All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone... so I am practicing with my PopIts...and I am getting crackly air spots underneath in some areas. Any ideas why? It is across all of the nails I have done! I am trying to follow Gigi's tutorial, I am pressing them down for 15 seconds. What am I doing wrong?

At this rate I am having an easier time with a traditional brush and L&P than PopIts!!

I have a link to the picture I took of it...

Hi everyone... so I am practicing with my PopIts...and I am getting crackly air spots underneath in some areas. Any ideas why? It is across all of the nails I have done! I am trying to follow Gigi's tutorial, I am pressing them down for 15 seconds. What am I doing wrong?

At this rate I am having an easier time with a traditional brush and L&P than PopIts!!

I have a link to the picture I took of it...

Yours is not an uncommon problem with people new to using PopIts.

The SECRET is to place one large bead in the PopIt ... don't press it or touch it for 5-6 seconds. Let it flow out. Only then do you lightly spread the bead in the PopIt. Turn over and apply gently. RELAX .... this will work. Like anything else, you have to get to know how to use them and you will get less and less problems until you have none and then wonder why you ever had any in the first place. :green:

I don't care if it is PopIts or Minx or enhancements it takes about 20 sets or so before you begin to really get it. If you give up you will be cheating yourself out of a really valuable service.

to any of you out there who have them stuck in a drawer because you gave up to soon and had unrealistic expectations of how 'easy' they would be to master ... GET THEM OUT AND TRY AGAIN. THERE ARE PLENTY USING THEM AND LOVING THEM AND NOT HAVING PROBLEMS ANYMORE.

Hello all i all new to this nails i do gel and l/p now i feel really stupid asking but I bought poppits as i thought it would be nice easy and quick but i cant get my consistance right its to thick and just lumpy what am i doing wrong please help

Brush liquid then drop of powder put in poppit the place on nail??

thanks

Hello all i all new to this nails i do gel and l/p now i feel really stupid asking but I bought poppits as i thought it would be nice easy and quick but i cant get my consistance right its to thick and just lumpy what am i doing wrong please help

Brush liquid then drop of powder put in poppit the place on nail??

thanks

It is nice and easy and quick!

All the instructions how to use PopIts are here on the site in the tutorials section.

Another alternative is to get yourself on a class.
0131 3333180 is the place near to you.

Product Consistency with PopIts is no different than when you do hand made enhancments.

Yours is not an uncommon problem with people new to using PopIts.

The SECRET is to place one large bead in the PopIt ... don't press it or touch it for 5-6 seconds. Let it flow out. Only then do you lightly spread the bead in the PopIt. Turn over and apply gently. RELAX .... this will work. Like anything else, you have to get to know how to use them and you will get less and less problems until you have none and then wonder why you ever had any in the first place. :green:

I don't care if it is PopIts or Minx or enhancements it takes about 20 sets or so before you begin to really get it. If you give up you will be cheating yourself out of a really valuable service.

to any of you out there who have them stuck in a drawer because you gave up to soon and had unrealistic expectations of how 'easy' they would be to master ... GET THEM OUT AND TRY AGAIN. THERE ARE PLENTY USING THEM AND LOVING THEM AND NOT HAVING PROBLEMS ANYMORE.

Thanks Gigi! That helped... I am going to practice more today, even challenge myself with my sculpting skills too!

I think I was pressing too hard with the Popit as well, I was holding it down over the nail bed with a pretty firm pressure, so when I released that pressure, it made the "air pocket" that I kept having underneath...

I noticed also watching the Nail Zoo videos on Popits that they weren't pressing on the Popits the way I was, and were only holding it gently in place, so here we go again for more practice!!

I haven't yet tried Popits, I am booked on a CND course in 2 weeks but had some trial Freeforms from The Edge and have been playing with them. I found they got very hot to the touch when I was taking off the form, is this normal?

I haven't yet tried Popits, I am booked on a CND course in 2 weeks but had some trial Freeforms from The Edge and have been playing with them. I found they got very hot to the touch when I was taking off the form, is this normal?

It depends on how much product you have loaded into the form.

All l&p gives off heat when curing but normally we don't feel it as we apply in numbers of small beads and the heat can escape.

In a PopIt you can have two things going on .. Too much product and the heat can't escape as the product is trapped under the form. The temperature in your working area is also a factor.

I have felt warmth when applying PopIts on occasion.. nothing that was ever uncomfortable or even approaching the heat spike you get from some gels when they cure.

Use less product (the form should not be filled to the brim).

OK so my course had to be cancelled at the last minute yesterday but SS very kindly sent me the Popits to try and I just went for it!

Firstly I got them out of the packet and I cannot see a 'skirt' to cut off at all, now I may be thick, but does anyone have pics of the before and after of a popit that has the skirt on and then off?

Despite this, I set about using them because I am impatient and I am using them with white tips and am in love with the shape it gives me on my horrible nails:lol: BUT air bubbles :irked: arrggh - they are just bugging me beyond belief. I am going to paint this set and the finish is wonderful so that's not a problem. I have read and re-read everything about them on here and am doing it all right (or so I think!) - any tips anyone on why this happens. I did a set on my daughter after mine and some of them were better but I can't see why this is happening - I am using a large bead, letting it settle etc. Is it anything to do with the angle you place on the nail or how you press?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have been away for a long time and just found out about this amazing product and technique. I am so jealous that I can not get them in Canada and have to order them in from the US which is going to really increase the price and wait time over 3 weeks!:irked:

Since I have been away I have opened and closed a day spa and moved back to Victoria BC and cannot wait to start offering services in my home again.

So thanks to all of you for your Q and A about this topic! I know so much about popits and I haven't even held one in my hand:!:

I am new to PopIt. Can I use PopIt forms with any product or it has to be the one that comes with the forms?
Thank you

I am new to PopIt. Can I use PopIt forms with any product or it has to be the one that comes with the forms?
Thank you

No product comes with the forms ... and yes you can use any product with them.

Hi soz if this sounds daft, but do any of you guys clean your popits after use , if so what with? and how many times would you use them, before disposing them :irked:

Hi soz if this sounds daft, but do any of you guys clean your popits after use , if so what with? and how many times would you use them, before disposing them :irked:

No I never clean after use I throw them away just as I would a tip that has been trimmed.

You can use each PopIt 3-4 times before they are not shiny anymore.

When I do a full set of PopIts, I use the same number 6 for instance 4 times during the service maybe a number 5 twice and number 2 twice and a number 10 twice .......... I haven't time to keep count of how many times I have used a freakin PopIt :lol: They've done their duty as far as I'm concerned and they get binned. The client has paid for them during each service so they are expendable. I only usually ever use 4-5 PopIts for an entire service .... how miserly do you have to be ?? Bin 'em.

Ok, so I have been through this whole thread a while back, and I am pretty sure that I got my info off here (don't want to go back through all the pages right now to be sure!) about where to order popits in the US. I ordered them from WWW.ESPECIALLYNAILS.COM
Has anyone had any experience with this site? It has been 3 weeks now, and I haven't got them. The lady keeps giving me new excuses as to why I don't have them. I am very frustrated, I just want to try them so bad!
Also, does anyone know anywhere else in the US I can buy these from? Or I guess anywhere else that will ship to the US and is reliable?
And, does anyone know why these don't seem to be available in the US yet? They seem like such an amazing invention!

http://www.especiallynails.com

Ok, so I have been through this whole thread a while back, and I am pretty sure that I got my info off here (don't want to go back through all the pages right now to be sure!) about where to order popits in the US. I ordered them from WWW.ESPECIALLYNAILS.COM
Has anyone had any experience with this site? It has been 3 weeks now, and I haven't got them. The lady keeps giving me new excuses as to why I don't have them. I am very frustrated, I just want to try them so bad!
Also, does anyone know anywhere else in the US I can buy these from? Or I guess anywhere else that will ship to the US and is reliable?
And, does anyone know why these don't seem to be available in the US yet? They seem like such an amazing invention!

http://www.especiallynails.com

You can purchase them from www.sweetsquared.com email info and ask about prices incuding shipping etc. They are 100%reliable. Minx do not weigh much so postage is not too bad ... you soon get the cost back in a couple of full set services.

I could answer your questions re supply but not on the www. :hug:

Phew its taken me two days to get through it all lol !!!

Right did a full set on myself last night, three were brilliant, four are ok , three are a disaster !!!

I have pictures in my album. The thumb on my right hand was a nightmare I did it and I could see that it was 'just not right' so took off the poppit scrapped everything off, filed and preped again. went onto left hand litlle fingerhas a hole on thje side ring finger sort of has craters then the next three fingers brilliant.................thought I had it sorted so went back to my thumb................. again just did not go 'right' I could see that the product was not sitting on the nail so tried to apply a bit more pressure and know have a crazy paved effect !!! Massive air bubbles that I can play with lol !!!

So will soak off the three offending nails and try again ! (mind you the girls at work love them and said that they look really natrual !!!!.................think they may be to thin..........time will tell !)

I really wish I could print this thread out lol !!!! Any comments appreciated !!!

Phew its taken me two days to get through it all lol !!!

Right did a full set on myself last night, three were brilliant, four are ok , three are a disaster !!!

I have pictures in my album. The thumb on my right hand was a nightmare I did it and I could see that it was 'just not right' so took off the poppit scrapped everything off, filed and preped again. went onto left hand litlle fingerhas a hole on thje side ring finger sort of has craters then the next three fingers brilliant.................thought I had it sorted so went back to my thumb................. again just did not go 'right' I could see that the product was not sitting on the nail so tried to apply a bit more pressure and know have a crazy paved effect !!! Massive air bubbles that I can play with lol !!!

So will soak off the three offending nails and try again ! (mind you the girls at work love them and said that they look really natrual !!!!.................think they may be to thin..........time will tell !)

I really wish I could print this thread out lol !!!! Any comments appreciated !!!

You did not have enough product in the PopIts that had the big air bubbles. You should never have to press hard on the PopIt. Youonly need a very light touch if the PopIt it holding the right amount .

Ok makes sense, I will soak off the offending nails and re do , many thanks

Back again. Re did the three nails got one perfect, ring finger still not having it and thumb is nearly right !!!

Ok so know I'm excited. I can produce a nail that looks nice. Hurrah !

So I have a guniea pig in on Monday. She already has nice nails and would not need tipping. If I was doing an overlay in pink and white, could I put the white on the nail first then do the poppit or is it better to do the white in the poppit, do three, go back to first and add the pink ??????????????

Back again. Re did the three nails got one perfect, ring finger still not having it and thumb is nearly right !!!

Ok so know I'm excited. I can produce a nail that looks nice. Hurrah !

So I have a guniea pig in on Monday. She already has nice nails and would not need tipping. If I was doing an overlay in pink and white, could I put the white on the nail first then do the poppit or is it better to do the white in the poppit, do three, go back to first and add the pink ??????????????

Better to put rhe white on the nail first (nice and thin mind) and then the overlay with the PopIt. Doing it anyother way will take a tonne of time and loose the whole point of using the PopIt. x

Latest posts

Back