30% Tans. OMG!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gattia

Reaction score
Got 2 girls in in 20 mins for spray Tans. I use Tantrick/Tandare. Both clients had 18% and last week 22% and have now asked to go 30% as they said they weren't dark enough. Has anyone done tans this dark if not would you if asked?:rolleyes:

What on earth do they look like!? If it was going to turn them orange or make them look ridiculous then no, i wouldn't- i would not want to compromise my reputation by giving them a dodgy tan. :hug:

Exactly my thoughts. I Have tried the 18% and I am fair skinned. It wasn't overly DARK but I wouldn't want any darker, no way. Mind you I am 40 and they are 18 but still. need to give them a talking too.

Got 2 girls in in 20 mins for spray Tans. I use Tantrick/Tandare. Both clients had 18% and last week 22% and have now asked to go 30% as they said they weren't dark enough. Has anyone done tans this dark if not would you if asked?:rolleyes:

Sorry couldn't answer your PM quick enough :cry:and hope that things turned out well for both you and your customer.:hug:

OMG :eek:when and at what level will the need to go darker and darker end.

From a techno perspective there is obviously a limit as to how dark DHA can tan .....but from a clients perspective if the bottle says xxx % then I guess they believe in it...maybe the answer is in boosting up the initial colour guide as really the actual tanning effect of the DHA cant be any more effective at some level..and of course everyone reacts differently :eek::hug:

To tap into the "perspective" element of the minds eye...maybe spray tan them twice at the same session :eek:

Teenage girls prob competing to who is the brownest. You can only give your advice and if they want to go ahead so be it lol

Hi, God unbelievable, last week my daughter went to the MEM and wanted a tan she asked for an orange tan as that is what her mates are, I point blank refused and just did her 8% and when she saw the pic's on the net from the night out she realised I was right as the others just looked a mess one girl had the 18% on omg the result wasn't nice at all and I said to my daughter I am so glad I refused. :)

I went ahead with caution after speaking to these girls. I did 27% and have not heard back from them today. They are all booked in again before xmas so I will get some feedback then. All the girls love the Tantrick tan and like the colour results but for some reason insist on going darker. I have to say though the 18% does go the most gorgeous colour and everyone, including myself is liking it. Its not a tan I would have all the time but for a big or special night out with a beautiful outfit it looks fantastic. Will report back on their thoughts on the 27% soon. :hug:

just correct me here if i am wrong ? but 3 coatings of 10 percent DHA solution is not a 30 percent tan it is a 10 percent tan applied 3 times and although the bronzer/guide colour in the tan has been applied 3 times and may look very dark, as you have effectively given them 3 coats of bronzer (make-up) i believe once its washed off its still a 10 percent tan skin can only absorb a certain amount of DHA,it does not matter how many coats you do on the same session, we all overlap slightly when spraying say 10% the overlap is not a 20 percent tan and to my knowledge 18 percent DHA is the highest available
skin is like a sponge to DHA everyone reacts differently
i personally go very dark with an 8% tan my sister is still only slightly tanned on a 14% after the guide colour is showered off
If i sprayed her twice she would still only have a 14% tan even though the guide colour/bronzer was very dark

Last edited:
Well booster drops are 35% dha so you could have a 35% tan although it would be very expensive :eek:
Doing 3 coats of say 10% only makes a difference to the guide colour, the developed tan will still be 10% but i think the poster is probably using the drops to boost it up.

From what I understand Mandy(poster) is indeed using booster drops.

Of course there is a limit as to how much we as individuals can take and we are of course all different ...the ceiling is way way below the 30% on average ...probably around 16-18%

That said there is the perception element in the customers minds eye....so they can stand at the bar in the nightclub and say....."well im wearing a 30% ...how cool am I " kind of thing.

In so far as the application of a number of coats are concerned well again this is a minds eye thing....a tan will undoubtedly be slightly darker if two coats are applied...simply because there might be missed areas from the first application picked up by the second and simply because more solution is applied but that's about it....of course most certainly the initial colour guide will be much darker.

Latest posts

Back