A little post to make you more aware (not scare!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparklepink

modges r us..we r coolio!
Reaction score
hey Geekios

Any of you that have read my blog will know that someone came in to my salon yesterday and snatched one of my clients handbag which was on the floor by my desk (I was doing the clients nails at the time!)

I wanted to post just to make everyone aware that things can happen like this
We never expected it, and its not like my salon is in a rough area
The guy just opened the door and grabbed her bag, it was all so quick

I dont want to scare anyone just highlight that there are horrid people out there who see opportunities that us normal people don't ever expect

It has really made me think how I can be complacent myself with my bag and belongings
in restaurants, when out and about in the car etc...
I will now always lock the car door when driving (not on the motor way tho!) just in case

I shouldnt have to lock my salon door and get up to let clients in, but after what happened in my place i am going to in future, just so i feel safe and for my clients safety as i never want that to happen again!

Jess
xox

Of all the nasty things .... and people. What an awful thing to happen Jess and it leaves a nasty aftertaste for both you and your client. So sorry this happened :hug:.

it was an awful thing to have happened hun , hopefully your client wont be too shaken up by it xxxxxx

We had someone take our charity box off the counter once.Some people just have no morals.

this informatiom is sooo important to all of us including mobile techs, thanks jessy for sharing that, I always lock ,my car door and place my handbag behind my chair incase someone asks me a question and I have to wind down the window. It is really sad to hear about these things, our heart goes out to you and your client. :hug::hug:

Thank you so much for sharing that information with us!! :lol:
It is really important that we realize that our belongings could be in jeopardy any minute! :eek:

I don't know if it would be practical :idea: to have a specific room or closet in the salon where we can place our customer's bags and coats just in case!

blimey jess, i bet that shook you up.
god there are some scumbags about arent there.

Last edited:
hey Geekios

Any of you that have read my blog will know that someone came in to my salon yesterday and snatched one of my clients handbag which was on the floor by my desk (I was doing the clients nails at the time!)

I wanted to post just to make everyone aware that things can happen like this
We never expected it, and its not like my salon is in a rough area
The guy just opened the door and grabbed her bag, it was all so quick

I dont want to scare anyone just highlight that there are horrid people out there who see opportunities that us normal people don't ever expect

It has really made me think how I can be complacent myself with my bag and belongings
in restaurants, when out and about in the car etc...
I will now always lock the car door when driving (not on the motor way tho!) just in case

I shouldnt have to lock my salon door and get up to let clients in, but after what happened in my place i am going to in future, just so i feel safe and for my clients safety as i never want that to happen again!

Jess
xox

wow thats terrible! I hope this doesnt sound like a stupid/awful question! but im interested to know how did you deal with the whole situation? I ask cos I dont really know how i would have dealt with it tbh...obviously you would have called the police...but you said you were doing her nails at the time..so did you then carry on with her nails? did you still ask her for payment, etc?

OMG Wha a thing to happen, Honestly, some people think that they can take anything! :mad: What a thing for you both to go through, hugs for you both. :hug: Jo.xx

Hi This is happening more and more a friend of mine as a hair salon and she as an automatic lock on the door and buzzes people in, this day and age you cant be to trusting, its sad I know but its the way of the world at the moment.
I never used to lock my front door always left it unlocked now its part and parcel of me coming in to automatically lock it, as a few month ago a guy was walking round where I live and trying doors, the police came round interviewing everyone telling people to keep doors and downstairs windows locked as this was happening in our area, the old guy up the road from me it happened to him he died not long after and am sure it was the shock of the robbery. Its a sad world lately don,t feel safe anywhere I drive with the doors locked on my car and just hope I don't have an accident.
I hope your customer is ok. :hug:

One word ......... scum!!!
:hug: to you both x

Just wanted to add a quick update ......

My client came back in yesterday for her maintenance and luckily for me the incident didn't put her off coming back............... but the unfortunate thing is the police have given up on the case as the CCTV on the shopping parade didnt pick up the cars reg plate so they didnt really have much more to go on

We now keep the salon door locked and have to get up to let clients in but i prefer that to ever being at risk from thieves again

Jess
xox

We had a similiar thing happen last year, an 18 year old stole a Cash Tin early in the morning. Luckily it only had £30.00 in it, anyway it resulted in me very nearly getting a conviction for assault.

well its over a year since this happened and nothing fortunately has happened since.... but i just wanted to make you all aware and to try to keep yourselves safe

my client still comes in too btw

Jess x

that happened in a salon i used to go a few years back..

now i put clents bags in the back room.. or get them to keep it next to them..
im very wary when some people walk in and will go over to the counter/till etc if i get certain vibes ( just in case they try something)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back