Advertising my homebased salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katexx

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the best way to advertise a home based salon.
Most of my clients have been word of mouth but I need to advertise to more. If I was to put an advert in the local paper should I leave my address off for saftey reasons?:?:

When I have advertised recently I have just left my house number off the address. Best places for me for results are Yellow Pages and Yell.com, Thomson local and my website ... and just recently leaflet dropping the same area every 3-4 weeks.

When I was home based the only place I advertised in was Yellow pages. I did speak to my two local papers and managed to get myself almost a full page of editorial in them, by offering to do a reader competition. This generated loads of business:green:. PM me if you want any ideas.:hug:

I offer my clients a 25% discount to both them and the person they introduce to me. It's amazing how many more people they tell! HTH x

BTW I found Thomson & yellow pages excellent - did you know if you work from home both will give you a lineage ad for free? PM me if you need the number. xx

Try google searching for similar to your own services and look at what comes up. There will be companies that you can register your business with free who promote your business locally. ie Touchlocal. etc some just want address name and number others like you to give a short profile. It worked for me!

I put a posting on a website called gumtree - it's like a local newspaper type of thing. If you don't want to put your full address, you could just put the area and explain where you are when they phone.

Just a thought , do your current clients work ? If so why not have some kind of flyer made up that they might put up on a staff notice board at work? I only suggest this as a lot of my home clients tell me people at work admire their nails and ask who did them & could they have my number. As I work 4 days in a salon & work from home in the weeknights also, I can only do so many so I ask my home clients not to give my number out as I can not take on any more at home.

If this is an option it will cost you nothing! (or near as dammit!)

thanks girls for your great idias ill give them ago

i agree with blossom, offering your existing clients an incentive for getting you knew ones is a great way to drum up business!

its like with sky....you get £50's worth of m&s for every person you refer to them, you wouldn't believe how often i try and talk friends into signing up with sky so that i can get my m&s vouchers!!!!!

Latest posts

Back