3d Nail art moulds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi smiler,
nail art is a work of art and the moulding of the flower is really cheating. As you mentioned it took you a while to build up your speed. Also our work is professional and it should stay that way. :):)

Hi smiler,
nail art is a work of art and the moulding of the flower is really cheating. As you mentioned it took you a while to build up your speed. Also our work is professional and it should stay that way. :):)

I do not agree with you at all.

Using a mould is no more 'cheating', as you put it, than a painter using a roller instead of a brush to apply paint! It does the job quicker and thus saves time; Just a faster method of application and it makes them more commercial. Unless you are different to everyone else, most of us work to make money ... a living. If the job is done well, then the method of application is not so important.

Many people are not natural artists and if they can achieve the same end goal as you are doing by hand, and satisfy their clients (but do it in a different way) then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

Using a helpful tool does not make them less professional (man that word is SO misused by so many) than you think you are.

I'm sorry BeBeautiful - I disagree as well about the notion of "cheating".

I'm very pleased with my work, as are my clients, and I run my business with integrity and good practice. While I add to my skills all the time, I don't know if I'll ever have the time to learn to make perfect 3D flowers - very few of my clients would be interested in this, and while it is definately an art, it's not one that would be an everyday part of my work.

I have thought of ordering a few of these molds - in particular, the one with tiny roses - as I've had ONE request from a longstanding client who wants a small 3D detail for her wedding next year. I would love to spend all this time practicing doing flowers by hand, but running a business and a house and chasing after a child, it's not happening just now!

I agree with Geeg that these are a tool, nothing more. They could be used to a lovely effect, or in the wrong hands, could look "cheap". If I consider these moulds, should I give up using tips or gel or Popits or any of the other new innovations that save time and make our jobs easier?

We all just want to do a good job - I'll use any tool I can find if it helps me along!

http://www.salongeek.com/members/bebeautiful.html

I don't think it's cheating as such. It's a quick way for someone to offer a service they maybe can't do? Looks quite expensive for the amount of clients that may want this service though tbh.

I don't think it's cheating as such. It's a quick way for someone to offer a service they maybe can't do? Looks quite expensive for the amount of clients that may want this service though tbh.

At 20.00 you'd get your money back if you used it on 4 clients!! That's not too bad is it? Not like these 'art' machines that cost thousands and you NEVER get your money back!

At 20.00 you'd get your money back if you used it on 4 clients!! That's not too bad is it? Not like these 'art' machines that cost thousands and you NEVER get your money back!

Fair point but if I bought them you can guarantee they would sit in the garage with the efile, vegetable steamer and George Forman grill.
They could be good if you work in a salon and did some sort of promotion on design work....could get you one step ahead of the competition especially with the younger clients.

These are a great idea....about 4 years ago I had this great idea and now I am kickin myself for not pursuing a patent and developing the product....someone beat me too it!

If anyone has seen my canadian flag nails....it was done with a mould as my painting skills aren't anything special, and it's impossible to find maple leaf nail stickers!

As someone who is scared of 3d nail art, and has little demand for it (probably because I don't wear it) these moulds are a great idea. Thye would give me the option of being able to offer it without investing loads of time and money in learning it......

I really admire tech's are good at 3d, but for the rest of us surely 'moulded 3d' is better than 'rubbish 3d'!!!

ooh i like the idea , and as i am not fantastic at nail art , lol i would deffo have a bash with these i think its a good idea for us less artistic mortals :lol: ,
its better to send your clients out with fab looking nails done , as opposed to really rubbish ones that you "have been arty with ", lol

has anyone seen 3d acrylic nail mould i recieved an e-mail this morn with a pic of them i would up load pic but dont know how sorry they make 3d flowers to then be applied to the nail

i ordered some of these the other week...as i am crap at doing flowers they worked out ok for a first try. its just a matter of getting your mixing of colours right if doing 2 tone flowers.

are they expensive and would you recomeend them as i to am crap at nail art of any discription

Got my mould's through the post this morning, so i'll post some pics later this afternoon after i've had a chance to play! :green:

I order some a couple of weeks ago and I love them. I just wish there was a tutorial for the Mini and regular Roses that shows how to assemble them after you get the petals made.

I actually have 2 of these moulds. I found that they are really chunky - The lace ones are great - but the flowers are so fat and dense - I don't really like them compared to the hand made flowers I do.

my clients would love this, not quite mastered alot of 3 d designs so this is super, will have to get some. thanks for letting us know about it!
geeg i agree 110%

Latest posts

Back