, it looks more like Essie watermelon shade
I like a lot

nice pictures, lobster roll doesn't look red finally, it looks more like Essie watermelon shade
I like a lot

Isn't colour subjective! EVeryone sees colour differently ... I would never describe Lobster roll as like a watermelon .. at least no watermelon I have ever eaten anyway. Can't believe this thread has turned into a slew of images of Lobster roll. :) Pure colour is not difficult to photograph, but the TONE/HUE is really difficult to grasp on film. The Tone or hue is definitely more orange than pink in this colour Lobster Roll.

As long as everyone likes it, which they will, it really doesn't matter what we think as individuals as to the tone of the colour.

Unfortunately I haven't seen in real yet. Waiting for Sweet Squared open day in Dublin to go and check all new colours,
I might have a new Idea then

I just know, that we all are waiting for nice coral like colour for the summer, and that what the most of my clients asking about.

Unfortunately I haven't seen in real yet. Waiting for Sweet Squared open day in Dublin to go and check all new colours,
I might have a new Idea then
Thank you. I would say that Lobster Roll is very near to Wildfire but definitely with a stronger orange hue. It will definitely be a bright for summer as it catches your eye straight away.
Dare I say it, but it's like a "Corally Widfire!"
Lol! I'm from Essex, so that would explain that!

Lol at all our descriptions of lobster roll all I can say is buy it!! You won't be disappointed!! X

Lol at all our descriptions of lobster roll all I can say is buy it!! You won't be disappointed!! X

Totally agree, the way I'd describe is its a redder tropix. I think it fits more into the coral family with tropix than in the reds with wildfire and Hollywood. Xx

I just know, that we all are waiting for nice coral like colour for the summer, and that what the most of my clients asking about.

I have tons of corals I make by layering. And Lobster roll is gonna make it that much easier :) :D

That's what I wish a lot of stylists would realize. These colors are not only meant to be fabulous alone, but are also meant to aid in our layering of them whether with other Shellac or additives.

For instance (and not to get off subject this is just an example) below is a picture of two colors I created with additives yesterday. Just proof that Gigi is right when she says the options are limitless!

Also, the gold is more rose gold in person, and the teal is lighter.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365682765.149499.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365682765.149499.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 405
Waterpark is amazing with Iced Coral layered on top x Here are a couple of pics one with and one without flash, still difficult to get photo of how fab it is x:lol:

Attachments

• P1020113_2.jpg
    P1020113_2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 1,000
  • P1020114_2.jpg
    P1020114_2.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 2,869

Latest posts

Back