5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holly smoke roll on bed time 😁xx

Holly smoke roll on bed time 😁xx

Yep, can't take much more! Just been watching the celebrity sport relief bake off and Johnny Vaughn's 'Radical' biscuits!! They were judged to be 'Disgusting and inedible' by Mary and Paul and more like mushrooms than anything biscuit like. I could have scoffed the lot, I tell ya!!! :eek:

Never mind, at a minute past midnight, I'll have anything up to my TDEE 1900 at my disposal. At this rate, they'll be gone by 00.05!! :lol::lol::lol: x

Yep, can't take much more! Just been watching the celebrity sport relief bake off and Johnny Vaughn's 'Radical' biscuits!! They were judged to be 'Disgusting and inedible' by Mary and Paul and more like mushrooms than anything biscuit like. I could have scoffed the lot, I tell ya!!! :eek:

Never mind, at a minute past midnight, I'll have anything up to my TDEE 1900 at my disposal. At this rate, they'll be gone by 00.05!! :lol::lol::lol: x

Haha I no what you mean!! I just need to make sure I don't over eat tomorrow! I hope we get use to this! I'm hoping it gets easier!
Mind it's not helping every advert is food related 🍔🍟🌽😩xx

It definitely gets easier I'm hungry and dreaming of my breakfast but it's bearable.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Deena I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's meant to be a 36 hour fast until breakfast :o

Deena I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's meant to be a 36 hour fast until breakfast :o

Hopefully, I'll get through until at least midday tomorrow and pounce, then! Think I'll have my other fast day on Friday this week and get some calories in the bank prior to my slap up meal on Saturday/Royal Albert Hall. It's a shame, but somebody has to do it! :wink2:

It definitely gets easier I'm hungry and dreaming of my breakfast but it's bearable.

Hey Nikki how long have you been doing it? I worked out my calories for other days but was difficult as some days I have to rest but other days can go for a walk so was between the two so I choose the middle for my calories, that should be ok shouldn't it? Xx

Need to read up on this a bit more, as not clear about the 36 hours? I suppose this is counted from the last 'Normal' day through the fasting one and out the other side, then? Not sure about eating 'Normally' in terms of calories, either. It can't be 1900, anyway, or I won't get anywhere.

One thing I have gleaned in the past, though, is it's a good idea to give your body a jolt now and then so it doesn't get too used to what you're going to give it and when. Bit like exercise, really, you have to vary it or the body gets acclimatised and doesn't achieve what your aiming for. You have to keep it guessing. :eek:

Started last May had a break the whole of December restarted 2 weeks ago. The book is very interesting and helpful so is the website. It talks about the 36 hours in the FAQ section. So I last ate at 9pm Sunday night then just have my 500 calories through to 9am Tuesday morning. It's ok to eat up to your TDEE as the change from that to your fast shocks your metabolism into restarting or something like that. Try to eat healthy but not too crazy on feast days. You dont want to go way over your recommended amount or under either. If your active and taller then your TDEE is higher.

Started last May had a break the whole of December restarted 2 weeks ago. The book is very interesting and helpful so is the website. It talks about the 36 hours in the FAQ section. So I last ate at 9pm Sunday night then just have my 500 calories through to 9am Tuesday morning. It's ok to eat up to your TDEE as the change from that to your fast shocks your metabolism into restarting or something like that. Try to eat healthy but not too crazy on feast days. You dont want to go way over your recommended amount or under either. If your active and taller then your TDEE is higher.

Thanks, I'll go and read up on it on the site. I probably under calculated my TDEE a bit on the exercise front by around 100 cals. Just depends on whether or not I get an exercise dvd in. Been a bit slack since xmas, so must get back into a daily routine of doing at least 45 mins of it. With that and walking the dog etc, I easily clock up 10,000 steps plus. :biggrin:

Thanks Nikki I did have the book but gave it away, may. Look into getting it again, I feel pleased I'm going to bed now not feeling bloated ect, I think 7-9 was hardest for me, maybe thu I'll do my nails at that time 😄
Everyone has done great so well done ladies, I'm off to bed to dream about breakfast! 🍲xxx

Thanks Nikki I did have the book but gave it away, may. Look into getting it again, I feel pleased I'm going to bed now not feeling bloated ect, I think 7-9 was hardest for me, maybe thu I'll do my nails at that time 😄
Everyone has done great so well done ladies, I'm off to bed to dream about breakfast! 🍲xxx

Night night, may all your dreams be tasty ones, bursting with carbs! :wink2: x

Had the flat tummy water today it wasn't to bad considering I had to use a peppermint teabag as didn't have any mint!
I had a boiled egg for breakfast, homemade leek and potato soup for lunch and a couple of crumpets with Vegemite. Pinched a celebration off my son so reckon that got me to my 500 calories but probably burnt that off as did Pilates this morning, then ab attack and boxing tonight, kept my mind off food tho!

I had my second fasting day on Saturday, I had fruit for lunch and jacket potato with tuna for dinner.

Today I weighed myself and lost two pounds, which although doesn't sound like much I ate out on Thursday and Friday last week with big meals so I wasn't expecting much so I'm pleased!

This week I'm fasting Tuesday(tomorrow) and Friday. Planning nice big healthy lunch then something quick and small like fruit for dinner as meeting friends in the evening for a drink which will keep me busy!
I'm really enjoying it and still being healthy on my non fast days, obviously apart from eating out twice haha.

Anyone else fasting tomorrow? Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

How are you all working out exactly how many calories you've eaten? I've never been on a diet before so haven't got a clue. Today is going to be my fasting day so I was going to survive on water and few cups of tea with sweeteners and soya milk during the day then for dinner around 6pm I was going to make chicken noodle soup with the slim noodles (only 21 calories the noodles) but not sure now if ill be over the 500 fasting calories? Blimey I haven't got a clue have I ?!
Thanks for any advice x

How are you all working out exactly how many calories you've eaten? I've never been on a diet before so haven't got a clue. Today is going to be my fasting day so I was going to survive on water and few cups of tea with sweeteners and soya milk during the day then for dinner around 6pm I was going to make chicken noodle soup with the slim noodles (only 21 calories the noodles) but not sure now if ill be over the 500 fasting calories? Blimey I haven't got a clue have I ?!
Thanks for any advice x

You can either get a calorie book or google individual values/weights. :hug:

BBC News this morning is talking about intermittent fasting being a good thing for your health, as long as you don't binge eat on the non fasting days ;)

Well, after yesterday's 'First fast,' I'm feeling surprisingly good this morning. I slept well and haven't woken up hungry or feeling like I want to eat everything in sight at all. I think I will get the book, as I'm still a bit unclear about 'Normal' days/average calories?

Anyway, for various reasons, my next 'Fast' will be on Friday.

Thanks for any advice x

I use the 'my fitness pal' app. It's fantastic!!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back