Advice needed on EN course.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becko

Reaction score
hi,iv bin looking into doin a nails course from home 4 aaaaggggeees!! a frind of a friend has just givin me a set of stuff essential nails gel+maintaing course she done! im missin the training hand+any bits.

where the best place 2 buy this?

also as iv got most of teh bits am inc.dvds am i able to just pay 4 a test???

any answers would be great!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I you choose the essential nailcourse (try having a search on that, a lot of opinions come up) why not ring them and ask? They are the ones who can really answer those questions.:hug:

Oh Sandi and I must have written at the same time xx

Last edited:
i got my training hand from ebay and it came with loads of stuff xx

i got my training hand from ebay and it came with loads of stuff xx

She will still have to register and buy a course if she wants a diploma, and hat way ringing essential nails could answer the questions...:hug:

am i able to just pay 4 a test???

This is what annoys me about EN, you guys think you can just pay for a test.

Not only is your spelling (spellin) casual, so is your attitude to a professional career.

I have to agree with Carl .. this is no way to start out a career in nails ... good luck mate, you'll need it.

Of course EN will not just let you pay for a test. You'll have to start by buying the whole kit an kaboodle from them like anyone else, and even then your course will only be putting your toe in the water of what is a serious profession and will make you serious money if you take it seriously yourself. Be prepared to waste allot of money if you don't. Don't say we didn't warn you. :green:

This is what annoys me about EN, you guys think you can just pay for a test.

Not only is your spelling (spellin) casual, so is your attitude to a professional career.

Yep!

And now we can have another thread on home learn courses! It doesn't matter how many times the minority say "but that's all I ever did and it was great!", the majority will always say "yes, but it is only a beginning so think carefully!"

Someone even said that is the only course they have done in several years of working! Whatever happened to 'lifetime learning' and professionalism??

Becko, listen to and read the advice on here. If it is for a hobby than great. If it is for a career then think and plan carefully

If you do a search there are loads of thread reference EN, some good and some bad.
EN will need you to buy the full kit in order for you to pass their tests.
If you are interested in learning about nails and want to have a career in the industry then I personally would recommend you do a class room based course as you can not learn from a dvd. Some people will argue with that but this is my opinion and I did purchase the EN course and swiftly sent it back when I realised I was never going to learn properly through this course.
Good luck hun xox

I totally agree with what nailzoo, geeg and mum have all said, as many of you know i started with en but i went on to train with CND, i am planning on doing more courses with CND next year, en is just a stepping stone, if i knew then what i know now i would have gone straight to CND in the first place. If you read the course details correctly on the en site it says that the courses will put you on the pathway to nvq not that they will give you an nvq or equivelent, please, if you are looking to make a career out of this then choose your courses wisely, i am not having a go at people who have trained with en but by the same tokenyou cannot just do an en course and then call yourself a professional, there are plenty of holes in the training you get with en and i can say that with conviction as i have had first hand knowledge of it, anyone who says that the training is complete is just fooling themselves.

If you have questions you should contact essential nails directly.

I don't think it is possible to just pay for a test. I know they are aware that in the past people have sold the kits on ebay and essential nails generally advises against it as peoples old kits often contain half used, contaminated product.

You are probably missing a lot of the basic bits in the kit that are very important.

If you are missing the training hand it is generally the most expensive piece of equipment in the kit and so would be pricey to replace.

If you wanted to start an essential nails course it is advisable to order a full kit. I believe they have a spreading the cost option of paying in installments.

I don't know how many times I have said this but I'll say it again.

I bought an EN course, saw the negative responses on it on here, never bothered to complete it, didnt see the point. Since then I have done my level 2 and 3 and all CND courses and now onto my CND Masters.

Will I ever complete my EN course? NO, whats the point its not worth anything to me.

anne xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back